997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

How to launch the manual 997 TT ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 10:23 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nyamg
Sorry for the dumb question, but what are rep bars?
Little green or red squares on the right...

Old 02-01-2009, 10:29 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu

Well, I suck at the drag strip. The 997TT's clutch activation is difficult for me to master...
With a stage 3 clutch its even harder . I look forward to the Gt2 conversion that I will be getting with the hopes that the adjustments will provide a more accurate clutch feel .

Old 02-02-2009, 12:09 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Agree with slipping the clutch rather than dropping the clutch. You need to practice this at the drag strip, totally different when you are behind the light. Heart starts pumping hard especially if a car next to you is burning the **** out of their tires. Practice, practice, GL.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:00 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by art4iza
Agree with slipping the clutch rather than dropping the clutch. You need to practice this at the drag strip, totally different when you are behind the light. Heart starts pumping hard especially if a car next to you is burning the **** out of their tires. Practice, practice, GL.
Looking at what you're up against while he is burning the living life out of his tires is just doing nothing but shrinking your own *****! next time don't look just concentrate

Old 02-02-2009, 11:11 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Try and get a shredded tranny or a broken axle covered under warranty and see what they say...

And BTW, go Cardinals
Steelers 27 - Cardnals 23
And where are those Packers

Old 02-02-2009, 07:09 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I'm just trying to teach from my learnings. It is always good to look ahead only but sometimes the ground shaking next to you does not help much

Originally Posted by SRatha
Looking at what you're up against while he is burning the living life out of his tires is just doing nothing but shrinking your own *****! next time don't look just concentrate

Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
I have only launched mine a few times (probably terribly). I always get that nasty clutch smell and it makes me feel a little guilty/dirty. I usually baby the car for the rest of the day....

I get my kicks with a good 2nd gear pull.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:34 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chrisn
I have only launched mine a few times (probably terribly). I always get that nasty clutch smell and it makes me feel a little guilty/dirty. I usually baby the car for the rest of the day....
I know exactly what your talking about..

Old 02-02-2009, 09:58 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Steelers 27 - Cardnals 23
They were robbed.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:05 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
flash the ecu, add the exhaust of your choosing and dont worry about launching and abusing the clutch....you will be plenty fast just softly launching the car and keeping your foot down from then on out.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:06 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
and for the record the Steelers planned that whole game out from the get go

Old 02-03-2009, 04:22 AM
turbo498 is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys for all you responces..so i understand that i should rev the engine 3-4k rpm and then drop the clutch and full throttle ? simply drop the clutch. Some guys are stating slip the clutch rather than dropping it, can somebody illustrate in detail how to slip the clutch ?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 AM
I would highly recommend slipping the clutch, good chance you will bog dropping at 3-4k

Old 02-04-2009, 11:58 AM
noah677 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
With a stage 3 clutch its even harder . I look forward to the Gt2 conversion that I will be getting with the hopes that the adjustments will provide a more accurate clutch feel .
Y1
Do you mean you are going to dump the AWD by a GT2 conversion???

Old 02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I usually do a soft launch. Not too many cars out there that can hang with you if your tt is modded.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to launch the manual 997 TT ?