997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

help me pick rims!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:58 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
help me pick rims!

Help me pick some rims! What do you think will look the best?
My car is black with PCCB's, I was thinking of picking up the yellow in the interior and the brakes in the wheels.
So far, I have the following on my list and in no particular order
360forged Multi or one of the mesh.
Champion Rs171
Hre P40 in black
Dymag 10 spoke in black

Thanks!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:11 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
P40s... or something one piece because of the roads you have there

I still like the P43's on our 997S.2

Last edited by sharkster; 02-03-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor
KrafTechnik is infamous around these partsKrafTechnik is infamous around these parts
Tough tough choice but for me it comes down to the P40s or the 360s. I would do the 360s if you want to make the wheel more customized but go with the P40s if you really want that wow factor.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:29 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Tough choice, did you consider the Cargraphic wheels Mike at RSS has? Looks fantastic and also new, so no one has them yet! or not many of them. If it were to be from that list, I would go dymag, its just special!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:36 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SRatha
Tough choice, did you consider the Cargraphic wheels Mike at RSS has? Looks fantastic and also new, so no one has them yet! or not many of them. If it were to be from that list, I would go dymag, its just special!
Just saw those too... another good choice:P

Old 02-03-2009, 02:05 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JZRS4
Help me pick some rims! What do you think will look the best?
My car is black with PCCB's, I was thinking of picking up the yellow in the interior and the brakes in the wheels.
So far, I have the following on my list and in no particular order
360forged Multi or one of the mesh.
Champion Rs171
Hre P40 in black
Dymag 10 spoke in black

Thanks!
360 Forged or HRE P40 IMO.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:07 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SRatha
Isn't it a cast wheel and a bit heavy? But then again with the rough roads you get in Chicago, a cast wheel might not be all that bad.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Something black with a yellow stripe

Old 02-03-2009, 02:09 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Dymag all the way just be careful of those potholes.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:35 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by c2mojo
Dymag all the way just be careful of those potholes.
I have been super lucky so far, you don't think they would hold up on our roads? It is impossible to miss every hole, I try, but it's impossible.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:52 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JZRS4
I have been super lucky so far, you don't think they would hold up on our roads? It is impossible to miss every hole, I try, but it's impossible.
I mastered the art of dodging potholes, unless the pot hole occupies more than half of the road...
and am no joking, its true...

Old 02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
khaosai is infamous around these parts
Hi,

i find it difficult to picture a particular wheel on the car. I wish i could do the photoshop thing.

My choice would be the Champion RS171, closely followed by the HRE P43.

The Dymags are another great looking wheel, and judging by these pics they seem to be very strong.

Rgds.

Attached Images   
Old 02-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
Alex, let's get the 19" Formula III wheels on your car!

Originally Posted by sharkster
P40s... or something one piece because of the roads you have there

I still like the P43's on our 997S.2

Alex, let's get the 19" Formula III wheels on your car!

Old 02-03-2009, 04:05 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
360s

Old 02-03-2009, 04:22 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
RS171 ftw

Had them on for about 8 months now driving everyday in NYC and though I avoid the worst roads there's no way to avoid every single pothole or "crevasse" and so far they've held up well. *knock on wood*

You'll notice how much lighter they are the second you pick them up out of the box. No complaints with them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: help me pick rims!