997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: Which wing looks the best?
Stock Turbo Wing
35.62%
GT3 Wing
15.07%
GT2 Wing
38.36%
Other
10.96%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

997TT with GT3 Wing??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 07:21 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Don't really like the OEMs. but TechArt add on ones are nice... and it can still be raised...

Old 02-05-2009, 05:44 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Werks

Old 02-07-2009, 05:09 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SRatha
Don't really like the OEMs. but TechArt add on ones are nice... and it can still be raised...
Type I version yes, type II version no (although it can be manually adjusted I believe).

I want to see me Techart type II pictures myself. I have seen a couple of cars but not in enough detail to part with the crazy high cash.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:17 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Sorry I didn't get a chance to get any high-res shots today, maybe tomorrow or Monday. But here's the sneak peek..

Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2009, 08:53 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raiyu
Sorry I didn't get a chance to get any high-res shots today, maybe tomorrow or Monday. But here's the sneak peek..
Very cool!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
keep the oem turbo look

porsche designs their bodies in wind tunnels for a reason. to optimize the downforce w/each aerodynamic component

mixing a gt3 wing w/out a gt3 nose is not the best idea when going over 120mph on a track.

for the look, its personal, for function, stick w/the OEM pairings.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Looks good Raiyu!

That GT3RS wing is designed for the 997TT from MaShaw and available through us. We took the construction of their 997GT2 wing base and then added the GT3RS wing blade to it. It has fully functioning ducts to the intakes still. Cant wait to see the rest of the pics!

Old 02-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
Looks good Raiyu!

That GT3RS wing is designed for the 997TT from MaShaw and available through us. We took the construction of their 997GT2 wing base and then added the GT3RS wing blade to it. It has fully functioning ducts to the intakes still. Cant wait to see the rest of the pics!
was it tested in a wind tunnel like the oem turbo wing? or oem turbo aero kit wing?

as well as along w/the turbo and aerokit turbo front bumper?

Old 02-08-2009, 05:33 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Pistol
was it tested in a wind tunnel like the oem turbo wing? or oem turbo aero kit wing?

as well as along w/the turbo and aerokit turbo front bumper?
There's really no need, aeros dont really play a part until you are going 115-125+mph and I dont really hit those speeds on any turns except the uphill esses at watkins glen and VIR so its not going to have a huge impact. As for the straights when I do get to 150 there'll be some more down force in the rear but there's no weight transfer as I'm just driving straight so it wont matter, by the time I hit a turn I'll have braked hard enough that I wont be at a speed where aero will play a difference.

This wont upset the balance, it's mostly just going to have an effect on the drag coefficient and with the turbo even if its adverse its not like it will matter if I lose a little overall power.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:09 PM
hope your information is correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsjAp...eature=related

Last edited by Pistol; 02-08-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:56 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pistol
LOL

Old 02-08-2009, 11:37 PM
i am merely kidding

i just would be concerned mixing and matching parts of a car that alter the OE multi-million dollar aero dynamic research efforts.

either way, i think its unique!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Most of the cars here are street cars, so wind tunnel testing does not matter. If you are hitting 150mph down the back straight of a race track, talk to Al Norton or Tom Kerr here. If Raiyu added a front lip or a GT3 bumper, the difference would be so minimal that at a DE level, he would not be able to notice. Again looks great!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor
Here are some bigger pictures.

View more photos of Moisey’s car on our Gallery - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/gallery/browseimages.php?c=395

Old 02-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
i am against both of those wings above...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT with GT3 Wing??