997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: Which wing looks the best?
Stock Turbo Wing
35.62%
GT3 Wing
15.07%
GT2 Wing
38.36%
Other
10.96%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

997TT with GT3 Wing??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Not feeling it, just doesn't look right on a turbo imo

Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
Most of the cars here are street cars, so wind tunnel testing does not matter.
I am sorry but it would very much matter to me! What's the point in having any spoilers on these cars if they aren't functional?

The 911 is already light on the front end without adding more downforce on the rear with nothing to counter that on the front. Stock Turbos are infamous for their understeer.

180mph+ is common place with these cars on German Autobahns here in Europe. The thought of doing this kind of speeds with a non-wind-tunnel-tested aerokit would scare me half to death! I doubt there are many Turbo owners who never once been above 120mph during their ownership, not even in the US.

As for resale on a car with mixed aerokit parts, forget it...

Old 02-09-2009, 12:43 PM
GMS03 is infamous around these parts
GT2 win looks great... but... in not a lot of time you'll se too many with it.

search a tuner that make something that you like it.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:44 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
That looks cool.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Vorsteiner wing coming soon. Its a combination of the GT2 and a GT3RS kinda.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:49 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Vorsteiner wing coming soon. Its a combination of the GT2 and a GT3RS kinda.

I like that. How much Dan?

Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I will PM you as we have the front bumper, rear bumper, and wing available.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Former Vendor
Alex997TT - nobody is doing 180mph on the streets here. I see your point about the larger rear wing on the rear but not the front, but I think the addition of a little lip to the front is not going to put any cars out of sync. Also resale, different market here. Depends on the car, seller, and more.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
screw aerodynamics and wind tunnel testing! How many ricers like this have you seen over turned on the freeway?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:39 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
is it just me, or do these wings not look right on the Turbo????

Old 02-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor
GotBoost - Good News coming your way.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:41 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
I just found my LOVE

Originally Posted by Mercedes Benz
screw aerodynamics and wind tunnel testing! How many ricers like this have you seen over turned on the freeway?
I might have to trade!!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
Most of the cars here are street cars, so wind tunnel testing does not matter.
that is a terrible thing to hear and speaks volumes about Vivid Racing and the products that you sell.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:08 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
But that Neon won't go fast enough to make any difference.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:43 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pistol
that is a terrible thing to hear and speaks volumes about Vivid Racing and the products that you sell.
Sadly very much so

Stock 997s already have light steering (especially when accelerating), I can't imagine making this worse by adding rear downforce without countering at the front.

I don't know the exact downforce generate by a GT3 wing but let's look at the Lotus Exige as an example. A standard Elise at 100mph generates 8/4 lbs downforce F/R (front/rear). An Exige, which is effectively the same car with better aerodynamics, generates 42/48 lbs downforce F/R. You take away that front spolier/splitter then you have a very unbalanced car, even at 100mph. I would imagine that it would be worse for a GT3 wing given it's bigger than an Exige wing.

If I get a bodykit for my Turbo it will certainly be wind tunnel tested and the first thing I will want to know is what the F/R downforces are.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT with GT3 Wing??