997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: Which wing looks the best?
Stock Turbo Wing
35.62%
GT3 Wing
15.07%
GT2 Wing
38.36%
Other
10.96%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

997TT with GT3 Wing??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KA 997TT
I have had my car up to 168 MPH on stock suspension with the stock wing, it felt more than fine...
but that's because porsche designed the aero components so that it is "rock steady"

they didn't say, oh wow the gt3 rs wing is so sexy, lets put it on the turbo.

it doesn't work like that...

well atleast not in germany

Old 02-11-2009, 07:18 AM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pistol
but that's because porsche designed the aero components so that it is "rock steady"

they didn't say, oh wow the gt3 rs wing is so sexy, lets put it on the turbo.

it doesn't work like that...

well atleast not in germany

Thanks

If I thought Porsche does not design their vehicles well i would not have spent 121K to buy one of their products, at the same time, we replace their suspension design, it is not the best out there, we replace the exhaust,we redo the ECU tuning, wheels... so they are not perfect but good enough to start.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
yes but you don't buy replicas and mix and match components!

u buy a suspension that has been race proven. its not the best out there because 90% of porsches are driven like grand mas or angry 16 year old kids. its the small % that are enthusiasts and drive them at the track - which is where the porsche shines.

u buy an exhaust that does not conform towards the emissions standing that Porsche USA has.

the ECU tuning and wheels are personal choices. personally, I would never have HRE's or iForgery wheels on my car. nor would i up the boost.

Last edited by Pistol; 02-11-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Pistol - please post pictures of your 997TT and a mod list.

KA - no worries brotha

Raiyu - got your email and on it.

GotBoost - call me and I will conference call with him.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:15 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pistol
yes but you don't buy replicas and mix and match components!

u buy a suspension that has been race proven. its not the best out there because 90% of porsches are driven like grand mas or angry 16 year old kids. its the small % that are enthusiasts and drive them at the track - which is where the porsche shines.

u buy an exhaust that does not conform towards the emissions standing that Porsche USA has.

the ECU tuning and wheels are personal choices. personally, I would never have HRE's or iForgery wheels on my car. nor would i up the boost.

Good for you!!!! but i really don't care what you do, I do what i do... got the hint?

Old 02-11-2009, 02:23 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
. At the end of the day, my vote goes to the GT3RS wing. Go for it KA997TT!

Originally Posted by KA 997TT
Good for you!!!! but i really don't care what you do, I do what i do... got the hint?

Old 02-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
GotBoost - YGPM

Old 02-11-2009, 02:33 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
GotBoost - YGPM
Didn't get it.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Former Vendor
will reforward it.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
For the record, I think the wing on Raiyu's car looks BAD A$$!

Dan,

I never got a contact from Vorsteiner on the their wing setup.
Thank you sir