997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: Which wing looks the best?
Stock Turbo Wing
35.62%
GT3 Wing
15.07%
GT2 Wing
38.36%
Other
10.96%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

997TT with GT3 Wing??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 08:30 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
997TT with GT3 Wing??

I just love the look of a GT3 wing, i have been thinking about putting one on my TT, what do you guys think of this and has anyone done it??

Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
i dont think gt3 wing would look nice on TT, I will go with techart or gt2.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:51 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Don't mess around with the aerodynamics, get the OEM aerokit if anything.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
I put one on my 996 with a large spoiler and splitter on the front and for track days with everything in place, I think it looks great. when I drive it on the street I have to take the front spoiler and splitter off bc it is too low. I don't drive very fast on the highways so front/rear downforce balance is not an issue but it just looks strange without the front piece on it. I don't like it.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:55 AM
wbrownie has a spectacular aura aboutwbrownie has a spectacular aura aboutwbrownie has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Don't mess around with the aerodynamics, get the OEM aerokit if anything.
Agree. Seems to be OEM aero kit is the best alternative. Pricing is fairly attractive, give Techart pricing and I believe resale will be best with the Factory Aerokit as opposed to aftermarket.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
RS qing might look good.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:32 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
OEM aero or nothing, the gt3 wing wouldn't look right, kinda poser-ish.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
i dont think gt3 wing would look nice on tt, i will go with techart or gt2.
+1

What's the OEM aero-kit look like?

Last edited by emturbo; 02-04-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:41 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
techart type II

Old 02-04-2009, 10:07 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I've seem pic of 997TT with OEM GT3RS wing. It just look out of place. Go with Techart or OEM aero. They're wind tunnel tested and design for 997TT.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:24 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ray
I've seem pic of 997TT with OEM GT3RS wing. It just look out of place. Go with Techart or OEM aero. They're wind tunnel tested and design for 997TT.
The one you are referring to is the white 997TT at GMG but that isnt a replica of a stock GT3RS wing, its actually about two times taller than a stock wing which is why it looks out of place.

But as for everyone else that's wondering check the forum on Saturday

Your questions will be answered ...

That's all Im gonna say on that.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:57 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ray
I'm curious to see how that will look like.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:23 AM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
I am getting the hint to stay with stock or OEM aero-kit... anyone got some pictures of those?

Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
I think the stock wing is the way to go on a Turbo. To me it looks right, those big wings on the back of a Turbo don't look right, just my .02

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT with GT3 Wing??