997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

550 HP upgrade from P dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:27 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Kevin's flash is basically the same as the rest. 75 HP increase and numerous files. His hand held programmer takes only about 30 seconds actually. Plug it into the OBD port, select which program you want and download. Less than a minute. I know because I have done it. Unless Porsche AG has changed it's policy, they never warranted these types of mods before. My car is not under warranty so I don't use the dealer. My point is he could do the reflash himself it's so ridiculously easy. Same with the air filter. The exhaust is a different story, and something maybe best left to an expert, although many here have done that themselves. 2 hours max because I watched it being done on my car.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
i believe its a good deal to be honest they're not taking more than 1000-2000$ more do it and u will be satisfied

Old 02-11-2009, 11:20 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
GOTBOOST got it right on the button. A lot of great exhausts out there for around 4000.00 and since the main difference is sound, paying more isn't necessarily better - only different. Listen to as many as possible before purchasing. Good luck with your decision.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:53 AM
noah677 is infamous around these parts
I think that is a reasonable deal. I assume that they are maintaining your basic warranty--which they should (unless you track the car) since what you are doing is not to radical but will wake that car up big time and you will be pleased

Old 02-11-2009, 12:04 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by noah677
I think that is a reasonable deal. I assume that they are maintaining your basic warranty--which they should (unless you track the car) since what you are doing is not to radical but will wake that car up big time and you will be pleased
Even though the dealer does the mods, that doesn't mean that the factory warranty will cover it. PCNA will treat the the car like any other modded car claim. However, they will be more inclined to help and fight for you if they did the work.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Even though the dealer does the mods, that doesn't mean that the factory warranty will cover it. PCNA will treat the the car like any other modded car claim. However, they will be more inclined to help and fight for you if they did the work.
I understand what you are saying. However the first question would ask is about the factory warranty. If my dealer had said NO I would not have done it. The dealers who will maintain the warranty----will do so without problems and they know how to bury things etc etc.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I understand what you are saying. However the first question would ask is about the factory warranty. If my dealer had said NO I would not have done it. The dealers who will maintain the warranty----will do so without problems and they know how to bury things etc etc.
You are correct. They will bury some things for you, but it becomes difficult to bury bigger jobs that will require PCNA Factory Rep approval. Any mod friendly dealer will help with small things if your relationship is good with them.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:30 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Not true. Say you mod your engine with a simple ECU, and you bend a conrod for some reason or another. Your dealership has NO SAY in warrnaty coverage...your regional PCNA rep will have to authorize an engine swap. I guarantee you they will raise more than an eyebrow if your ECU has been remapped, or rev limiter has been raised.

Now...what are the odds you bend a rod? Unless you are doing something abusive, probably zero. But don't believe for a second that your dealership has the last say and can "hide" things. They will claim innocence and ignorance of your modifications first chance they get.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:12 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
bb is right, that's why Ruf is such a good deal, includes a warranty!

Old 02-11-2009, 02:50 PM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
In his initial post txjeff stated that the upgrade included a 1 year
warranty.
Eventually that statement was deleted by a moderator !

Old 02-11-2009, 03:07 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Why would a moderator delete that? We talk about warranties all the time.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by landjet
Why would a moderator delete that? We talk about warranties all the time.
Geez,

Even Pravda had less censorship than this place.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Midcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud of
+1 on the Ruf, you're wasting your time with anything else

Old 02-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Not true. Say you mod your engine with a simple ECU, and you bend a conrod for some reason or another. Your dealership has NO SAY in warrnaty coverage...your regional PCNA rep will have to authorize an engine swap. I guarantee you they will raise more than an eyebrow if your ECU has been remapped, or rev limiter has been raised.

Now...what are the odds you bend a rod? Unless you are doing something abusive, probably zero. But don't believe for a second that your dealership has the last say and can "hide" things. They will claim innocence and ignorance of your modifications first chance they get.
I really don't feel like going through this crap again. You stick with your dealer and I'll stick with mine---if you have to be right, then OK you are right, know more than anyone else and know the inner workings of Porsche dealerships---baby your the greatest

Last edited by noah677; 02-11-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:59 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !

A dealership can not warranty aftermarket . A "motorsports" affiliaite of a dealership is a separate entity and they can warranty their work . It certainly is a step in a good direction to consolidate things UNLESS a private tuner really is far superior in workmanship .

If that dealership mods out his car and a problem arises then fixing it may flow more smoothly UNLESS the problem is so big that a Porsche rep is required . Then a gray area can follow and in adown economy anything can fly .

The key is to develop a trusting relationship with any person associated with your car .

There are a lot of people out there whose full time job is to sell crap .
It is up to the consumer to learn what he can and surround himself with quality people whom he values their knwoledge and integrity in areas where he may not have the answers himself.

Then ... modding can be fun .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 550 HP upgrade from P dealer