997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Do all exhaust system get the same ECU tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 04:17 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Question Do all exhaust system get the same ECU tuning

I would like to do the evo EVT700 tuning step by step, it might cost me more but i will enjoy it more this way. So i have to start with the ECU (evoms it) and an exhaust system.

What i was thinking, is it a good idea to choose a different exhaust system? will it work ok with the ECU from evo?

The problem is nobody tunes Porsche cars in Cyprus so i'll have to buy the parts and just put them on the car at the Porsche garage. any advice will be appreciated

Old 02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou
I would like to do the evo EVT700 tuning step by step, it might cost me more but i will enjoy it more this way. So i have to start with the ECU (evoms it) and an exhaust system.

What i was thinking, is it a good idea to choose a different exhaust system? will it work ok with the ECU from evo?

The problem is nobody tunes Porsche cars in Cyprus so i'll have to buy the parts and just put them on the car at the Porsche garage. any advice will be appreciated
Any exhaust will work with the EVOMSit ECU. I have an AWE with the EVOMSit and it works fine. As far as doing the EVT700 step by step, you might have to re-flash your ECU again as you upgrade your turbos for the EVT700 package.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:57 AM
noah677 is infamous around these parts
You can mix and match as you want. When the ecu is flashed, you just tell the "flasher" what you have on your car.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:50 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
thx for the info

Old 02-13-2009, 01:27 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
some kind of cats would cause your check engine light to pop up so make sure to choose a good brand.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:32 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
some kind of cats would cause your check engine light to pop up so make sure to choose a good brand.
That's important. Spot on! Also seeing as he's in Cyprus before sending the ECU to myself or EVO we'd need to know the gas he intends to run etc..

Old 02-13-2009, 06:55 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
it depend on the cats !!

Old 02-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Fabspeed only utilizes HJS imported 200 cell tri-metallic cats that we import directly from Germany. This is the only sport cat on the market that will not trigger the check engine light. please feel freee to check out our website for more detailed information including explanation videos and dyno graphs for all our products. EVO and Sharkwerks both offer the Fabspeed product line. If anybody has any questions regarding the Fabspeed 997tt exhaust please feel free to contact either myself jeremy@fabspeed.com or Alex Ross @ Sharkwerks sharky@sharkwerks.com

Here are a couple pics of the 997tt V3 exhaust with HJS 200 cell cats

Attached Images   
Old 02-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Thank you Jeremy

Old 02-13-2009, 11:38 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jeremy@Fabspeed
Fabspeed only utilizes HJS imported 200 cell tri-metallic cats that we import directly from Germany. This is the only sport cat on the market that will not trigger the check engine light. please feel freee to check out our website for more detailed information including explanation videos and dyno graphs for all our products. EVO and Sharkwerks both offer the Fabspeed product line. If anybody has any questions regarding the Fabspeed 997tt exhaust please feel free to contact either myself jeremy@fabspeed.com or Alex Ross @ Sharkwerks sharky@sharkwerks.com

Here are a couple pics of the 997tt V3 exhaust with HJS 200 cell cats
My Europipe uses Emitec 100 cell cats made in Germany and has never thrown a CEL. They make a similar system for the 997TT.

Last edited by landjet; 02-13-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:24 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Well, I think some are just luckier than others. I have HJS cats and i'm throwing a CEL every couple of months.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:48 AM
I have ordered the Europipe stage 1 exhaust system, and sport air filter.

I'll be doing a dyno test next week, to see how my car performs bone stock, and to be able to compare how much power i gain with different mods.
After that i'll be sending my ECU to Alex (Shark Works) to do the EVOMSit plus IPD plenum and Club sport intercoolers.
How much should i be doing with those mods?

Old 02-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Banned
George@Revo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by milou
I have ordered the Europipe stage 1 exhaust system, and sport air filter.

I'll be doing a dyno test next week, to see how my car performs bone stock, and to be able to compare how much power i gain with different mods.
After that i'll be sending my ECU to Alex (Shark Works) to do the EVOMSit plus IPD plenum and Club sport intercoolers.
How much should i be doing with those mods?
It's very difficult to speculate as to the net increase of a single or multiple simultaneous upgrades. The 'pie' so to speak is only so big and therefore can only be cut in so many ways. Rather than basing your expectations on a hard number, drive the car with the newly acquired upgrades and then decide if your performance goals have been achieved. Based on your planned upgrade list, I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by George@Revo
It's very difficult to speculate as to the net increase of a single or multiple simultaneous upgrades. The 'pie' so to speak is only so big and therefore can only be cut in so many ways. Rather than basing your expectations on a hard number, drive the car with the newly acquired upgrades and then decide if your performance goals have been achieved. Based on your planned upgrade list, I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed.

Why are you saying that As far as i know from this forum, people with just an exhaust system and ECU are often more than happy, my goal again is to do the EVT700 but not at once. Exhaust,ECU,IPD plenum and Intercoolers should do some good increase in power (as a first step)
After that VTG'S