997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Upgrading from PSS10 to JIC Cross, write up, details and pics...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 04:27 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sparkhill
Aren't we all using the PASM-compatible Bilstein B16 Damptronic's? I thought the PSS10's were for the non-PASM cars.
We are using the PSS Damptronics B16

Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Doug,
You mean whether the Bilstein "works" at only 10mm lowered? That's actually the lowering of my car and all my descriptions are based on this.
Whether it would feel better to you than the current springs? I have no idea!
Good luck though. Maybe JC Cross is not a bad idea after all, as it's obvious it could even do stock height?

KA 997TT,
Thanks for the clear answer. I wanted to ask you to draw on the picture but didn't want to impose. Turns out you did it anyway.

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Can, the question is would the Bilstein at just 10mm be worth the expense?? I think I'll be ok at the track, the GT2 bar really helps a lot, that and R compounds. My car goes in next month for a major upgrade maybe I'll deal with it then.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:26 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
[quote=cannga;2261124]Doug,
You mean whether the Bilstein "works" at only 10mm lowered? That's actually the lowering of my car and all my descriptions are based on this.
Whether it would feel better to you than the current springs? I have no idea!
Good luck though. Maybe JC Cross is not a bad idea after all, as it's obvious it could even do stock height?[quote]
Can, thats good to know, I thought it was lower. Has your car settled at all? I just don't think I can handle much lower than 10-15mm max. You see my driveway is fairlly steep and there is a hump in the street that makes things even worse. Neither is going to change in the foreseeable future. So I have to do something. Tell me what your car measures at the mid fenderwell front and back. Mine is actually no lower than my old ROW 996, but the turbo front overhang is the killer.
I'm not interested in the JIC Cross, I want to keep the PASM.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:46 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
OT (Sorry KA)

Doug, I have the figures at home (at work currently). Will post later.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Here are my mid fender to ground measurements:
Before 67.3 cm front, 68.8 cm rear.
After 65.7 cm front, 68 cm rear (average of a few readings on different areas since I couldn't tell for sure which way the ground is tilting).

Last edited by cannga; 02-15-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:36 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Thanks. I will have to see just how much l can go before it hits, I have a bad feeling I may be headed for stock. We shall see.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
KA - slightly used PSS10 kit that was on his car for a day or so is available to be sold. So PM me or KA.