997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Upgrading from PSS10 to JIC Cross, write up, details and pics...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 09:46 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Upgrading from PSS10 to JIC Cross, write up, details and pics...

I posted on here before about wanting to upgrade the suspension on the 997TT, I went with PSS10 + GMG sway bars, car rode fine, just don't take corners too fast and it was bouncy and not to forget, a bit too much squatting on some cornering.
I decided to research going with stiffer spring rates and keep the PSS10's as they are compatible with the PASM system.
I order a set of H&R springs with about 686 rear and 570 front, as i was about to get them installed, i realized that the PSS10's valving is not something you can work with to accommodate stiffer spring without changing out the valves it will affect the dampening on them period so it would be a compromise...

Car on the lift, i called Vivid Racing, told them about the issue and they overnighted me a set of JIC Cross to check out...

Next morning i take the JIC's over to the shop and we get working...

Install was not easy and strait forward, it was different, nothing like the PSS10's they are fully adjustable ride height is a bit tricky but we got it all on until we ran into a small problem. One of the rear dampeners was somehow damaged while it was assembled. I got on the phone again with Vivid Racing, put me on a conference call with JIC Cross, another dampener is on the way via overnight at no cost...
New dampener comes it, we re-assembled the strut, adjust ride height...
We ran into another small problem... the sway bar links that came with the JIC's did not fit right, they were about 3/4 inch too long and the instructions were to turn the strut at an angle that will not allow the link to line up perpendicularly with the sway bar, it put a lot of pressure and overloaded the sway bars, so i ended up using the PSS10 links as they fit on perfect.
We drove the car around, let the suspension settle down a bit, back on the alignment rack, made sure the ride height is still in check, made a couple more adjustments and it was all perfect!

I went ahead and had the TT aligned to Gt2 specs per Vivid Racing's recommendation...

What a car!! it drives very different like a completely different car. the springs are quite a bit stiffer than PSS10's but there is no suspension noise, no hopping, no bouncing and the best part of all, smooth on rough roads you do not feel much at all.

I have the dampeners tuned to 10 clicks in the rear and 4 in the front, i weigh 250LBS so you need to adjust your car to your preference and the type of ride you are looking for.

Aligment is set at -1.5 front and -1.7 rear camber, sterring is very responsive and much better feel.

Over all, this suspension is the best i ever had, car has almost no body roll at all to the point i took a test drive on a local highway (183) taking a wide corner going through a ramp at 128MPH car felt like it's going 60.

JIC were great and provided the tech plenty of assistance and support, Vivid Racing got about 20 calls a day from me and assist me all the way and i have to say I will always buy from them and i am having them custom make me a set of JIC's for my 2008 C6 that currently is running a set of PFadt Racing coils on it.
I started with a decent set up, needed stiffer springs, I realized that I should have waited longer and researched some more before I installed anything but it was a learning experience and I am quite pleased with the results even though I ended up paying for an additional 4 hours on my bill due to the faulty Dampener.
Here are some pictures and a link if you want to get more info:
http://www.vividracing.com/forums/ga...p?c=341&userid=

Last edited by KA 997TT; 02-13-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:48 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
pics

Attached Images      
Old 02-12-2009, 09:50 PM
more

Attached Images     
Old 02-12-2009, 10:07 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Nice write up. This is akin to my experience with the complete GMG setup (albeit springs vs coilovers), their lowering springs are significantly stiffer than other springs, makes a huge difference, esp at the track.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:56 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I wish I could give an opinion but I can't --yet .
What i can provide is a side by side photo of my current Techart spring next to my Pss10 .
The Gt2 sway bar is also added. No photo though.

I can comment that in sport mode the Techart spring was not too bad .

So what made me opt for Pss10 ? I read so much postive on it I just had to find out.

I am glad you found what you are looking for because that is what this is all about.

I will write up my driving impressions too sometime after my car is done and I have adjusted to the many changes which I have added.

Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2009, 11:15 PM
PSS10's are ok, just not what i wanted. try them out, look at Cannga'sposts regarding them, he has some very good write up:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...red-turbo.html

Here is the set i had on my 08 C4S

Attached Images    

Last edited by KA 997TT; 02-13-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:44 PM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
I saw your car up on the lift at the dealership yesterday, nice ride!

Old 02-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by TXTurbo
I saw your car up on the lift at the dealership yesterday, nice ride!

Thanks, next time come and introduce yourself please. it is still at the dealership, almost picked it up today, decided to leave it there for another day, have it settle down some more and then recheck the alignment and ride height just to be sure.

Kino

Last edited by KA 997TT; 02-12-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:58 PM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
Originally Posted by KA 997TT
Thanks, next time come and introduce yourself please.

Kino
I'll be up there some time on Friday.

Hope to see you there.. Bob

Old 02-13-2009, 01:38 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
kudos for VVR and glad that you got what you want - enjoy

Old 02-13-2009, 02:27 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Congrats.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:22 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Looks good. Does anybody know what the height limitations are with PSS10, high and low?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:29 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Did they disable your PASM error for you? Nice setup and glad people are trying different things and giving feedback.

I don't feel the bouncy portion of your review of the PSS10 Damptronics.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Did they disable your PASM error for you? Nice setup and glad people are trying different things and giving feedback.

I don't feel the bouncy portion of your review of the PSS10 Damptronics.
Yes, took 15 minutes to get this out of the way.
I did not feel much of the hop and bounciness untill i went with 20's. depending on your driving and the roads, it can be very irritating.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
who is VVR Vivid Racing!

First, glad you are happy. Customers like yourself challenge me and help me learn. "Dont assume anything". Best thing someone has ever said to me as it helps in qualifying what a customer really needs. Having run the JIC Cross myself on my 996C2, 996TT, and now my 997TT, I am very comfortable with this suspension. Most people go with the PSS10 because of the PASM functionality. To be honest, that feature is cool, but I would say that I never used it. For a car that is going to be tracked or driven hard on the street, the benefits of the JIC far out weigh the PASM compatibility of the PSS10. Front camber plates and rear pillowball mounts in place of the stock rubber strut tops give the car much more responsive steering. 16 way adjustable dampening is easy to access and dial in with your tire and sway bar settings at the track. I used to track the **** out of my 996TT, I have not tracked my 997TT once and dont plan on it. But I drive it hard and that is worth it to me. For those worried about the PASM light, follow the instructions here for easy diable - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...-vr-997tt.html

In the end I am glad KA is happy and I look forward to the progression of your car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgrading from PSS10 to JIC Cross, write up, details and pics...