997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What a beautiful engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Great stuff

Excellent post and photos. Amazing air intake kit, wow!
Looking forward to your post after you've put some seat time in.
K.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:43 AM
noah677 is infamous around these parts
What a beauty--I can only wish

Old 02-14-2009, 11:51 AM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
bbk = big brake kit.

Either way, your set up looks amazing! Please post some pictures of the completed car once you are all done with these current mods.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:12 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
This week I ought to have my car back . More to come.Thanks guys.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Illinicane is infamous around these parts
Can you elaborate on why you are doing these mods, and what you are hoping to get out of it? I am new to all these mod things everyone does. Never knew there was so much stuff out there. Always thought the Porsche came fast enough as is.

Also, if you could post more pics of your car's exterior before and after, that would be fantastic!

Old 02-15-2009, 03:13 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Illinicane
Can you elaborate on why you are doing these mods, and what you are hoping to get out of it? I am new to all these mod things everyone does. Never knew there was so much stuff out there. Always thought the Porsche came fast enough as is.

Also, if you could post more pics of your car's exterior before and after, that would be fantastic!

I am still in the stage where creating this car is like forming an art piece . A Honda Civic is actually "fast enough" and cheaper too but most buy a Porsche because they want more and modding it provides the fine tuned twaeks which enhance its driving enjoyment . The mid to upper RPM ranges with the EVT Turbos are not only superior than stock but almost as seamless as a normally aspirated car .

Keep in mind I said "almost" . It wil always be a Turbo. It is capable of enormous acceleration beyond a traditional stock car with lag as well as a tapering off at the end of each gear. Not that a stock Turbo is flow but the EVT700 pulls hard all the way through the gear with a face smearing throw back in ones seat type of jolt. Yet it can be driven quite civilized too offering what i feel is the best daily driving track star blend in a car at this level.

Ultimately after i get done staring at it - and taking brief weekend drives (its not a daily car) I hope to take it to the track and see the results of the many months of hard work placed into its arrival.

Here's a before (1st pic-stock. ) and after to the most recent status BEFORE it went to get the remaining upgrades two weeks ago.

Attached Images    

Last edited by yrralis1; 02-15-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:47 AM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Thanks guys -- Verde -what is bbk ? I'm not familiar with the acronym.
It's the intake --that is carbon . Here's a pic of what it looks like ,
BBK= big brake kit. Make sure you get the special funnel to add oil, being your running the Werks CF intake. Look forward to your feed back when you get the car back.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by M3 S3-R
BBK= big brake kit. Make sure you get the special funnel to add oil, being your running the Werks CF intake. Look forward to your feed back when you get the car back.
I ran into the "add oil" dilema one time. I only have 7K miles on the car and ichange the oil more frequently than some. It was actually quite funny because I kept looking saying to myself --"where?" .

Finally I gave up took the car to the shop . They had the Werks off in about 30 seconds , filled it , put it back on and told me "we're here to help you anytime" .

Old 02-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Illinicane is infamous around these parts
I am still in the stage where creating this car is like forming an art piece . A Honda Civic is actually "fast enough" and cheaper too but most buy a Porsche because they want more and modding it provides the fine tuned twaeks which enhance its driving enjoyment . The mid to upper RPM ranges with the EVT Turbos are not only superior than stock but almost as seamless as a normally aspirated car .

Keep in mind I said "almost" . It wil always be a Turbo. It is capable of enormous acceleration beyond a traditional stock car with lag as well as a tapering off at the end of each gear. Not that a stock Turbo is flow but the EVT700 pulls hard all the way through the gear with a face smearing throw back in ones seat type of jolt. Yet it can be driven quite civilized too offering what i feel is the best daily driving track star blend in a car at this level.

Ultimately after i get done staring at it - and taking brief weekend drives (its not a daily car) I hope to take it to the track and see the results of the many months of hard work placed into its arrival.

Here's a before (1st pic-stock. ) and after to the most recent status BEFORE it went to get the remaining upgrades two weeks ago.
I really like what you have done to the car. I guess you can keep adding things to a porsche, given all there is available. Really like the side skirts and the wheels. Thanks for sharing with us!

Old 02-16-2009, 11:17 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
The Big Brake Kit looks awesome. Can't wait to here your impressions once you get your car back.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by Vaders
Hey! It's Nicholas. Looks like your car is coming along nicely. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Hey!!!!!!! Good to see you here . I want to show you the car . PM sent .

Old 02-17-2009, 02:48 AM
Thanks guys . It's almost done . Just a few last things like spacers and finishing the pedals , aliggnment, test drive, detail etc (if i forgot anything) .

This is todays pics updated --any day soon I get it back .

Notice --I had the console painted silver to match the pedals which installation will be finished today .

Attached Images   
Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 AM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Thanks guys . It's almost done . Just a few last things like spacers and finishing the pedals , aliggnment, test drive, detail etc (if i forgot anything) .

This is todays pics updated --any day soon I get it back .

Notice --I had the console painted silver to match the pedals which installation will be finished today .
Looks great...I love how you chose to paint the center console to match your pedals rather than the exterior of your car (which is what most people do).

Great choice in wheels as well, are those the the new C90's or the C20's.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:45 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Wow it's looking really good! Can't wait to see what you think In terms of the EVT700 are you using 91 or 93 octane out there?

Old 02-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Wow it's looking really good! Can't wait to see what you think In terms of the EVT700 are you using 91 or 93 octane out there?
93 octane .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What a beautiful engine