997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Install Pics - Brembo 2pc Rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
You can see pics of Raiyu's wing here - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/ga...p?c=395&userid=

Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 AM
khaosai is infamous around these parts
Hi,

looking forward to your input after some miles on the car. They look the part for sure, and i would assume will do a great job on the track.

Total respect for using the car as a daily driver as i do, but here the winter conditions are far less harsh !.

I have a slight problem with some of the pics you have posted. I am having trouble seeing beyond the RS171, beautiful !.

Rgds.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
On another post about different rotors, someone says something about testing. That is one thing you get when you buy Brembo. Engineered and tested by their racing and OEM division. With true McLaren hardware, you will NEVER warp a rotor, have to replace a hat or worry about noise.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Illinicane is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by raiyu
I'm assuming it would have to do with the steel that was used, I'm certainly not the guy to ask. But I figure I would just run them and do some real world testing on and off the track and see if they last till next year (probably put on another 25,000 miles and 4,000 track miles this year).

In any case after the initial purchase replacement rotors are cheaper because you already have the hats. I'm hoping that these do provide a good extended life so that over the course of ownership you end up saving or breaking even, and in between you get to use the best rotors on the market.
raiyu, make sure to keep this link alive and let us know how it goes. also, any chance a warranty could be canceled because of the change (I doubt it, but thought I would ask).

Old 02-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor
Brakes are a wearable item and I dont think covered for warranty unless it was a failure. But you cant warranty pads or rotors.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:32 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Illinicane
raiyu, make sure to keep this link alive and let us know how it goes. also, any chance a warranty could be canceled because of the change (I doubt it, but thought I would ask).
As Dan mentioned they are a wearable item and it wont void the warranty. Because I drive my car so much I avoid any item that will create any warranty issues, thats why I haven't done the ECU or anything major to the engine/drivetrain (that and I dont need any more horsepower on the track).

Old 03-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
hey nice rotors

why in one picture is ur front driver seat a Cobra seat and in another you have the 996 GT3 seats? what gives?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:32 AM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
Congrats, they look great and I'll be interested in hearing how they do at the end of the back straight at VIR. Mine's got almost 15k and I did about 7 HPDEs last year...pads still have 50% of their meat and rotors look good. Your set-up definately looks like the way to go when the OEM rotors are dead. Look forward in hearing more. Great write-up by the way.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor
His seats are different as he was test fitting the Cobra. He end up going with the GT3 seats instead.

Brownan - let me know if I can help you out.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
pics of GT3 seats?! please

Old 03-09-2009, 02:49 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I'll get some interior pics up after I get the car back.

First track outing with the new rotors is this weekend at VIR, the weather looks bad, but unless its thunderstorms I think we'll end up going.

I got my fingers crossed that it will clear up.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:46 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I'll be interested in hearing how long these actually last, forever is a long time. If they can last 20 track days, sign me up. But how fast you're going does have some say, so comparative analysis of wear vs the stockers would be great.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Former Vendor
Would you like to be our tester? How about you buy a set of rotors, I give you the guarantee of 1 year. If in that 1 year there is a problem, we send them back to Brembo to analyze and Vivid Racing replaces them for free.

Lets see how Heavy Chevy really is on that pedal!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:03 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
HAHAHAHA, you couldn't have picked a worse person to try that with. I'll bite though. And this will give me an excuse to ell my wife I have to go to the track more often!!!.

PM on the way.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Former Vendor
just email me please dan@vividracing.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Install Pics - Brembo 2pc Rotors