997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Install Pics - Brembo 2pc Rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:09 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
did both.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:10 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Saturday I finally made it out to the track when it wasn't raining. By mid day the temperature was in the 50's and the sun was shining, it was my first time at NJMP Thunderbolt but I had a great time.

I was using the same pads from last year, Pagid blacks, which were giving me problems at VIR. At the time I thought it was the pads as my car had a tendency to just slide if I got on the brakes too hard, as if ABS didnt exist (ended up going off at turn 1 that way).

With the new rotors the car was once again stopping like it should. The real test will of course be to see how long the rotors last but right now I couldn't be happier. I'm probably going to switch to a less aggressive pad and play around till I find a good mix. I'll post up more follow ups, including when I finally replace the rotors (hoping to do 30 track days this year if all goes well).

Old 03-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thanks for the update, glad you are still happy. Try the Pagid oranges...

Old 03-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by raiyu
(hoping to do 30 track days this year if all goes well).
What tyres are you using for track? Street or R-compound. How long it last the street tires for you?
Sorry the off topic.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:33 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tiago
What tyres are you using for track? Street or R-compound. How long it last the street tires for you?
Sorry the off topic.
I've run Toyo R888s and Michelin Cups last year, I think I went through about 3 sets of tires maybe with 18 track days and probably 20,000 miles total.

The inside of the rears went first, if you lower your car and track make sure to get rear adjustable toe links so that you save your tires, otherwise you got negative camber, toe in, and all the power/weight and it just kills them.

This year I decided that I'm using street tires because I need to develop my skill on the track before switching to more aggressive tires and I want something thats going to give progressively until I develop my feel for when I lose traction. So I'm running Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s on street and track.

Had them on for NJMP and I liked them alot, they definitely had less grip than the Cups, but they were very predictable, good feedback. I got three more track days with PCA Metro coming up April 17-19 so I'll see how they hold up.

At the very least I know that I wont be hydroplaning like a maniac when Im driving to/from the track through a rainstorm

Old 03-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Thanks. My car has H&R springs and is aligned with the stock values. I'm also running with PS2 and share the same thought - street tyres to feel more the car on the track before going to r-compound. Made a track session with them and i didn't noticed any massive wear (outside temp ~10ºC). I'm a little worried about the next trackdays because the temps should be between 25-30ºC. What tyre pressures do you use on track?

Old 03-27-2009, 11:40 AM
I run about 31-32 F when hot and 32-33 rear hot.

I bleed after each session, after the second one I'm pretty much all set.

Cold its somewhere around 25-28 and depends on ambient air, etc.

Im doing a lot of PCA events so maybe we'll see each other, Im going with Metro NY, NNJR, and RTR.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:53 AM
jamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to behold
i'll be at LRP with nnjr apr 15, and njmsp for apr 17/18

Old 03-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
jamuz - lets get your car a set of the Brembo rotors too!

Old 03-27-2009, 11:58 AM
jamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to behold
yea i def thot about it, but only have 2 events planned for this year. have twins coming in may! my tt has pccb that are holding up well, so should be fine. besides for now i'm in yellow run group so can't really carry too much speed on the tracks to wear thru the brakes, too much traffic. thanks for the suggestion tho!

Old 03-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by jamuz
i'll be at LRP with nnjr apr 15, and njmsp for apr 17/18
Sweet I'll see you there, I'll look for the dymags, you look for the white turbo with a gt3rs wing

Old 03-27-2009, 12:15 PM
So far Im signed up for:
Metro PCA
========
April 17: DE Advanced Day @ Thunderbolt, NJ
April 18-19: DE @ Thunderbolt, NJ
Fri, Sat, Sun

August 21: DE Advanced Day @ Watkins Glen, NY
August 22-23: DE @ Watkins Glen, NY
Fri, Sat, Sun
======================================

NNJR PCA
========
NJMP Thunderbolt, May 18, 19 (Solo Drivers)
Mon, Tues

Watkins Glen, September 21, 22 (Solo Drivers)
Mon, Tues

Watkins Glen, August 14-16
Fri, Sat, Sun

VIR, November 6-8
Fri, Sat, Sun
======================================

Gonna sign up with RTR PCA for their Watkins Glen and Thunderbolt days as soon as they open registration to members of other zones.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
I just purchased the RSS girodiscs. Doesnt have the name/heritage of the brembos nor the quality of steel I believe but I bet they will do the job. Show pics once I have them installed.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Neeeenja
I just purchased the RSS girodiscs. Doesnt have the name/heritage of the brembos nor the quality of steel I believe but I bet they will do the job. Show pics once I have them installed.
We put the Girodisc 2pc on my dad's Cayman S and I saw a 996 GT3 with the Girodisc rotors, also a very strong, good choice, I'm sure they'll be up to the task.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Former Vendor
perfect time to compare longevity of the cayman and turbo rotors.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Install Pics - Brembo 2pc Rotors