997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Vq motoring GTR walked on a modded 997TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 02:41 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
i'm going to assume by your lack of an acknowledgement about the other event with the porsche 911t along with a few other cars (lotus, nsx, etc...), that you still agree that best motoring also has an agenda... even though you're only going to bring up the instances that suit your agenda.

that's like me digging up one magazine's review about the z06 that states the z06 does the 1/4 in 11.7 and leave it alone. because my car does low 11's.

it's funny to watch you pretend like you know all about the spec-v because of a single day from a single biased (you stated yourself) company.

is it too much of a stretch to think that bm's agenda (although biased) doesn't closely align with your's?

So you are saying BM is completely unbiased? If you're going to say it then say it!!! Stop beating around the bush. Their credibility isn't exactly A1 in the enthusiast world, so you would only be putting yourself on a limb by STICKING WITH A SIDE instead of trying to indirectly disagree with me.

Pick a side, do you think BM is unbiased towards Japanese cars???? Let everyone see all this automotive knowledge you have.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:51 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
they are biased like every other car magazine is.

which is why i'm wondering why you, of all people, are giving this particular review any credibility at all.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:54 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
rickie didn't put up the video here first. he's been impartial to the gt-r for quite sometime (according to his other posts on other forums), and has provided the gt-r owners with a lot of non-biased information.
BS. Look at my link, and tell me he didn't post the same video (which he hs conveniently removed) back in September:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ngs-997tt.html

It doesn't matter if he's unbiased or not...the video was a simplistic advertisement to buy his wares. By all rights, he should have been banned for advertising without being a sponsor.

Last edited by bbywu; 02-28-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:00 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
if the baseline is 450hp on a dynojet, this is completely possible.

my baseline on a mustang was 400/401, and now i'm running a conservative tune @ 450/490. with just a tune. at the exhaust with a more aggressive tune, why not? i'm sure because of your extensive knowledge about hp numbers/claims, you already know what the average baseline on a dynojet is... so i won't bother correcting you.

nobody wants to see either the parade lap or you holding up the gt-r (unless you think the car behind the gt-r is slower than him as well). the only reason i've seen that many cars close together is that the front car is going so damn slow, and not allowing anybody to pass. don't worry, you don't have to show us the blue flag that came out on the next corner.

wow, so much knowledge in this post, it's scary.

first - what's wrong with the transmission? .1 sec shifts too slow? the ability to handle over 600whp too little?

second - nissan advertised 3.5 0-60. the car does 3.3 (launching in vdc 'r' mode). no warranty voiding there. you're pretty smart. i'll let you figure out everything else.

third - cheap hp? you've got be kidding. there are much cheaper cars with much greater hp potential than a gt-r (i.e. '03 cobra, etc...).

another great post. i'll help you out, because this was only covered 15 other times....

the price was $175k with the equivalent of a base model in the same country selling for over $100k.

because of the embedded taxes that we don't pay here, the msrp is a lot higher.

our base model is around $76k, giving us an equivalent of about $130k.

but don't let me disturb your ignorance.

well, what happened last time when nissan let the press in? you get what you deserve.

so because they all don't act like childish porsche owners by giving in to a street race, they don't have fast cars?

or should they have raced, because you think peer pressure is still cool?

one says, they don't street race, the other says they do. the anti-gt-r crowd doesn't even know what to consider criteria.

rickie didn't put up the video here first. he's been impartial to the gt-r for quite sometime (according to his other posts on other forums), and has provided the gt-r owners with a lot of non-biased information.

good discussion guys... i didn't mean to throw things off - continue the lynching.
No need to get all worked up dude. I'm not here for any pissing contests. I have always stated that I like the GTRs, but when I see a BS video, I gotta call the bull****.

You can call me childish, but what does that make this video then? Most GTR owners won't run because they know they can't win against modded tt's. I'd be real careful about throwing rocks when you live in a glass house my friend. You have plenty of your brothers on the various forums talking a lot of trash, but won't back it up when they encounter a 997tt.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:14 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
i don't street race, nor do i respect anyone's decision to do so.

i will line up with anyone at the 1/4 track on street tires. win or lose, i love to watch fast cars. i lined up with a shelby gt500, viper, z06, and a badass v12tt sl65 amg on drag radials (wife beat him with an 11.4 her first time ever down the 1/4, compared to his 11.5). he later beat me with my 11.5. (before my tune and newly installed launch control).

i would love to go out for a session during a lapping event (but then i wouldn't care if i won or lost, because i'd be on track).

i'd at least give you a fair race. win or lose, you'd know where you stood with me. and that doesn't mean scream out the window,"let's race!" and then complain when i don't race on the streets.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:28 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
they are biased like every other car magazine is.

which is why i'm wondering why you, of all people, are giving this particular review any credibility at all.
We aren't giving any credibility. That's the whole premise of the majority of comments in this thread.

But for a tuner to post is only damaging to their reputation because anyone who done a few street races or even watched some legit videos online would be leary looking at that vid.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Anyone here that the might v-spec is lapping slower than the base GT-R? All for a whopping 175k.

So much for taking down the GT2. That wont get it done.

So how about that 200 pages.
Originally Posted by chrisn
V-Spec is a joke. I mean, I don't think the GT2 is exactly a "value play" in terms of bang for buck, but the V-Spec thing is just embarrassing.
Originally Posted by jhuang25
That's because that lap time was put up by a ringer, not a true base GTR, everyone knows it, and now what are they going to do when their V-Spec can't even match the base GTR's time?? I guess if you ain't cheatin, you aren't trying...
Originally Posted by SRatha
The 7TT was modified by giving it a very slow driver! Anyway Spec V is a joke, The heavier the Nissan the faster! LOL
Originally Posted by E36-RAT
The Spec V is slower?,man that is bizarre!
Does that make it better that a HUGE increase in MSRP = a decrease in performance? Not to mention maintenance, replacements for carbon brakes, specialized equipment that dealers will not be willing to foot the bill for this time.
SO WHAT!!!!!!!

FACT: The Vspec went slower on the same track with the same driver in similar conditions than both the 08' and 09' base GT-R's.

The 997 BM tested was admittedly on tires that had been run to death by the media and are not as sticky as either sets of tires on the GT-R's even when they are new. Not to mention at least one of the base GT-R's was MODDED with CF racing seats that saved way around 130 lbs in weight.

Everyone know BM is Japan biased, that would mean they'd have no reason to dilute the performance of the V-spec because that is a member of the "home team" and a GT-R at that, the icon in Japan.

Your pathetic attempts at justification are going to fail unless you can show a vid of a GT-R lapping like beginners at a DE while getting left by NSX-R;s like best motoring does to the 997 GT3 and Ferrari's and Lambos and Corvettes.
We aren't giving any credibility. That's the whole premise of the majority of comments in this thread.
so nobody here is giving any credibility? if only i could find quotes that were made about the review... laughable... any comment about price for performance is solely based on the review of this single event by this single magazine (because it's the only one that exists!!!). i'd say you are all giving some amount of credibility.

every single statement you made about the price/performance, and even the very link to the review itself is an example of you giving credit to the source, best motoring.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Jasper

Oh, I thought you were talking about the original video.

So now this test doesn't deserve any credit? That's rich. Same people, obviously no reason to have bias against the V-spec when they ran modded GT-R's vs factory Porsches in all the other tests.

It's best motoring so trying to pull the credibility card with the VSpec is a joke. Best Motoring has most of the lap records at Tsukuba at least the production cars. That's pretty credible from the Japanese cars standpoint. But I wouldnt expect them to allow a GT2 or LP or Scud to take that crown.

You can hope that people will ignore it because you want to, but it wont happen. Not to mention Nissan being mum and saying they don't care about ring times all of a sudden when their primary goal was to "get and keep the production car record" at the ring.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 PM
so you missed the name'best motoring' or 'bm' in posts 24, 60, 65, 66, 67, and 68?

i'm not the one who referenced it (zosomoso did), nor was i the one who brought it up (i think you did in post #19), nor am i the one who discredited anything from their previous reviews/comparisons with a 911 and gt-r (i think you did as well). i'm trying to figure out still what the spec-v had to do with the original video... or why you brought it up in the first place in this thread. there is already one created for it. please learn to use the search function.

i hope that people don't ignore anything. everything is useful for something to somebody somewhere. but i'm not as smart as you, that's for sure... because i don't know what the reasoning behind someone else's car magazine is, or what their bias is trying to prove/disprove... but by all means, since you must be an accomplished mind-reader, share with us all what the guys from best motoring were 'thinking'. you'd make a great lawyer, because you'd be able to tell the jury what the plantiff was 'thinking' and what his/her reasons would be for any action.

i'm just enjoying watching you talk out of both sides of your mouth. i think you're only here for entertainment purposes... "best motoring is biased, but not this time."

i like how you get all of your information about the spec-v from best motoring. that makes you the most credible source of all.

i eagerly await more of your valuable insight...

Last edited by jaspergtr; 02-28-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Desperation - going back through all the posts and listing which ones have bm mentioned in them.

Maybe you missed the point AGAIN that BM is always biased towards Japanese cars, never vice versa, occasionally a non japanese car will win a race with an NSX right on it's heels.

With that being said let's say that since the GT-R is JAPANESE, bm had no reason for bias, so they tested it just like they did the MY08 and MY09 except it was slower, there is no room for bias there, why would they be when the subject car fits in their prefered line of vehicles.

You are making up some imaginary concept where all of a sudden it's fair game for bm to be biased agains a GT-R of all things.

Get real. This is bordering on madness. You wont say anything definitive but are using a bunch of lame scenarios that don't make any sense. You can't even make any sense of what you're saying so you're trying to confuse what everyone else is saying. bm has guys that can drive no doubt.

6-7 guys in different cars of different makes is one thing. Tsuchiya going for his fastest lap a COMPLETELY different scenario, especially when there are no other cars present. Who is he sandbagging against??? AIR????

Old 02-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Not to mention tsuchiya is always one of the fastest guys out there. How many times have you seen him in any car sitting at the back of the grid????

Old 02-28-2009, 06:35 PM
clarification for the reading impaired - going back through all the posts and listing which ones have bm mentioned in them.
fixed.

i'm going to selectively disregard the rest of your meaningless off-topic post, because like i said, and you disregarded, there is another thread for this. try and keep up.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:48 PM
jc767 is infamous around these parts
nice!

Old 02-28-2009, 06:49 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
why cant we all just get along??

Old 02-28-2009, 08:13 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
[QUOTE=gmoney;2281190]why cant we all just get along??

Because it is a GT-R thread.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vq motoring GTR walked on a modded 997TT