997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Clutch Pedal / Accumalator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:11 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Clutch Pedal / Accumalator

Clutch pedal felt funny when cold a few weeks back, then noticed some fluid on the garage floor

Dealer bled the system , went back again and still had the same problem week after..

Today new accumalator being installed 19k miles

Gee-Bee

Old 02-26-2009, 06:49 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GEE-BEE
Clutch pedal felt funny when cold a few weeks back, then noticed some fluid on the garage floor

Dealer bled the system , went back again and still had the same problem week after..

Today new accumalator being installed 19k miles

Gee-Bee
Was the fluid leak at the front or the back of the vehicle? The accumulator will not cause a fluid leak to my knowledge, it is there to assist in pressure, and allow a soft pedal if you are to lose engine power. Sounds more like a slave cylinder failing, in which case the accumulator would not fix this.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:55 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
A number of people have had their slave cylinder failing, me included. When the slave cylinder fails, fluid backs up into the reservoir located in the left side, front of car, right under the hood. This fluid will then flow down to the ground around the left front wheel area.

Happens often enough and in such new cars it seems like a design flaw to me.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Got hit with the slave cylinder as well, twice (though the first time Im pretty sure the dealership was too inept to fix it correctly).

More likely than not this is your issue as well. Started the same way, funny feeling clutch when cold.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Qs997Turbo is infamous around these parts
My slave cylinder was the issue to slight pop feel I would get from the clutch pedal along with barely audible clicking noise which was also more noticeable when cold; long story short they replaced it and bled the system and it drives fine now; no poping feeling from the clutch pedal.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:59 AM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Cool

It was the slave, Oil tank also replaced

Here is the pic's

Parts girl was nice , she had euro bumpers thou...

Attached Images   

Last edited by GEE-BEE; 02-27-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:33 AM
z2die4 is infamous around these parts
Same thing happened to me, and Porsche did tell the dealer to install a revised part. But my clutch doesnt engage in the same place anymore. Anyone else have that issue? Any way to resolve?

Old 02-28-2009, 10:24 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
my accumulator just went on my 05 turbo S. 18k miles. Seems like these things can go.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:32 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I wonder if these parts are hold overs from the 996 series because this is a problem for us as well.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:53 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
LOL did she anything when you took her picture?

Old 03-01-2009, 02:39 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Dont discourage him!
Originally Posted by SRatha
LOL did she anything when you took her picture?

Old 03-01-2009, 07:45 PM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
same prob for me a CPO 08 997TT 9k miles. Oil backing up into reservoir and leaking near battery and a/c accumulator... How long to replace what is needed? Should I call ahead and have them order parts?

Old 03-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Red face Time ?

It was about four hours, did a oil change and filter for 66.00...

Gee-Bee

P.S. Ashley didnt like her photo taken, she is a real doll 4'9 and sassy....

Old 03-02-2009, 12:58 PM
z2die4 is infamous around these parts
Let them know there is a revised part. Make sure they get that and not the old design.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
kcturbo is infamous around these parts
Replaced the slave cylinder on my 08 TT cab at 3000 miles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal / Accumalator