997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Car care product recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sparkhill
Moe@Glistening Perfection is always helpful.

http://www.glisteningperfection.com/
Thanks for the referral Scott. Appreciate the support

Old 03-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sparkhill
Moe@Glistening Perfection is always helpful.

http://www.glisteningperfection.com/
Agree fully. Moe has been very helpful to me also.

Cation with microfiber towels. They are not all created equal. As far as wax, it depends on what you are after in regards to finish vs time. I have personally found using Zymol past applied by hand to be a zen type experience making me one with my car.

As for leather, use a good cleaner and treatment keeps it like new. Wet rage will not work long term.

I now have a complete arsenal to address virtually any issue in detailing and enjoy every minute.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:04 PM
parkmonster is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
This is a very open ended question and hence all the great input. You have to take into consideration your time, the results you want to achieve, and the budget.

In the beginning, don't overwhelm yourself with what product is the best. There really isn't "the best" of anything out there. It all comes down to personal preference. Some that like a glossy finish may want a synthetic product to wax with and consider that the best. Other want more depth and richness and use a natural carnauba to wax with and consider that the best.

Take your time, educazte yourself and find out the "look" you're going for for the interior and exterior. Take a look at some detail posted in the detailing section. Here's an example of a new car prep:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ar-detail.html

This process is a great way to get an idea of the scope of a proper detail.

Once you find out what you like, post your questions on specific products. Remember to keep things simple and focus more on the technique. Most of the recommendations on products here are good ones and we've talked about everything.

When you know what you want, give us the list and we'll help steer you away from the bad stuff
Thanks for the thoughtful response.