997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tint or no tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 01:49 PM
txjeff is infamous around these parts
Tint or no tint

I have a black cab and am considering having it tinted.....Have any of you had this done....Any regrets?

I would love to see some pics of different tint.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:24 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
I did a 61% ceramic tint primarily for UV/heat rejection. It is not very noticeable and rejects 85% of the UV/heat.

Last edited by sparkhill; 03-08-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: added the 85%
Old 03-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
I have a clear tint takes out around %70 heat. Forget what its called but I prefer the more clean look of no tint.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:28 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sparkhill
I did a 61% ceramic tint primarily for UV/heat rejection. It is not very noticeable and rejects 85% of the UV/heat.

One of my favs, your car looks sick......sorry for going off topic

Old 03-08-2009, 07:26 PM
The 61% looks GREAT. I am in Texas, so I really need it.

I think the people in the south are much more used to tinting and can appreciate it more.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:31 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
tint is a must, for keeping the heat down and preventing sun damage. go as light as you want to, all cut down on the UV rays.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:29 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I prefer untinted . The visibility is cut and even though that 61 percent pic is the best I've seen I feel tint makes a car look used . Just opinion .

Plus I like being seen in my car . I didn't wait all these years for this great car to hide in it.

As for sun damage . I park in a garage . If its that hot I take another car . I don't like driving the Porsche at night but with tint it would be worse.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:33 PM
2quik is infamous around these parts
tint - is the first thing i do to any of my cars. I only wish hawaii would lower the tinting limit (currently 35%)...I like my tint dark (20% at least)!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
Tint it! If you want some direction: go see Mike at Sun Masters in Addison! They are cheap and lifetime warranty...they will do whatever you want.....Or Earmark in Addison uses 3M tint, which is nice but its pricey and they won't tint it so dark! Personally, I let Mike do all my cars and I put limo in the back and 20% in the front. Or in your case, maybe go 20% rear and 35% front.....It will look dark either way because your car is black! Check the law, I think it changed to 20% up front in Texas....

-Adam

Old 03-08-2009, 09:05 PM
I was thinking of going to the dealer.....Do you think the guy in Addison is better?

Old 03-08-2009, 09:06 PM
When the top is down, and the windows are up on the cab....Do you notice the film line(at the top of the window) very much?

Old 03-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by txjeff
I was thinking of going to the dealer.....Do you think the guy in Addison is better?
I would go to the Mike in Addison, just call me in the morning and I'll tell you my thoughts. Ill pm you my cell number.

When the top is down, and the windows are up on the cab....Do you notice the film line(at the top of the window) very much?
It won't look bad at all.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Here's a sample of what is on sparkhill's 997tt. 61% with our IR film that blocks off 93% of infrared rays. Traditional window tint only knocks off 25% by comparison at the same shade level. With the pictures below, we use a BTU meter to measure heat passage through the film

Attached Images     

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 03-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
This would depend on whether or not there is a gap. Some installers shave the edges so that there is no gap whereas others would leave a bit more. All comes down to installer expertise. Good luck

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 03-08-2009, 11:56 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I prefer untinted . The visibility is cut and even though that 61 percent pic is the best I've seen I feel tint makes a car look used . Just opinion .

Plus I like being seen in my car . I didn't wait all these years for this great car to hide in it.

As for sun damage . I park in a garage . If its that hot I take another car . I don't like driving the Porsche at night but with tint it would be worse.
+1, no tint. I like the clean cut look. This is the car you want to be seen in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tint or no tint