997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

US vs German vs UK 997TT tuners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 01:46 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
well what I took away from this article was that the EVOMS car actually performed the best. As said previously, the Cargraphic car's #'s are askew because the car has been lightened. If you lighten the other cars, their numbers would most likely be better than Cargraphics. So if you were to put two of the systems on your car, the results may be different. For my money, of those companies listed, I'd have gone EVOMS, but you can't go wrong with any of them. I'd love to see Protomotive, Ruf and Gemballa tuned cars in the bunch...TPC huh? Nah, I'm still mad at you guys for not being willing to sell me with the necessary parts to complete my Supercharger kit on my 964 engined '72 RS Replica (will only sell the kit as a whole), change your mind and maybe I will also.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:41 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
I've read many of your posts referring to "a friend with a car."

Respectfully, do you have any pbox data that you can post?
Jean have the pbox date...He will post them soon ( he is in overseas )

Old 03-22-2009, 09:04 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I've heard a lot of people with Protomotive kits who achieved great numbers,<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cuser%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->although they don't write about them on the forum since Protomotive is not a sponsor and whatever they whrite is deleted

Old 03-22-2009, 10:06 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou
I've heard a lot of people with Protomotive kits who achieved great numbers,<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cuser%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->although they don't write about them on the forum since Protomotive is not a sponsor and whatever they whrite is deleted
There are hundreds upon hundreds of Protomotive threads of threads...I doubt threads are being deleted because the subject surrounds a non-sponsor tuner. In fact, many of the 996TT members that post most frequently own Protomotive builds...including the moderators.

The reason I asked shotcaller to post a pbox, is I'm having difficulty with his price breakdown. On the very conservative side,

Intercoolers - $3K
Exhaust - $2-5K
Modified VTGs at least $2-3K
ECU tune - at least $2-3K

Not to mention a 0-300 kph car is probably producing in excess of 700hp...a stock pressure plate and clutch aren't going to handle that - add another $2-3K. I'm just having trouble putting a $11K price tag on his friend's build.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:12 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by milou
I've heard a lot of people with Protomotive kits who achieved great numbers,<LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cuser%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE>although they don't write about them on the forum since Protomotive is not a sponsor and whatever they whrite is deleted
What are you talking about? I've never seen a Protomotive thread deleted. Maybe some other sites do that, but not 6speed. Non-sponsor threads are only deleted here if it's evident that a non-sponsor is posting trying to sell their product. But when forum members are discussing and sharing information about sponsoring tuners vs. non-sponsoring tuners, all is fair game. Just do a search on Protomotive, there's a ton of threads discussing their tuned cars, almost all of which are VERY positive.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:16 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I think you need to read again my post, "I HAVE HEARD" people who own Protomotive kits saying that.
I asked one of them, found on the forum why don't you upload some pics/videos of your car, and he answered that he did but they deleted it.
Maby he was bull sh**** me, i don't know

Old 03-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
There are hundreds upon hundreds of Protomotive threads of threads...I doubt threads are being deleted because the subject surrounds a non-sponsor tuner. In fact, many of the 996TT members that post most frequently own Protomotive builds...including the moderators.

The reason I asked shotcaller to post a pbox, is I'm having difficulty with his price breakdown. On the very conservative side,

Intercoolers - $3K
Exhaust - $2-5K
Modified VTGs at least $2-3K
ECU tune - at least $2-3K

Not to mention a 0-300 kph car is probably producing in excess of 700hp...a stock pressure plate and clutch aren't going to handle that - add another $2-3K. I'm just having trouble putting a $11K price tag on his friend's build.

Actually his car is tip

اHere we go :-

AWE coolers w/silicon hoses $3000
Prototech catless X chamber exhaust $3500 or SPI catless exhaust
Modified/clipped VTG's $1400
ECU reflash $2975

Add also Diverter valves and airfilter

What im sure about it that catless exhaust work much much better than 100 cells exhausts ( Tried Milltek before Prototech ).

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zWS1orB6Z8

Old 03-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
What are you talking about? I've never seen a Protomotive thread deleted. Maybe some other sites do that, but not 6speed. Non-sponsor threads are only deleted here if it's evident that a non-sponsor is posting trying to sell their product. But when forum members are discussing and sharing information about sponsoring tuners vs. non-sponsoring tuners, all is fair game. Just do a search on Protomotive, there's a ton of threads discussing their tuned cars, almost all of which are VERY positive.
Agree!! just do a search

Old 03-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Banned
BTW...Littel bird told me that Todd K intend to dyno a 997tt w/ 3.8l engine plus GT37R's very soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2009, 04:51 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Actually his car is tip

AWE coolers w/silicon hoses $3000
Prototech catless X chamber exhaust $3500 or SPI catless exhaust
ECU reflash $2975

Add also Diverter valves and airfilter

What im sure about it that catless exhaust work much much better than 100 cells exhausts ( Tried Milltek before Prototech ).

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zWS1orB6Z8
Very quick!

Old 03-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Banned
Very quick!
Look at this 6speed black Proto 997tt ( has old modified VTG's and stock coolers )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7csn7STWsEk

Old 03-22-2009, 06:09 PM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Actually his car is tip

Thats damn cheap....My turbos done by proto as well but todd charged me $2100 include a exhaust side upgrade as well..

Old 03-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
Has anyone on here tried to lighten this car? Im curious what exactly you need to take out to make this car on a diet...

Old 03-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Neeeenja
Has anyone on here tried to lighten this car? Im curious what exactly you need to take out to make this car on a diet...
Here are my plans (optimistically...will weigh parts as they come off)

GT2 seats - 30 lbs savings
Wheels - 15 lbs savings
Exhaust - 15 lbs savings
Battery - 20 lbs savings
Rear seats, floor mats - 2 lbs
Rear decklid/spoiler (swap for carbon fiber Ruf decklid/wing) - 35 lbs
Diet - 20 lbs (heh )

Total - 137 lbs

Old 03-22-2009, 10:00 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
well what I took away from this article was that the EVOMS car actually performed the best.
the article seems to say that the 9ff car was in a class all by itself in terms of outright speed?

no question though that in terms of bang-for-the-buck, the EVT car takes the crown...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: US vs German vs UK 997TT tuners