997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sachs stage 3 clutch feel...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:01 AM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
Sachs stage 3 clutch feel...

Just picked my car,had sachs stage 3 clutch fitted..

Damn it!Pedal release now at the top!!I ve actually can't use to it until drive around in town for 1 hour to learn...Too hard for street now...Especially on an uprise road..Should these sachs designed like this?Pain'''

By the way it hold the power really well...I can race it hard now

Old 03-25-2009, 12:19 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
LOL -If they don't leave you standing in first gear .
It took time and practice and it really sux at first . I live a flat area but I can imagine you rolling backwards down a hill . Hint -while learning if on a hill place right foot on brake and left on clutch until secured from rolling back or you might roll off a mountain . It's that tricky at first.

After you mastered it .. it's still hard but when you then do the Gt2 conversion it makes a huge difference . It wil still grab at the top but at least you can feel the pojnt of engagement .

Old 03-25-2009, 05:44 AM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
Theres lots uphill/downhill in my area ...

How much you paid for a GT2 conversion?Had read your old topic about it.
Will the EVOMS 996 one below fit or I have to order a 997 GT2 one from dealer?

http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vie...002C337C06B%7D

Last edited by lintc0532; 03-25-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:15 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
What other mods do you have? Did you get a LWFW?

Old 03-25-2009, 07:21 AM
No standard flywheel still.Car is EVT700.with the newest ecu flash the car very sensitive in low rpm whichs bring the clutch status worth on take off now...

Old 03-25-2009, 08:07 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I recently upgraded my stage 2 Sachs clutch to the xxx764 pressure plate with the stock friction disc. This has completely stock feel and engagement without any significant increase in effort or take-up. There is no chatter, no grabbing, etc. Rated for over 800 ft lbs.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:36 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It's the same 996tt conversion fitted specifically for the 997tt . The key difference is installation time . It will take 10 hrs and the part is about 1K .

I do recommend this -- master that clutch first . It's very tricky but it will give you enough practice that when you do the conversion yout skills will be at a high level .

I know excatly how you feel on the first day or two . You will get left on the line too until you learn this thing and even then a launch is no easy feat .

I suppose the guys who track at the drag strip would have to spend hours to really get it right .

Be very careful on a steep incline . You let go of that clutch the wrong way and you will roll back . I found taht whiler learing I could secure it without stalling with brake and clutch and no gas before taking my foot off the brake .

You will ride a clutch a bit at first while learning. It took me a week to get decent and a month to get good at it. Hang in there.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:43 PM
DaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the rough
Hate to sound obvious, but if you use your handbrake when at a stop on hills, you're clutch will last a lot longer vs riding it or catching it. I grew up in the UK and if you don't do handbrake starts, you fail your driving test. I've never understood why that's not the practice in the US.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:23 PM
How will one know if the clutch secured the car on with the handbrake ? I am not sure if you exactly understand how difficult the catch point of the stage 3 clutch is conbined with the ridiculous power assist feature of the Turbo .

If that incline is steep enough he won't even have enough time to pull back the handbrake if that clutch doesn't catch .

Old 03-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Well yes its a really mission...Make me strain while take off..Don't think I have enough time to use ther handbrake anymore.All the tension moved to the foot.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:43 PM
DaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by yrralis1
How will one know if the clutch secured the car on with the handbrake ? I am not sure if you exactly understand how difficult the catch point of the stage 3 clutch is conbined with the ridiculous power assist feature of the Turbo .

If that incline is steep enough he won't even have enough time to pull back the handbrake if that clutch doesn't catch .
I have no knowledge of the clutch grab of this stage 3 we're talking about here, but from the description, it sounds pretty "sprung" - but it still grabs at some point so why would that make a difference to how you transfer between clutch engagement and the weight of the car being held by the handbrake? Again, I have no idea what I'm talking about as far as the stage 3 so apologies if I'm just totally missing a reality here.

I sit and watch people every day riding their clutches, rocking back and forth or rolling backwards 3 feet on hills. It just stuns me here vs. other countries where handbrake starts seem so more common. Perhaps it's due to the extraordinary number of auto transmissions and I suspect most kids learn in an auto.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:45 PM
I am not advocating long term clutch riding . I am suggesting riding it ONLY in first gear when either on a steep incline or if an impatient driver is behind him while he learns the feel of the engagement point .

Stage 3 is tricky.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
The stage 3 is tricky as it doesn't feel consistent when it grabs

Old 03-25-2009, 10:39 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
I recently upgraded my stage 2 Sachs clutch to the xxx764 pressure plate with the stock friction disc. This has completely stock feel and engagement without any significant increase in effort or take-up. There is no chatter, no grabbing, etc. Rated for over 800 ft lbs.

/|\

sounds like the way to go

Old 03-25-2009, 10:40 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DaveH
Hate to sound obvious, but if you use your handbrake when at a stop on hills, you're clutch will last a lot longer vs riding it or catching it. I grew up in the UK and if you don't do handbrake starts, you fail your driving test. I've never understood why that's not the practice in the US.
The driving test in the US is a joke compared to that in the UK. If you have a pulse and $20 you get a license here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sachs stage 3 clutch feel...