997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Who has been waiting to get their ECU remapped?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:21 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by V-man
i am located in chicago area which dealer did your install not sure i trust the guy at Motor works they sugest the champaion conversion from the guys in florida tubi giac air box about 10 grand
Call Chris or Bill at The Exchange and they will be more then happy to work with you, full Evo digi photo's are on display at checkout

Old 03-30-2009, 11:18 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Mike, thanks again for the very nice offer. Yes I have this feeling I am going to call you one of these days. I also have this feeling once I drive your car, the decision will be quick.
Did you have to change the stock clutch as a result of the stage 1 EVOM ECU tune?
Can,

The answer to that question is YES. Once I added the ECU and headers, my clutch was toast. I'm glad my clutch got toasted though. I love the Sachs Stage 2 setup with the light weight flywheel.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:35 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Can,

The answer to that question is YES. Once I added the ECU and headers, my clutch was toast. I'm glad my clutch got toasted though. I love the Sachs Stage 2 setup with the light weight flywheel.
Mike...did BBI do your clutch/flywheel setup? Any issues with chatter?

Old 03-30-2009, 12:37 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Can,

I was told that as well, so far the only problem seems to be in reverse on an incline.
I have never roasted a clutch in my life.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JZRS4
I selected EVoMSit after about 4 months of research. I contacted numerous shops, dealers, owners. The only ones that gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling about longevity, and dependability while working with the current dealership network was Evo. I came from a highly modded BMW, so GIAC was out, and i had been rubbed the wrong way by Dinan, so any shop pretending to be an OEM was out. I wanted nothing crazy, and honest opinions, Alex at Sharkwerks answered every question, backed them up and took customer service in the tuner world to the next level.
My car was ordered in June and was delivered to Alex, not me. Well, the market crashed, blah, blah and Alex was a saint throughout the entire process. My dealer is happy to work with him.
I would never take my word for it, call around, and don't be shy!
Hey JZRS4, seriously thank you for the kind words and it was a real pleasure. So glad you got the car in the end Keep enjoying the power

Old 03-30-2009, 02:12 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Mike...did BBI do your clutch/flywheel setup? Any issues with chatter?
Yeah. BBI did the clutch. I went with a center sprung set up and the chatter is almost non existent. I here some of it when the AC is on or when on an incline. It's a worth while trade off though. The improved quickness in the throttle response is amazing. You are going to have to adjust the way you heel and toe. The revs get up there in a hurry.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:12 PM
a1bc has a spectacular aura abouta1bc has a spectacular aura abouta1bc has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up software

Evo is the best software by far. Get to Stuttgart in Costa Mesa

Old 04-02-2009, 09:20 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
got exact same set up on the TT but I have fabspeed filters instead of the IPD. get the filters they look and sound nice

Old 04-02-2009, 09:23 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
got exact same set up on the TT but I have fabspeed filters instead of the IPD. get the filters they look and sound nice
Was great working with you and I wish we had the same octane as you guys do out there!

Old 04-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by a1bc
Evo is the best software by far. Get to Stuttgart in Costa Mesa
Glad you like it and absolutely if you're in SoCal stop by those guys (Greg/Mike/Brian) and they can do the software on site

Old 04-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Banned
Justin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really nice
That's the best part about going with a trusted tuner. Dealerships won't hassle you if the product is proven to work properly. Congratulations JZRS4!

Old 04-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Justin @ CEC
That's the best part about going with a trusted tuner. Dealerships won't hassle you if the product is proven to work properly. Congratulations JZRS4!
Couldn't agree more Justin. We work closely with a lot of dealerships around the US and abroad too so EVOMSit ECU's are getting around