997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Who has been waiting to get their ECU remapped?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:30 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Who has been waiting to get their ECU remapped?

Get it done, don't wait another day
I had my dealer send my ECU to Sharkwerks on Monday, picked up the beast yesterday. The car runs identical to stock, not even a suggestion that something was altered. This was my only fear and after speaking to numerous people I selected EVO. So after about 10 mins of warming the motor up, I hit the sport button, got on the highway and OMG, I have never had a car pull like this ever! It was the first time since my motor bike days that I have been scarred. I wasn't expecting the turbos to come so damn hard
My car already had the Cargraphic exhaust, IPD plenum, BRV's, and EVO headers, but I don't think I'll need any more power anytime soon!

So if you are on the fence, or afraid your dealer will kill your warranty, stop the insanity and get it done. You'll never regret it and there are many EVO approved dealers out there

On to the suspension.....

Thanks Alex!!!

Old 03-27-2009, 09:42 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I wasted a few thousand miles prior to doing the Evo flash.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:42 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Welcome to my world!

Old 03-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !

Glad you're enjoying it!!

Old 03-27-2009, 12:52 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports

Glad you're enjoying it!!
I almost "forgot" to go home last night, if it wasn't for my 6 month olds smiling face I would have driven from Chicago to thank you in person

Old 03-27-2009, 12:58 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Congrats. Glad to see you pulled the trigger. I told you the boost comes on really strong.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Congrats. Glad to see you pulled the trigger. I told you the boost comes on really strong.
LOL, I wish that fit on a plate
STRONGBOOST

It really is drivable though, that's the sick thing. The car acts like it's stock out of the box.
Thanks for the advice!

Old 03-27-2009, 01:38 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Seems as though EVERYONE is in agreement, but I have one question. More power is always fun, but is there ANY downside to this remap, i.e. is there ANY risk of engine damage, longevity, etc. I ask because I am quite happy the way Porsche screwed this car together, and for everyday real world driving, it is more than sufficient. Having said that, a little extra push would always be welcome, but I am one of those who would pass if there is even the slightest downside. I admit that when cars lost carbs and gained computers my skill set with engine tuning went away, so I need help to understand this new dimension. Thanks!

Old 03-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by tssci
Seems as though EVERYONE is in agreement, but I have one question. More power is always fun, but is there ANY downside to this remap, i.e. is there ANY risk of engine damage, longevity, etc. I ask because I am quite happy the way Porsche screwed this car together, and for everyday real world driving, it is more than sufficient. Having said that, a little extra push would always be welcome, but I am one of those who would pass if there is even the slightest downside. I admit that when cars lost carbs and gained computers my skill set with engine tuning went away, so I need help to understand this new dimension. Thanks!
Even my dealer told me to do it, and they told me to get the larger turbos and intercoolers as well and they seem to be more geeked then I am about mods. The motor has logged 100's of thousands of track miles by now and it's pretty much bullet proof. I had built numerous modded Euro cars before and I was never happy being stranded on the side of the road. You wont have those problems with Evo or the TT.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
you can see some good dynos showing how an ECU flash compared to stock with and without an exhaust here - www.vividracing.com/forums/project-997tt

Old 03-27-2009, 02:56 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
what to do, what to do???

i'm not on the fence about getting the software done, but still undecided on which vendor to go with (evo, giac, softronic...) what made you pick evo over the others

Old 03-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
i'm not on the fence about getting the software done, but still undecided on which vendor to go with (evo, giac, softronic...) what made you pick evo over the others
Great question. Curious myself...

Old 03-27-2009, 03:03 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
With any modification dangers exist, only you can weigh the risks. On saying that I have not heard of one 996 or 997 Turbo thats had a problem caused as the direct result of a flash.

I picked Evomsit based on a few reasons:

100% positive feedback from customers with it
The fact that my fav shop (Stuttgart) sold it

I considered GIAC and Evo for reference, I could not find fault with either of them. Its just like Chevy vs. Ford, Chocolate or Vanilla....

Old 03-27-2009, 04:51 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hey Jzrs4, seriously our pleasure and so glad you went for it the evomsit 93 tune really wakes up the car... I'm actually typing this on i5 with the iPhone enjoying our Evomsit tuned 997 from the passenger seat. We too had to decide over a year ago which way to go and having seen the tools, the process and r&d that went into it the choice was easy. All our pcars new or older are benefiting

Enjoy the weekend and thanks for the support!

PS I just got a text from Todd saying he smashed his Texas mile record

Originally Posted by JZRS4
Get it done, don't wait another day
I had my dealer send my ECU to Sharkwerks on Monday, picked up the beast yesterday. The car runs identical to stock, not even a suggestion that something was altered. This was my only fear and after speaking to numerous people I selected EVO. So after about 10 mins of warming the motor up, I hit the sport button, got on the highway and OMG, I have never had a car pull like this ever! It was the first time since my motor bike days that I have been scarred. I wasn't expecting the turbos to come so damn hard
My car already had the Cargraphic exhaust, IPD plenum, BRV's, and EVO headers, but I don't think I'll need any more power anytime soon!

So if you are on the fence, or afraid your dealer will kill your warranty, stop the insanity and get it done. You'll never regret it and there are many EVO approved dealers out there

On to the suspension.....

Thanks Alex!!!

Last edited by sharkster; 03-27-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:26 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
Uh oh. Here we go again.... I think most of the reputable ECU tunes out there are very similiar. Just a matter of what you are looking for. Like Gmoney says, Chevy or Ford?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has been waiting to get their ECU remapped?