997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2010 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
2010 911 Turbo

Hey guys,
I google 2010 911 Turbo on a regular basis...this is the most recent post I've seen...
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/03...coupe-and.html

Check it out.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:04 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
looks sick, but besides the PDK and the jump from 480hp to 500hp I dont see much of an ext diffrence other than the tail lights and head lights, The wheels are diffrent but Ill deff throw rims on the turbo, and the exhaust tip is bigger, but I will also change my exhaust to an after market 1, Im just worried that when I get my 07 or 08 turbo, itll look much diffrent than the face lift 1...what do you guys think ?

Last edited by PersianGodFatha; 03-28-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:06 PM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
center lock wheels...Nice

Old 03-28-2009, 12:14 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PersianGodFatha
looks sick, but besides the PDK and the jump from 480hp to 500hp I dont see much of an ext diffrence other than the tail lights and head lights, The wheels are diffrent but Ill deff throw rims on the turbo, and the exhaust tip is bigger, but I will also change my exhaust to an after market 1, Im just worried that when I get my 07 or 08 turbo, itll look much diffrent than the face lift 1, but other than the lights I dont think my 07 or 08 would look much diffrent, what do you guys think?
Biggest change? Bye bye GT1 block. I was really hoping that like the GT3, they would decide to keep it for another year before the next generation comes out, but from all the photos, it looks like it's dead and burried.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:17 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
DFI huh? Not that this source is great for facts, but that would be cool. And yes death to GT1, at least in the TT. I wonder what the taillights would look like without the teardrop style, kind of like that picture, just keep the small part at the bottom body color and solid and make the tailights more streamline. I think that would look good actually.

At least we know it's on the way for sure and will be here SOON. I bet those wheels are lighter than the current boats for sure, though they look kinda plain IMO.

Can't wait to see something official.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:35 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I wonder if the new block will be as resilient to mods up to 700 hp level without changing internals?

Old 03-28-2009, 01:56 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I have a feeling those cars are going to collect dust on the lots even moreso than the 997.2/997.2S . The depreciation in the current Turbo has been so significant that i can't imagine why anyone would buy a new one . I have never been one to advocate used cars but certain cars (like the Turbo) are the a used car shoppers dream . The new Porsches have priced themselves out of the market IMO.

I imagine that the car will have significant mid range /reduced lag improvent over the current stock car . But how many Turbo owners leave them stock ? The DFI engine in the 997.2 seems to reveal that trait . Also there may be some first year snags . A few posted that the 997.2 for instance is emitting soot in the 997 forum .

The trend I am noticing is that MOST posts in this forum aimed at buying a Porsche lean towards the CPO deals . A 96K car for 57 K? A 140K car for 88K ? Less than 10 K miles ?

When the 996tt came out I passed it up . Twice . I bought base 996 cars and did not even keep them long . I will pass up this Turbo . PDK does not interest me at all and even with paddles I would be lukewarm at best. If I want a computer to drive my car I can always play a video game --I don't -they bore me.

I guess you can say -if this car is it .. I am a little disappointed .

Old 03-28-2009, 02:02 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I have a feeling those cars are going to collect dust on the lots even moreso than the 997.2/997.2S . The depreciation in the current Turbo has been so significant that i can't imagine why anyone would buy a new one . I have never been one to advocate used cars but certain cars (like the Turbo) are the a used car shoppers dream . The new Porsches have priced themselves out of the market IMO.

I imagine that the car will have significant mid range /reduced lag improvent over the current stock car . But how many Turbo owners leave them stock ? The DFI engine in the 997.2 seems to reveal that trait . Also there may be some first year snags . A few posted that the 997.2 for instance is emitting soot in the 997 forum .

The trend I am noticing is that MOST posts in this forum aimed at buying a Porsche lean towards the CPO deals . A 96K car for 57 K? A 140K car for 88K ? Less than 10 K miles ?

When the 996tt came out I passed it up . Twice . I bought base 996 cars and did not even keep them long . I will pass up this Turbo . PDK does not interest me at all and even with paddles I would be lukewarm at best. If I want a computer to drive my car I can always play a video game --I don't -they bore me.

I guess you can say -if this car is it .. I am a little disappointed .
Well said. In many ways I think I would have saved a fair amount of money waiting to buy a used 997TT instead of buying it new...but I got a car configured how I like it with no compromises. People out there that are looking for a deal are going to be able to get a steal!

Old 03-28-2009, 02:05 PM
turbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura about
I agree. Porsche TT depreciation is terrible. Took me 6 months to sell my TT at a loss of $40000.00 with 10000miles. I have bought my last new Porsche. Used is the only way to go.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Right now people just aren't buying new cars in general, everyone is looking for CPO deals. I have lost a ton of money on a lot of different cars, but the price is dropping on those in anticipation of the new ones that are coming. Even without the PDK it will be an improvement IMO. For those who love their current Turbo that is a beautiful thing...now you wont have to fork over 140k for a new one. But the 997.2 is incredible, I mean incredible and when the turbo comes...if it does...Im sure it will be incredible as well.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Even before the economy issue ...one quick example..I bought a brand new 2008 ML 63 AMG...The sticker was $95k...I paid $87k...I traded 10000 miles later for $62K. Just an example with another type of car.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
A 997.2 Turbo will be totally outclassed compared to a tuned 997.1 Turbo.

And who is going to be the first to try to put even 550bhp in a 997.2 'consumer' grade engine with PDK?? Good luck with that; I am not sure what will explode first, the gearbox or the engine!!

So I think the 997.1 Turbo will actually appreciate in value once people start realizing this!

Old 03-28-2009, 03:24 PM

Old 03-28-2009, 03:27 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
A 997.2 Turbo will be totally outclassed compared to a tuned 997.1 Turbo.

And who is going to be the first to try to put even 550bhp in a 997.2 'consumer' grade engine with PDK?? Good luck with that; I am not sure what will explode first, the gearbox or the engine!!

So I think the 997.1 Turbo will actually appreciate in value once people start realizing this!
I doubt Porsche will put a weak motor in the TT. This is the first non GT1 block motor in a top level Porsche in ages, not a chance they half-step on it.

If Porsche are putting a PDK in a 550 or whatever Panamera as heavy as it is, I'm sure the PDK will hold up just fine.

I don't too much care for PDK unless it's a weekend cruiser, but it will be better than tiptronic, which is showing to be pretty stout.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:29 PM
all speculation...but...
Alex-I wouldnt be so sure that a stock 997.2 with PDK wouldnt smoke a modded 997.1...unless you are running some serious mods. And of course any
"heavily modded" vehicle should be able to destroy a closely related stock vehicle. Im not sure that I get the point.
Also, who will mod the 997.2 turbo? is that a real question?
Everyone will...just like now. Im sure porsche might have an inclination that people such as everyone on these forums enjoys modding their cars.
I understand if people who own the 997.1 turbo...which I absolutely love...are a little bitter...but putting it down is just a bit silly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 911 Turbo