997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Favourite bodykit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
I'm a bit partial to the TechArt Type 2...

I will admit this however. When I first saw pictures I certainly was not a fan. I thought it was way too aggressive for the 997 body and frankly a bit too wild looking. However, once I saw it in person and installed on the car, I was blown away. It's beautiful!! Some people complain that the 911 doesn't have as much curb-appeal as a Lambo or F-car.....well put on a TechArt body kit and that changes REALLY fast!! You get every bit of what you pay for with TechArt. The fit, finish, and quality is second to none. It's also a huge benefit that all TechArt parts are wind-tested to insure they do not effect the car's aerodynamics. In most cases, they improve it. I vote for TechArt.
Hi Tom

Yes, my preference for the TA type II kit was there at the beginning but since then I have gone off it more and more - especially that rear spoiler which juts out from the bumper.

Here are some TechArt GT street pics too which have plenty of 'presence' - especially the first one!!

Old 04-14-2009, 08:57 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
Hey Danny

To put things into perspective these are the approx prices for 'bare minimum' (ie. not all parts in the kit) components here in the UK:
  • TechArt type I kit = £7k fitted
  • TechArt type II kit = £13.5k fitted
  • speedArt kit = £5.5k fitted
  • GT2 kit (front and rear bumper) = £6.5k fitted
** all approx costs.

You've got to REALLY love the kits to pay those sort of prices!
Alex,
those prices are pretty much what we are being quoted (of course taking into account currency diff) on this side of the pond. Its unfortunate that these parts are so expensive but I guess there must be some reason. I recently purchased an aftermarket body part from a lesser brand and the fit and finish was terrible, so I guess you actually do get what you pay for. Go for it!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
Alex,
those prices are pretty much what we are being quoted (of course taking into account currency diff) on this side of the pond. Its unfortunate that these parts are so expensive but I guess there must be some reason. I recently purchased an aftermarket body part from a lesser brand and the fit and finish was terrible, so I guess you actually do get what you pay for. Go for it!
Agreed. A lot of times it seems like the smarter decision to get the less expensive part initially, but when you factor in the quality of the parts and the amount of time you'll spend adjusting, fixing, and making sure they fit and look proper, the costs almost always even out. I'm a big fan of the TechArt parts for that reason, along with the fact that they're aerodynamically tested.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
I am sorry but £13.5k for just the Techart II kit 'basics' is a little steep - that's the price of a new car!

I am not saying TA aren't the best quality, but it's a little hard for even me (who's now spent over £20k on mods for my Turbo) to justify spending that much just to make the car look a bit more aggressive.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:39 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
You've really been driving yourself mad with this haven't you...been there done that...any way, one of the pics in your grouping of the black turbo with black wheels and Techart 1 kit sold me and I just ordered the kit...so if you can wait a few weeks you will have some more pictures to confuse you even farther.

In the end, it's really what moves you...don't let this tear you up...your car will look awesome no matter what direction you choose...so enjoy it!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 AM
I think all these kits suit black Turbos a LOT more than any other colour! The add-on pieces of kit seem to integrate with the car better.

I am sure yours will look amazing as I think I know the pics you are referring to and they are indeed stunning!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:57 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
That's true about the black cars...but on the other hand...some of the details get lost too when it's a black car...

Too bad you didn't order a bunch of this stuff when the exchange rate was 2.4!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:00 AM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
first, great work putting together all those pics.
second, i hadn't seen the SpeedArt before. Love the front, hate the wing.
third, good luck with your choice. Like you said, sounds really pricey for just an agressive look. But those SpeedArt and Mansory pics look awesome.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:47 AM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
whatever you do, don't do the Vorsteiner kit...it looks terrible IMHO and way to "bulky" for such a sleek and sexy car like the turbo. The Techart Type 1 is a good kit and if you want aggressive TechArt GTstreet is pretty bad ***.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by ///M_Chap
whatever you do, don't do the Vorsteiner kit...it looks terrible IMHO and way to "bulky" for such a sleek and sexy car like the turbo
Yes, I find that kit rather strange in that it's a copy of the TechArt front with a very bulky rear (the lower part of which under the plate area looks a little cheap). I do actually like the rear wing though!!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Cordonaviation is a glorious beacon of lightCordonaviation is a glorious beacon of lightCordonaviation is a glorious beacon of lightCordonaviation is a glorious beacon of lightCordonaviation is a glorious beacon of lightCordonaviation is a glorious beacon of light
techart type 2 is amazing

Old 04-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Just found a YouTube of the TechArt type I kit car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR8gHvPN1Gs

Old 04-14-2009, 11:39 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Alex...if you decide to go with a fixed wing, you can always change the console buttons to the one from the GT3, so you don't have a dead or useless "wing deploy button." Just an idea...

Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Hmmm, that's a good reason to go with Techart I kit as that wing still goes up and down.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Former Vendor
NUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the roughNUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the roughNUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the roughNUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the rough
I hope nobody minds my chimming in here...I may be somewhat bias but, TechArt is for sure the way to go...I worked for CEC for many years selling this brand, in 1994 we became the importer for TechArt and for 15 years TA has been a solid product that CEC has sold in the US market. In Europe TA does an amazing job testing and properly fitting their parts...they test and use their parts on and off the track before going to production. They are a brand with substance and heritage...they are not a want a be tuner, they truly are a tuner that creates their own concepts and designs, and for that I think you get what you pay for...they are the very best at making a Porsche look more exotic, and it is done with good taste. Some of the other brands shown from Europe also have a good appearance and fit well, but based on the history of TA I think you can't go wrong.

Just my 02

Jim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Favourite bodykit