997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Favourite bodykit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:00 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Yeah...what he said!! Makes me feel better about buying the techart kit as well

Dude...just do it...you know you want to and you know you'll love it!

Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Jim - I have no doubts in my mind that TA are top-dog for quality. My doubt are centred around the total aesthetics of each kit and the mind blowing prices of the parts.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor
NUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the roughNUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the roughNUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the roughNUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the rough
Here is some pics when I visited TA in 2007 during the Frankfurt motor show...they really do focus on building a good brand

Hopefully this information is useful.

Jim

Attached Images     
Old 04-14-2009, 12:15 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
Hmmm, that's a good reason to go with Techart I kit as that wing still goes up and down.
Do you want to guess how much the hydraulics and stock decklid weigh?

Last edited by bbywu; 04-14-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor
NUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the roughNUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the roughNUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the roughNUTEKWHLS is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
Thanks Jim - I have no doubts in my mind that TA are top-dog for quality. My doubt are centred around the total aesthetics of each kit and the mind blowing prices of the parts.
These days, we all are concerned with costs...it is a tough market for all things...keep in mind though, a 997TT is a $120K+ car...unfortunately some things are relative. Some other posts mentioned buying a cheaper brand...but believe me, in all my years of being in this business I have worked only in the high end with the big name brands, and I have experienced many times where I have talked to consumers that spent hard earned money on a product that they purchased based on price and ended up spending the money for nothing because the cheaper brand they went with ended up costing more being prepped at the body shop than if they would have purchased a better quality part. It is important to consider the other aspects of the finished part...I think you coming here and posting this is the right thing to do...you now are well informed and will have an easier feeling of investing in TA than before, and if you end up choosing another brand than at least you are somewhat prepared to be surprised at how well it fits, or disappointed at how well it doesn't.

Great topic, and good luck.

Jim

Old 04-14-2009, 12:40 PM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
My vote is either TechArt Type I or go all out for GT Street. You could save some money by looking for a used Type I kit. Not sure how easy to find though.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:51 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of

Little confused on this wing...

Does this sit flush or doesnt it... two pics...

or... every other pic has it looking like this.....

Old 04-14-2009, 01:08 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Do any of these kits take into account what it does to aerodynamics?

Old 04-14-2009, 01:17 PM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E55AMG
According to Techart, A 997 Turbo equipped with TECHART front spoiler Type I, rear wing Type I and diffusor is proven in the wind tunnel to create up to 20% more downforce and -2% less drag.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by E55AMG
Good Point...TA is probably one of the few that actually wind test their parts...they produce a part that gives a more exotic appearance, but also that is functional...another good reason why they are viewed as a top knotch brand...here are some pictures of different cars and aero parts being wind tested. Again this also explains why they may have a higher cost, but they at least show you get what you pay for.

Jim

Attached Images      
Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SHANKENFELTER

Little confused on this wing...

Does this sit flush or doesnt it... two pics...

or... every other pic has it looking like this.....
speedART wing goes up and down.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:17 PM
supergoji is infamous around these parts
I'd have to go with TA stuff. ussually if it's not reducing weight, or making more downforce and increasing high speed stability i wouldnt want it.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:14 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I like the TA 2 wing, TA 1 front end. I really like some of the Oakley design stuff as well, front lip and wing.
Most body kits take away from the original design of the car, and I agree they always look better on black.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Former Vendor
KrafTechnik is infamous around these partsKrafTechnik is infamous around these parts
What, no mention of Vorsteiner?

Man, we have a lot of work to do on this forum....

In my mind, one of the best kits, if you'll let me talk your ear off about the performance aspects of the airflow, intercooler exposure, etc.

JL

Old 04-15-2009, 03:03 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NUTEKWHLS
These days, we all are concerned with costs...it is a tough market for all things...keep in mind though, a 997TT is a $120K+ car...unfortunately some things are relative. Some other posts mentioned buying a cheaper brand...but believe me, in all my years of being in this business I have worked only in the high end with the big name brands, and I have experienced many times where I have talked to consumers that spent hard earned money on a product that they purchased based on price and ended up spending the money for nothing because the cheaper brand they went with ended up costing more being prepped at the body shop than if they would have purchased a better quality part. It is important to consider the other aspects of the finished part...I think you coming here and posting this is the right thing to do...you now are well informed and will have an easier feeling of investing in TA than before, and if you end up choosing another brand than at least you are somewhat prepared to be surprised at how well it fits, or disappointed at how well it doesn't.

Great topic, and good luck.

Jim
Perfect explanation ...I'm in the body shop business so we install a lot of kits as well. We spend SO MUCH time getting these poorly fitting kits to fit properly and it ends up costing customers a lot of extra money they weren't planning on spending to make it look right.

It is much better to buy a kit that will fit perfectly and mount to the OEM brackets and mounting points. Granted you are going to pay for this, but it's the piece of mind that is also very important.

edit:

Also, in regards to the Vorsteiner stuff...I haven't been too thrilled with the fitment and "wavy-ness" of their fiberglass kits. The ones we have had experience with usually need a lot of work on fitment and usually a lot of bodywork to flatten out the fiberglass bumpers/panels to mimic the OEM look of polyurethane bumpers and sheet metal body parts.

Sorry to be a harsh critic, just trying to help the OP with an honest opinion.

Last edited by ///M_Chap; 04-15-2009 at 03:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Favourite bodykit