997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Favourite bodykit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Actually the Vorsteiner stuff is great quality. As one of the few tuners who actually own a 997TT and use this product, I can speak miles for the quality and fitment of this product. When Vorsteiner first launched their BMW M3 E46 product years ago, Vivid Racing was one of the first dealers and did alot of the sales for them. We even used the parts on our own car seen below. Vorsteiner is made in California, not cheap chinese junk like some of the eBay replica stuff. I am familiar with the replica body kits. Usually the quality is so so, but that is why people pay the price they do. I had a replica techart on my 996TT and was happy with it. Precision Porsche quality parts are usually very nice.

Here is a picture of my 997TT. We are one of the EXCLUSIVE Vorsteiner 997TT distributors and installers.

Our BMW M3 with Vorsteiner parts. We had the full carbon front bumper, hood, and trunk. We even run these parts on pro vert skateboarder Bucky Lasek's M3.

Its one thing to have seen or try to sell the parts, but when you have installed them, owned them, you can really give an opinion about something.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:30 PM
supergoji is infamous around these parts
These Vorsteiner are amazing as well. they work so well with the lines of the 911.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ///M_Chap
Also, in regards to the Vorsteiner stuff...I haven't been too thrilled with the fitment and "wavy-ness" of their fiberglass kits. The ones we have had experience with usually need a lot of work on fitment and usually a lot of bodywork to flatten out the fiberglass bumpers/panels to mimic the OEM look of polyurethane bumpers and sheet metal body parts.

Sorry to be a harsh critic, just trying to help the OP with an honest opinion.
i believe this type of wavy-ness is common in all replica parts. any decent body shop can block sand and resolve these issues right?

others comparing tech-art (very established company and costly) vs newer company such as vorsteiner actually pretty kewl.. considering that vorsteiner products cost alot less and also add new styles into the porsche market

i've worked on countless vorsteiner products for the e46 relm and its by far.. the best manufacturer out there for qualtiy products and customer support. im sure you can expect the same for the porsche world.

Last edited by Daytonaviolet; 04-15-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:35 PM
supergoji is infamous around these parts
of course body kits that fit without much work are going to be more expensive. just like some stillen, and nismo items for my Z they cost more because when installing them they should fit without modification.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:42 PM
oc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really nice
I honestly cannot agree with this wholeheartedly. I have seen a number of authentic Techart pieces that look quite wavy and the fitment leaves much to be desired.

The side skirts they make are one of the worst fitting pieces imho. I heard that you have to heat the pieces before installing?

Techart is a great company but their fitment is def not perfect and oem like. You will need a good bodyshop who knows what they are doing and it will come out fine.

My local bodyshop told me that the prep work needed for Techart body parts is significant.

I would just pick the style you like best and go with the one that speaks to you personally. There is a lot of options out there.
Originally Posted by ///M_Chap
Perfect explanation ...I'm in the body shop business so we install a lot of kits as well. We spend SO MUCH time getting these poorly fitting kits to fit properly and it ends up costing customers a lot of extra money they weren't planning on spending to make it look right.

It is much better to buy a kit that will fit perfectly and mount to the OEM brackets and mounting points. Granted you are going to pay for this, but it's the piece of mind that is also very important.

edit:

Also, in regards to the Vorsteiner stuff...I haven't been too thrilled with the fitment and "wavy-ness" of their fiberglass kits. The ones we have had experience with usually need a lot of work on fitment and usually a lot of bodywork to flatten out the fiberglass bumpers/panels to mimic the OEM look of polyurethane bumpers and sheet metal body parts.

Sorry to be a harsh critic, just trying to help the OP with an honest opinion.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Former Vendor
simon @ evosport is infamous around these partssimon @ evosport is infamous around these parts
I can only state my personal experience with products (and we've used a lot). Some of the higher priced brands seem to have a better fitment than the less expensive stuff. Also depends on the material used, fiberglass versus PuRim versus Carbon, etc. We've worked with A LOT of carbon in the past few years and it's very hard to perfect that. There are slight variances from piece to piece and sometimes it will require some slight modifications to make it work. But for the price and quality, I absolutely think the Vorsteiner stuff is top notch. Especially considering the amount of carbon used. As I said not everything is going to fit like a glove every time, but relative to what's out there, we have been extremely satisfied with the Vorsteiner products. From the CLK Black Series to the 997 Turbo, you get a lot of quality for the price. And outside the products, we work very close with them on a strategic/development level and their level of service is just as great. Because sometimes it's just not about how good it fits, but how good is the service when something doesn't go right. And trust me, that will happens with just about aftermarket product you use...

Old 04-16-2009, 06:13 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KrafTechnik
What, no mention of Vorsteiner?

Man, we have a lot of work to do on this forum....

Sorry, but I didn't add a gallery for Vorsteiner as:

1) Other than this web board and Teamspeed I know nothing about these kits
2) I don't know of any partners here in the UK that would have experience fitting these parts
3) The front bumper/spoiler is almost the same as the TechArt type II except you lose the front fog lights. To me the TA II front looks better
4) The rear bumper looks like it missed a trick by not having a rear diffuser (and looks a little plastic in the area under the numberplate)
5) Cheaper costs? Not from the numbers I've seen.

Best looking aftermarket rear spoiler though hands down!! And yes, I agree that other aftermarket side skirts do look out of place, so I am with you on that also.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:39 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT

2) I don't know of any partners here in the UK that would have experience fitting these parts
3) The front bumper/spoiler is almost the same as the TechArt type II except you lose the front fog lights. To me the TA II front looks better
4) The rear bumper looks like it missed a trick by not having a rear diffuser (and looks a little plastic in the area under the numberplate)

Best looking aftermarket rear spoiler though hands down!! And yes, I agree that other aftermarket side skirts do look out of place, so I am with you on that also.

I have to agree with Alex, the Vorsteiner front bumper looks way too much like the TA bumper, the rear bumper is just ugly and the skirts are almost not noticeable. I do however love the rear wing, but its too aggressive for my daily use

Old 04-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Red996 is infamous around these parts
tech art GT STREET

Old 04-16-2009, 07:11 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oc997
I honestly cannot agree with this wholeheartedly. I have seen a number of authentic Techart pieces that look quite wavy and the fitment leaves much to be desired.

The side skirts they make are one of the worst fitting pieces imho. I heard that you have to heat the pieces before installing?

Techart is a great company but their fitment is def not perfect and oem like. You will need a good bodyshop who knows what they are doing and it will come out fine.
Thank you for sayiing this. I though maybe I was the only one with this opinion. While TA makes great parts, they are far from perfect fit. Every body kit I have seen installed or personally worked with in the past has some degree of fitment issues, including TA.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:13 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Red996
tech art GT STREET
Sure, if you want to pony up the $39K for the parts, and $5-10K for the install and paint.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:00 AM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
GT2, nothing better than the OEM. Even the best aftermarket stuff doesn't compare to porsche, and many times it tends to be more expensive.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
Sure, if you want to pony up the $39K for the parts, and $5-10K for the install and paint.
Give it to a homeless guy, at least you'll get something out of it. what a freaking waste and the kit is butt ugly IMO.
I think this demonstrates the R&D costs can't possibly be as high as people think, because I will wager TA has only sold 1 or 2 of these kits

Old 04-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
simon @ evosport is infamous around these partssimon @ evosport is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT

1) Vorsteiner.com or drop by here if you're local
2) Talk to Roy at CA Automotive. They're the Vorsteiner UK Distributor.
3) Mmm, kinda have to see it in person. There are similarities but up close the detail work and carbon use on the Vorsteiner bumper is perrrrrrrrrty
4) I don't disagree and I've already talked to them about this. It was my first comment as well when I saw the rear. But standby
5) I believe the rear bumper is about the same price at the TA.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:35 AM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CayenneS2083
GT2, nothing better than the OEM. Even the best aftermarket stuff doesn't compare to porsche, and many times it tends to be more expensive.
Is the GT2 kit a direct fit or are there modifications that need to be done???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Favourite bodykit