997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Favourite bodykit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor
simon @ evosport is infamous around these partssimon @ evosport is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ///M_Chap
Is the GT2 kit a direct fit or are there modifications that need to be done???
Sideskirts are direct fit. Wing will bolt on, but needs a wiring harness and a reprogram. Front and rear bumpers should bolt on. albeit there's probably some ducting work up front, along with slight wiring changes for fogs. Rear not 100% yet on muffler/tip changes, but bumper should bolt on.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
GT2 Rear wing from MAShaw like I have is a direct fit and fully functional. You will need to simply have someone with a PIWIS tool deactivate the rear spoiler. I watched them do it to mine yesterday and there is a easy way to do it. NR Auto makes a replica GT2 rear and front bumper.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for Vorsteiner, the new wing is sick! Recently installed other Vorsteiner goodies, and we were happy with the results:

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute

No mention of the factory kit? Kinda subtle compared to others, but well done.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 04-28-2009, 01:27 AM
FR305 is infamous around these parts
My favorite is the Gemballa Avalanche Roadster for the 997tt

Last edited by FR305; 04-28-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:06 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
TA parts are not all that. I know first hand. The parts do not fit that well for the front lip. The rear piece fits very nicely but the vented areas are not well thought out. The front aero lip i have is wavy. Overall I like it don't get me wrong but they get a little too proud of their kits. I love hte TA II rear wing probably one of the best looking wings and i am conservative and I would buy one. But at 12K they are smoking crack.

I have the front TA Type 1 and Rear Type I with GT2 sides. IMHO its a sharp looking combo. Of course a front GT2, side GT2, Rear TA 1 and TA II fixed wing would be the best combo!

Bobby - dude your wheels NICE!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:48 PM
CaymenGTS is infamous around these partsCaymenGTS is infamous around these parts
techart GTS!!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Another vote for TechArt stuff used their stuff for years on all sorts of cars and just never have issues. In terms of fit/finish/fitment they're second to none in the Porsche world. Their close relationship and history with Porsche obviously means that the pressure is on them to always have parts that are not only going to fit but also wind tunnel tested (which is pretty unique to body kit stuff).

Old 07-05-2009, 02:53 PM
porsche.tay is infamous around these parts
techart type II for me

Old 07-05-2009, 09:53 PM
combo3010 is infamous around these parts
I'd choose Vorsteiner if it costs half as much as Techart. too bad it costs almost the same!

Old 07-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Banned
Variable-Vane is infamous around these parts
GT3 front, hybrid signals, Techart sides & rear. Very classy on a twin and only a couple people have done it.

Last edited by Variable-Vane; 07-07-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:13 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Old 07-07-2009, 03:42 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharkster
Us in Europe STILL can't see the pics in the Type II conversion

Old 07-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
Us in Europe STILL can't see the pics in the Type II conversion
Hey Alex, wow that's so odd... I've got other folks in Europe that seem to see it? Have you tried different PCs maybe? Someone elses?

And this link: http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-tu...40-wheels.html

Old 07-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
TA parts are not all that. I know first hand. The parts do not fit that well for the front lip. The rear piece fits very nicely but the vented areas are not well thought out. The front aero lip i have is wavy. Overall I like it don't get me wrong but they get a little too proud of their kits. I love hte TA II rear wing probably one of the best looking wings and i am conservative and I would buy one. But at 12K they are smoking crack.

I have the front TA Type 1 and Rear Type I with GT2 sides. IMHO its a sharp looking combo. Of course a front GT2, side GT2, Rear TA 1 and TA II fixed wing would be the best combo!

Bobby - dude your wheels NICE!
12K?! You need a new TECHART dealer!
That's double the MSRP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Favourite bodykit