997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Last Minute Collab Build on 997TT For Gumball 3000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Last Minute Collab Build on 997TT For Gumball 3000

Vivid Racing has hooked up with industry insider and marketing machine, Caleb AKA StuntMan for the 2009 Gumball 3000 rally. Caleb and co-driver will be bringing a Porsche 997 TT modified by Vivid Racing. If you don’t know what Gumball is, check out www.vividracing.com/gumball3000.

Caleb called a week ago and asked what we could do to increase the performance and handling of this incredible car. The next day he put the car on a trailer to send it out to us at Vivid Racing for a several cosmetic and performance upgrades. In 2 weeks time, Vivid Racing will be installing their new 750HP kit which uses modified VTG turbos, a Softronic ECU Flash, and some power bits from Agency Power. To keep the car planted, Vivid Racing is adding a set of Bilstein PSS10 coilovers and Agency Power adjustable sway bars. The car is equipped with a TechArt style front bumper and side skirts from NR Auto as well as a GT2 addon rear spoiler. With its already intense paint color and wheel choice, a matching Seibon carbon fiber hood and carbon vinyl wrapped roof and spoiler will set it apart.

We think Caleb will be happy with the finished product for this 8 day, 3,000 mile cross country venture. Stay tuned for updates on our blog here - www.vividracing.com/blog.

Picture of the car before it has arrived to Vivid Racing. Stay tuned for dyno test and pictures.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 PM
evscarbrokerage is a jewel in the roughevscarbrokerage is a jewel in the roughevscarbrokerage is a jewel in the rough
Looking forward to working with you Dan. Thanks again for everything. I'm excited to pick up the car and drive to Cali for the GUMBALL with you guys.

Caleb AKA StuntMan

Old 04-15-2009, 05:42 PM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
got any more pics of the front or sides? Can't see the wheels that well.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:49 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Dan please post more pix. I wanna see how this kit looks like

Old 04-15-2009, 05:59 PM
jriggs is infamous around these parts
that's really awesome guys, i hope to see some great video footage from this years event!

and i 2nd the idea of more shots of the car, maybe some of the work going on to it? yeah i know pics of turbos and intercoolers and such big deal but i love build pics!

...and now we all debate quitting our day jobs and enjoying a cross country rally

Last edited by jriggs; 04-15-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Sami is infamous around these parts
I can't wait to see what this will turn into!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
here is some other pics and the official gallery where we will update all mods - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/ga...ages.php?c=423

Old 04-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Cordonaviation is a glorious beacon of lightCordonaviation is a glorious beacon of lightCordonaviation is a glorious beacon of lightCordonaviation is a glorious beacon of lightCordonaviation is a glorious beacon of lightCordonaviation is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by vividracing
here is some other pics and the official gallery where we will update all mods - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/ga...ages.php?c=423

love the body kit, can you PM me a quote for 997tt.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:41 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I was always interested in these events, but it makes so little sense to me. So you pay 50k, for a small chance to make 200k?
I hear its basically one big party and not much serious driving.
Anyone do one of these and have some facts?
I can't imagine anyone would enter a car they really love
I'll be watching this thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM
evscarbrokerage is a jewel in the roughevscarbrokerage is a jewel in the roughevscarbrokerage is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by JZRS4
I was always interested in these events, but it makes so little sense to me. So you pay 50k, for a small chance to make 200k?
I hear its basically one big party and not much serious driving.
Anyone do one of these and have some facts?
I can't imagine anyone would enter a car they really love
I'll be watching this thread
1. It's not 50k, It was 44k this year.
2. You can't make 200k, it's a rally not a race.
3. It is one amazing non stop party and you make a lot of life long friends.
4. Their is a lot of serious driving, and a lot people that take it seriously. But of course you will have a few people that just want to take it easy and enjoy the drive.

I'm still looking for a co-driver for a small fee if you're interested.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Take many pictures/videos along the way please!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Sami
Take many pictures/videos along the way please!
Trust me, we will. I have a full HD camera crew that will be with us for part of the rally and Dan is installing the Hoyt camera systems in the car.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by evscarbrokerage
Trust me, we will. I have a full HD camera crew that will be with us for part of the rally and Dan is installing the Hoyt camera systems in the car.
Sweet I can't wait.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
the rims look bad! he can do better!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by jstrat85
the rims look bad! he can do better!
I'm shopping different wheels right now. Those are going to stay on for the Rally though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Last Minute Collab Build on 997TT For Gumball 3000