997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

EVOMS or GIAC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 AM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
EVOMS asked me $500 to upgrade from 620-700.If no purchased hardware from them they want $1000 along for just ECU upgrade.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:56 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Hi Mike, who says I haven't already? There rarely has been a mod where the split is so right down the middle like GIAC versus EVOMS. A house divided!

Are you tweaking the EVOMS ECU to make the power delivery more even? Any other problem?

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Can,

Whichever way you go with your ECU, you owe it to yourself to at least talk to Todd at EVOMS before you make a decision.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:58 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Excuse my ignorance, but I thought evoms used GIAC software...Obviously that has changed? I had a EVOMS tuned 997TT 580 program and 996TT500Program and could have sworn both used giac chips??

Old 04-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Z06
Z06 is infamous around these parts
When I looked at both Evo and GIAC stock dynos, no mods... the dyno graph's were very different, then how could you look at power packages.

The only true test would be a speed, road and dyno comparison done on the same day as was tested in the recent magazine.

It would be nice to see a true tuner test, with stock turbos and legal cats..weight to be close to stock.. the rest would be open... headers, ECU and intercoolers.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:16 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I cannot understand this reprogramming procedure every time you add something to the car.

I had my ECU programmed and my tuner (who has a good reputation on modding Porsche cars) said that the new program will work perfectly on all range mods, from stock car just ECU to modified VTGs.
By the time the ECU is reprogrammed, it can adjust to any mod in all range.

Example:
My car has exhaust system sport air filter and ECU, works fine big difference from stock

A friend of mine from Greece has identical ECU programming to mine, upgraded ICs modified VTGs, and it spins all wheels

Old 04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Hi Mike, who says I haven't already? There rarely has been a mod where the split is so right down the middle like GIAC versus EVOMS. A house divided!

Are you tweaking the EVOMS ECU to make the power delivery more even? Any other problem?
Maybe they can both let you test it out for time and then decide? That would be great but I doubt they would agree to it.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:05 PM
JS1967 is infamous around these parts
I went with GIAC, Fabspeed headers, tubi exhaust and I/C upgrade and flash. Attached is a dyno we ran last week. Car runs very strong, I am happy. Champion Motorsport/GIAC worked very hard to be sure I was happy. The numbers on the dyno are to the wheels the car is running 91 octane.
It would be fun to run my car against an EVOM tuned car with same mod's.

Name:  Jack Stewart's 997TT--4th gear (1).bmp
Views: 729
Size:  826.4 KB

Last edited by JS1967; 04-19-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by JS1967
I went with GIAC, Fabspeed headers, tubi exhaust and I/C upgrade and flash. Attached is a dyno we ran last week. Car runs very strong, I am happy. Champion Motorsport/GIAC worked very hard to be sure I was happy. The numbers on the dyno are to the wheels the car is running 91 octane.
It would be fun to run my car against an EVOM tuned car with same mod's.

Attachment 94991

That torque curve doesnt look to linear...I'd get that tune checked...U have a huge drop in hp and troque at 42-4300 rpm...It shouldnt be like that...I dynoed my previous 996tt that was tuned by giac/evo and the curve was much more linear

Old 04-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
if you are just looking to get an ecu flash, i think there are several options which would give you similar results. if you are looking for a more comprehensive package now or in the future, then you might want to do alittle more homework as there are some great options available.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:51 PM
LSM
Originally Posted by dk996tt
if you are just looking to get an ecu flash, i think there are several options which would give you similar results. if you are looking for a more comprehensive package now or in the future, then you might want to do alittle more homework as there are some great options available.

Which look like u did...1000hp with bolt-ons!! WOW...nice 1/4 mile too

Old 04-20-2009, 08:23 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LSM
Excuse my ignorance, but I thought evoms used GIAC software...Obviously that has changed? I had a EVOMS tuned 997TT 580 program and 996TT500Program and could have sworn both used giac chips??
They did, but now do their own - actually for quite some time now.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:43 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga

Yes. Todd is making the power delivery more linear for my car. There are absolutely no other issues with the ECU tune so far. It's amazing all the different things he can do with the tune.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:30 PM
darmawaa is infamous around these partsdarmawaa is infamous around these parts
Modified VTG

Some of the tuner with a Modified VTG package have lower bottom end torque, some have higher than stock.
Does bigger turbo wheels means more lag (lower bottom end) than stock? Similar to GT2 turbos compared to 997TT.
I am using the TT for daily driving, so while I want as much power as possible, I do not want to loose bottom end.

than
Originally Posted by lintc0532
they are bit different.

I have evoms setup from 580-620-700,with 700 I had 1 more flash upgrade for cat-less so I have enough experience to judge EVOMS tuning..
Its a great rush one!you get pulled crazy between 2500-4500,can't even hold yourself well on the seat and keep your foot on the pedals on that rpm range,but in the mid rance from 4500-5500 torque drops bit fast.

You could see the dyno grafic from both evoms and AWE website.Ignore their AWHP,just look the torque ranges.They are different.GIAC tune's torque not going as rush as EVOMS but also not drop as faster as EVOMS in mid rpm range.I am not sure if that make sense for the driving feel..

Old 06-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
TTdude - Well said! Let's move on.

Last edited by Kafka997; 06-07-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:32 AM
jahnke has a spectacular aura aboutjahnke has a spectacular aura aboutjahnke has a spectacular aura about
I am leaning towards the EVOMS. I dont post much but I do read alot. thought I saw somewhere on this board a poll that showed EVOMS to be more popular.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS or GIAC