997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

EVOMS or GIAC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 04:56 PM
il nino is infamous around these partsil nino is infamous around these parts
EVOMS or GIAC

Any feedback on pros or cons of the two ECU upgrades?

Old 04-18-2009, 05:03 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by il nino
Have you searched on this topic? I don't think we need ANOTHER thread on this subject.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by il nino
You've got a pm

Old 04-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
You've got a pm
C'mon, J...

Can't pitch him in public?

I'm curious to hear what you have to say...

Software discussions are myyyyyyyy faaaaavorite.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:15 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Not many have run either side by side on the 997TT and can give you an honest opinion. However two things are clear, both work and both have a happy customer base. You could spend [waste] a lot of time reading posts between the two and a good portion of the responses wont even be from owners. Pick one of the above and you will be happy, I guarantee it.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:17 PM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
they are bit different.

I have evoms setup from 580-620-700,with 700 I had 1 more flash upgrade for cat-less so I have enough experience to judge EVOMS tuning..
Its a great rush one!you get pulled crazy between 2500-4500,can't even hold yourself well on the seat and keep your foot on the pedals on that rpm range,but in the mid rance from 4500-5500 torque drops bit fast.

You could see the dyno grafic from both evoms and AWE website.Ignore their AWHP,just look the torque ranges.They are different.GIAC tune's torque not going as rush as EVOMS but also not drop as faster as EVOMS in mid rpm range.I am not sure if that make sense for the driving feel..

Old 04-18-2009, 07:26 PM
il nino is infamous around these partsil nino is infamous around these parts
what happens if you do add on items to the car? Do you have to go back to the installing dealer to have it adjusted for the upgrades?

Old 04-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
You can send the ECU back to your original EVOMSit dealer and they will update your file with the appropriate tune for your new mods.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:52 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Interesting observation. Do you think some of this effect is a result of the changed throttle response?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="AutoNumber1" width="330" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="35"><tbody><tr><td width="207" height="35"> </td> <td width="120" height="35">SP (Sport Pedal): </td> </tr> </tbody></table> All E-Gas (drive by wire) cars from model year 2000 and newer have an electronic throttle valve, which is controlled by the cars ECU. Available for certain EVOMSit performance programs, EVOMSit Sport Pedal™ (SP) feature changes the ratio of accelerator pedal movement verses opening of the throttle valve which will increase throttle response.

Originally Posted by lintc0532
they are bit different.

I have evoms setup from 580-620-700,with 700 I had 1 more flash upgrade for cat-less so I have enough experience to judge EVOMS tuning..
Its a great rush one!you get pulled crazy between 2500-4500,can't even hold yourself well on the seat and keep your foot on the pedals on that rpm range,but in the mid rance from 4500-5500 torque drops bit fast.

You could see the dyno grafic from both evoms and AWE website.Ignore their AWHP,just look the torque ranges.They are different.GIAC tune's torque not going as rush as EVOMS but also not drop as faster as EVOMS in mid rpm range.I am not sure if that make sense for the driving feel..

Old 04-18-2009, 09:45 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I do not believe it is fair to compare torque curves or shapes done on different dynos, on different days, with different conditions. Regardless of absolute numbers, the shape of the curve is dependent on the load. Any load type dyno (Mustang, DynoDynamics, or Dynapak) can be calibrated to show whatever you want. The shape of the curve and scale is linked to the load and correction factors. These variables can be adjusted on any dyno...it's really only useful to compare change in output when the parameters for the baseline and modification test are the same.

Anyone else?

Last edited by bbywu; 04-18-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:16 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
they are bit different.

If you call EVOMS, they can adjust that for you. EVOMS is sending me a new program that will even out exactly what you are talking about. They customized a tune for me for the kind of power delivery I was looking for. Give them a call.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:19 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Interesting observation. Do you think some of this effect is a result of the changed throttle response?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="AutoNumber1" width="330" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="35"><tbody><tr><td width="207" height="35"> </td> <td width="120" height="35">SP (Sport Pedal): </td> </tr> </tbody></table> All E-Gas (drive by wire) cars from model year 2000 and newer have an electronic throttle valve, which is controlled by the cars ECU. Available for certain EVOMSit performance programs, EVOMSit Sport Pedal™ (SP) feature changes the ratio of accelerator pedal movement verses opening of the throttle valve which will increase throttle response.
Can,

Whichever way you go with your ECU, you owe it to yourself to at least talk to Todd at EVOMS before you make a decision.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:05 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
Have you searched on this topic? I don't think we need ANOTHER thread on this subject.
Originally Posted by gmoney
Not many have run either side by side on the 997TT and can give you an honest opinion. However two things are clear, both work and both have a happy customer base. You could spend [waste] a lot of time reading posts between the two and a good portion of the responses wont even be from owners. Pick one of the above and you will be happy, I guarantee it.
Both so true.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:15 AM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
If you call EVOMS, they can adjust that for you. EVOMS is sending me a new program that will even out exactly what you are talking about. They customized a tune for me for the kind of power delivery I was looking for. Give them a call.
I had the newest 700 tune.it is like that.before you go larger vtgs its better.With larger vtgs it is like that...911&porsche magzine tested the evoms uk's EVT700 and metioned mid-range torque problem as well.
Because of that the EVT700 car did same 0-100mph time as stock turbo 600hp cars in that test but obvious lots quicker than 600hp cars after 100mph.There is a topic about that test and you could do a search in forum.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:15 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
How much is the average charge to have your ECU flash updated when you had add another performance part?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS or GIAC