997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Back to a turbo again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:44 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[QUOTECar was fine, just couldn't get use to the Sports Buckets. Spend a day in them and you'll see what i mean

][/QUOTE]

You may have just saved me 7K . I've been on the fence with buying them and really like them but have never took a long drive in them . What didn't you like ?

Old 04-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
[QUOTECar was fine, just couldn't get use to the Sports Buckets. Spend a day in them and you'll see what i mean

]
You may have just saved me 7K . I've been on the fence with buying them and really like them but have never took a long drive in them . What didn't you like ?[/quote]
The pad is very thin and combine that with the up right non adjustable back and after an hour or so my back was killing me, maybe it wouldn't bother me if I was 30 but I'm not

Old 04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dave(MA 02 C4S)
You may have just saved me 7K . I've been on the fence with buying them and really like them but have never took a long drive in them . What didn't you like ?
The pad is very thin and combine that with the up right non adjustable back and after an hour or so my back was killing me, maybe it wouldn't bother me if I was 30 but I'm not [/quote]

The hard part is that in most cases one never gets an hour test drive . I am 50 and even though I do keep in shape you have given me things to consider --if not for myself then for any passenger who might also find the seats uncomfortable .

I have sat in them and loved them . still do .

Old 04-21-2009, 09:29 PM
disruptek is infamous around these partsdisruptek is infamous around these parts
bucket seats versus...

Originally Posted by yrralis1
The hard part is that in most cases one never gets an hour test drive . I am 50 and even though I do keep in shape you have given me things to consider --if not for myself then for any passenger who might also find the seats uncomfortable .

I have sat in them and loved them . still do .
I figured that a bucket seat is essential for track use, but I'd need a tame seat for the wife and most of the winter season. Since Porsche seats are ridiculously expensive from the factory, I decided to get a car with the adaptive sports and then source a bucket (or two) for the track.

I did spend around 2hrs test-driving in the adaptive sports. After my E60 M5 (something like 21-way adjustable), I was underwhelmed by the seats, but there doesn't seem to be any decent alternative.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
The right bucket seats will fit you well for long drives and wont create any problems except possibly in the lumbar area.

That being said most bucket seats are also pretty thin on butt cushions, so after a prolonged drive your butt will hurt if your back doesnt.

I'm on my 4th set of seats now, and its a compromise, they are more comfortable on the street, but not perfect for the track. Overall they are livable in both situations.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:37 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
So, raiyu, how was the rest of the weekend?
Gotta love those advanced days, I just signed up for the advanced day at the glen.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:19 AM
cjb169 is infamous around these parts
That Turbo is HOT! Great color!!

Old 04-22-2009, 12:58 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Beautiful car and stunning wheels . What a perfect match. Congrats.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:47 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Gorgeous car and color, how would you compare the color with cobalt?

Old 04-22-2009, 05:58 AM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Simply Stunning,enjoy in the best of health.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:40 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I don't think there is a better seat made than the sport adaptives. Though they are heavier, they can keep you plenty snug on track and super comfy for long hauls at the same time.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:14 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Quick question.
Are you located in MA...me too?
I have the 09 C4S...must be the same one you had. How is the acceleration difference between your stock turbo and the 09 PDK?
Thanks
D

Old 04-22-2009, 08:54 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
So, raiyu, how was the rest of the weekend?
Gotta love those advanced days, I just signed up for the advanced day at the glen.
Need more negative camber, wore down the outside edges on all of my tires.

And on the last session of Sunday a 944 Turbo went off in front of me at turn1 and went back on track, pelted my car with all kinds of debris. I pitted in two laps later thinking I've had enough fun and I should take my car home and found out that he busted my driver's side radiator.

Luckily Lynmor was nice enough to trailer me back to their shop. Getting screens installed behind the bumper.

But overall great fun, Saturday's weather was amazing, and Sunday we had no rain either. Already signed up for Watkins Glen for the full weekend and NNJR is having two advanced days in mid-May at Thunderbolt which Im signed up for as well (Mon/Tues).

Old 04-22-2009, 09:33 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
That blows, I had that happen on my old c4s once.
See you at the glen!

Old 04-22-2009, 12:09 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Dave, you may have just saved me $7k too. Like Larry, I've sat in those GT2 seats too and loved them but hadn't considered the long term prospects of going with these seats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back to a turbo again