997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My new Ruf decklid...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 07:54 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
My new Ruf decklid...

My new carbon fiber decklid and wing...

Attached Images     
Old 04-26-2009, 07:59 AM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!!!Congrats mate!!

So where is the wing control button??Is the RUF wing not raise/drop anymore?

Old 04-26-2009, 08:13 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lintc0532
Nice!!!Congrats mate!!

So where is the wing control button??Is the RUF wing not raise/drop anymore?
I was going to ask the samething. I guess since he had the button removed it must not move..

Old 04-26-2009, 09:10 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Bobby, your wing is a work of art, it looks hard core and yet understated.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:35 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
looks cool. No, I don't think they move.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:16 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon

It has to raise and lower, no? The hydrolics lifts look like they are exposed and still there?

Lou

Old 04-26-2009, 10:16 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
In any case, looks gr8!! Congrats!!

Old 04-26-2009, 11:32 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
wow, what a beauty. You must be so excited, congrats.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:46 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I believe they remove the hydrolics and use the oem aerokit wire harness, so it's up all the time. I any event, awsome. I wonder if Ruf sells those exhaust tips seperately?

Old 04-26-2009, 12:46 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lintc0532
Nice!!!Congrats mate!!
Thank you...
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Bobby, your wing is a work of art, it looks hard core and yet understated.
Thanks Doug! (And thanks for checking in on my build while your car was at RAC)
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Thanks Chris...
Originally Posted by LSM
In any case, looks gr8!! Congrats!!
Thanks
Originally Posted by nyamg
wow, what a beauty. You must be so excited, congrats.
Excited is an understatement...I can't wait to get it back!!! Thanks for the compliment.

I should have my car back from Dallas this week.

The Ruf spoiler on the RT12, R Kompressor 997, and conversions are fixed wings. To my knowledge, there are only 2 cars that hydraulics installed...an RT12 and Rami's cab conversion. You can ask Ruf to take the OEM hydraulic pump and cylenders and install it with the OEM harness on the car and have it go up and down, but the OEM Ruf version is fixed.

You'd be suprised how much the pump, cylenders and plumbing weighs. I figured the wing and decklid are carbon fiber...why add more weight. I can't stand having a non functional button on the car...so I used the lower console panel from the GT3 so the button is deleted.

Similarly, if you go to Motons or non Bilstein based dampers, you can turn off PASM from PIWIS, and get rid of the button by using the lower console panel from a 997 Carrera that does not have PASM as an option.

Another shot:

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Here are the two best examples...look at the hydraulics in the first picture, and the mounting stud on the second.

Attached Images   
Old 04-26-2009, 02:19 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
love what youve done to your car!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:50 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
that is a sweet wing. The wheels are very nice too - look like the new monobloc Champions.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by eclou
that is a sweet wing. The wheels are very nice too - look like the new monobloc Champions.
Thanks!

With a little luck, my car will be home this week!

Old 04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
That looks awesome Bobby. I'm jealous now!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new Ruf decklid...