997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Check it out full body wrap on turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:27 PM
porshah is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SoCalCFP
reminds me in the old days when you would buy a nice sofa and then cover it in plastic. just horrible.
I just had a flashback!

Old 04-30-2009, 08:00 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porshah
I just had a flashback!

Me too. Ever fall asleep on one of those things? A sure fire way to lose 20 lbs of water weight from sweating.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:38 AM
RAY in Pa. is infamous around these parts
Depending upon how long you leave it on, I'll bet the paint will fog.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:45 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
I have been told it is around the $5k mark for the entire wrap... no thanks.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:55 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jpcourt
I have been told it is around the $5k mark for the entire wrap... no thanks.

5k??????

Old 04-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
yah the wrap is expenisive i had a friend do it on his work van , it was about 2500, and that has flat panels. so i could see this being around the 5k range, but they figure if you can buy a 100k car whats 5g's lol

Old 05-01-2009, 03:46 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
Reminds me of an automotive version expression of a latex fetish !!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:51 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I posted this on the 997 forum as well. Just a warning. Wrapped cars look great from far away, but when you start looking closely you can find defects in the wrap. Most of us are perfectionists...while it depends on the installer, some may be disappointed at how $5000 was spent:

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
I posted this on the 997 forum as well. Just a warning. Wrapped cars look great from far away, but when you start looking closely you can find defects in the wrap. Most of us are perfectionists...while it depends on the installer, some may be disappointed at how $5000 was spent:
I think that all depends on the installer.

Remember that guy with the CGT that wrapped it flat black, I think his name was Fred, I'd like to think that with a proper install it would mimic the real deal.

But then again I could be very very wrong

Old 05-04-2009, 07:46 PM
albuht813 is infamous around these parts
Ehh....doesn't agree with me either. Nothing like letting the paint bathe in the sun.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Banned
peter_08911TT is infamous around these partspeter_08911TT is infamous around these parts
Carbon fiber would look nice!

Old 05-08-2009, 06:32 AM
LightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Catalyst
does doing this protect the paint like 3m clear bra?
Originally Posted by David9962000
How's the paint when you take it off?
Originally Posted by nyamg
what is the cost of a wrap like this??

Here is a thread that answers some questions.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nyl-wraps.html

Old 05-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Badazzv8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SoCalCFP
reminds me in the old days when you would buy a nice sofa and then cover it in plastic. just horrible.
LMFAO, I never understood that.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:12 PM
waydeki is infamous around these parts
i could see doing it on a track day car and then contrasting the matte finish with some gloss painted wheels, mirrors, front air dam, rear wing, and lower rocker stickers.

imagine a flat black 996 with gloss orange or red wheels, mirrors, etc as stated above.

i have a silver 996 for track that is not pristine and the former owner had some body work done with poor paint match. i'm considering a flat black paint job with orange or light blue offsetting gloss bits. i can always consider it primer and go over it with a new paint job.

like is said, my car will never be a 10 and i don't really like silver. so it might be an option.

but a $150k+ super car?

what do you wash it with, 409?

Old 05-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Future-TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by waydeki
what do you wash it with, 409?

LOL, that's hysterical and probably true.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Check it out full body wrap on turbo