997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GIAC tune price

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:09 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
GIAC tune price

Hi all. Did a search, but did not find anything.

Anyone know how much the GIAC software flash is for 997 TT (w/ 93 octane). Just looking for the flash price, not for the extra thingy that does race gas, valet mode, etc.

Thank you.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:34 PM
JS1967 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman

Anyone know how much the GIAC software flash is for 997 TT (w/ 93 octane). Just looking for the flash price, not for the extra thingy that does race gas, valet mode, etc.

Thank you.
I think I payed $3500.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:43 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of

Thank you.
hi send me a PM of the price quote from sewickley. we can compare
notes

Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
this is your dealer: call them

Apex Competition Systems

140 Lake Dr., Unit 105
Wexford, PA 15090

Telephone: 412-496-1804
Website: <A href="http://www.apexcompetition.com/">ApexCompetition.com
Contact by Email

Specializes in:
Audi®, Bentley®, BMW®/Mini®, Porsche®, VW®

Driving Directions

Old 04-30-2009, 10:56 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tejoe

Apex Competition Systems

140 Lake Dr., Unit 105
Wexford, PA 15090

Contact by Email

Specializes in:

Driving Directions
any positive feedback? anybody in the forum use them? looking for a
reputable tuner (experts) in my area. willing to travel 2-3hrs
to find someone "good"! have been in contact with joey @ Fabspeed;
very nice and knowledgable. i am very inclined to use them if i can
not find anyone closer. i have lost confidence with local dealer.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:16 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
You can always send in your ECU. It can save you a few hours road time. Also, call for pricing. You may find some "specials" being offered that aren't necessarily advertised.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:48 AM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
$3000 from AWE Tuning.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:02 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
UMW will send you a hand held flash loader that you can do the flash yourself in about 30 seconds. Just plug it into the OBD port. Price is much better and many can confirm to it's quality and power. Contact Kevin at UMW.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:14 AM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by landjet
UMW will send you a hand held flash loader that you can do the flash yourself in about 30 seconds. Just plug it into the OBD port. Price is much better and many can confirm to it's quality and power. Contact Kevin at UMW.
Is that for the "first" flash?

As I understand it, the GIAC flash must first be benchflashed (i.e. send in the physical ECU or bring to a tuner) and then, after the initial benchflash, the owner can use the GIAC Flashloader to change between the various purchased modes.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:17 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tejoe

Apex Competition Systems

140 Lake Dr., Unit 105
Wexford, PA 15090

Contact by Email

Specializes in:

Driving Directions
Thanks for the referral. I checked their website, but it's down for updates & will be available in February (it's May now ) I'll give them a buzz and see what's up with them, worth a try. Thanks again.

And by the way, I called about 10 tuners across the country yesterday to get quotes on the standard GIAC software tune. I was quoted as low as $1,000 and as high as $3,500.

I'm coming to the conclusion that many tuners/dealers that deal with people buying 997 TT's, GT2's, etc., assume they have so much money that they'd just pay whatever quotation is offered to them. On average, maybe that's true, and the tuners/dealer get away with it. **note, I'm not referring to any specific tuner/dealer in this thread, just making general statements here.

For me, I bought my 2009 997 TT with cash. I sold my company about 2 months ago, and paying $1,000 versus $3,500 makes no real difference financially to me. However, that does not mean that I'm just going to throw away cash and have a dealer/tuner take advantage of me.

I want to do business with a tuner/dealer that I can trust without having to scour every invoice that I receive and triple check that quotes for work to be performed (or products to be purchased), are not going to double or triple when it comes time to pick up the car.

Simply, I just don't want any surprises.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:29 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by InTheAir
Is that for the "first" flash?

As I understand it, the GIAC flash must first be benchflashed (i.e. send in the physical ECU or bring to a tuner) and then, after the initial benchflash, the owner can use the GIAC Flashloader to change between the various purchased modes.
That is for the first flash and any subsequent flashes. Extremely easy to do. Well I should qualify that by saying when you get the hand held unit the first time, you plug it in and let it read your car, then send it to Kevin, he programs it and sends it back so you can install the new program. He has a variety of programs available. You can also flash back to the stock program for going to a smog test. Kevin is great to work with. Very good customer service.

Last edited by landjet; 05-01-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
And by the way, I called about 10 tuners across the country yesterday to get quotes on the standard GIAC software tune. I was quoted as low as $1,000 and as high as $3,500.

WOW that's CHEAP!! So far the EVOMS quotes I have gotten are consistently around $3k.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:48 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I would be surprised if the lower quotes can come through, surely the company has to pay GIAC more than $1k in 'fees' to flash the car? I would be shocked to see it go for $2k or less!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
GIAC rocks

The GIAC web page (http://www.giacusa.com/software.php?make=porsche) will give a good idea of the costs for the various flash options. They also give excellent before and after sales support. I didn't have to send mine away since my tuner is an "authorized" associate and the flash was done in shop over the internet. GIAC, sorry I'm keep repeating myself, offers an extremely SMOOTH delivery of power across the band - as cool as the extra power. They also pay close attention to turbo heat levels in their software design for reliability.
K.
P.S.I got the valet option and have used it a couple of times and it sure makes your car drive like it's got potatoes in the exhaust. A good idea for sure in some situations - no worries about hot *******!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
$1k for the GIAC on a C2S, done in house (no mail in) in Jacksonville, FL.. Tuner (an experienced racer and a Porsche certified shop) was great (tweaked it several times, a couple of road tests); I could not be happier!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC tune price