997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

EVOMSit update re-flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:59 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Mike (or anyone),

1. I am collecting before and after dyno's to look at and to post on that other poll thread, I could not find one for EVOMSit Stage 1 (a real one, not a stylyzed re-drawn reproduction), anyone has one you could post please?
I could only see the higher power dyno from EVOMSit web site.

2. Thanks for the very interesting report. Did Todd reduce the throttle response or was it a change in timing, boost, etc.?

Sparkhill,
Yes that's my understanding. To evaluate an ECU tune, before and after dyno's to look for the change is the way to go because the data could be influenced greatly by changing the dyno's parameters. Or Vbox -- which I am seriously considering for the fun of it. I would like to get some baseline data for my car (and down the slippery slope I am going) .

Last edited by cannga; 05-02-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:07 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Glad to hear the springs worked out. If they have a proper dyno setup, I am in to do some dyno runs. Let me know.
It turns out that Stuggart also send their customers to Stack Performance for dyno runs and after observing them putting quite a few very low car on the dyno, I can safely say they are very careful and meticulous and the techs over there work as a team to make sure cars get on their dyno w/o scrapping anywhere. Here's a vdeo of a dyno day from last month, my GT was the last to get on the dyno at the end of the video.
If we can get enough people going, maybe we can get a 6 speed dyno day going.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwRZEG9PVf4

Old 05-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Was the reflash done for free or was there an additional cost to it?

I know that nothing is for free but for a company to stand by their clients requests and hook you up, that would be definitely a deal maker considering I've heard so much great stuff about EVOMS.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:21 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Quantum,

Take a look at page six on this link. It explains their 5 year policy on performance updates.

http://www.evomsit.com/EVOMSit_Co_Info_FINAL.pdf

Can,

Todd didn't reduce throttle response on this tune. We actually added the Sport Pedal on this tune. I don't believe the boost level was altered either. Boost guage still shows same amount of boost in both sport and non sport modes. The manner in which the boost comes on is different though. As far as the timing goes, I am sure what he did in that area.

You should swing by and take my car for a spin.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
^^^^Mike, thanks for the helpful reply. I think I am having a change of heart...

Old 05-04-2009, 12:34 PM

I don't believe the boost level was altered either. Boost guage still shows same amount of boost in both sport and non sport modes.
Re. boost reading, I think I've read that in our Turbo the boost reading will max out at 1.2 bar *regardless* of how high the actual reading is. That is, the boost indicator is programmed to not read more than 1.2 bar. Do you know anything about this?

Old 05-04-2009, 12:38 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I thought the boost guage just indicates requested boost, not the actual boost delivered??

Old 05-04-2009, 12:43 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I am no expert, but my understanding is that the boost guage will max out at 17 lbs regardless of what the actual boost pressure is in sport mode.

Apparently, the factory programmed the ECU to only read 15 lbs of boost in non sport mode even though you are putting out more boost.

That is my understanding. Maybe some of the experts can jump in here and share some of their knowledge with us.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Former Vendor
RSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond repute
EVOMSit

Mike,

<o></o>Glad to hear you are pleased with the Re-flash, I was definitely feeling the EVOMSit advantage when we drove your car at speeds that wont be mentioned here. No surges, no pulled timing, no pinging, just like the factory program only so much more power and torque.

As So-cals "Premier Evolution Motorsports/EVOMSit Dealer", we are more than happy to install flash updates for Stuttgart Performance/EVOMSit customers. As a Premier Porsche Performance Tuning Center, it's in our best interest to provide valued clients the most proven, reliable, technologically advanced software available. Using OE software as the benchmark for driveablilty and dependability, Stuttgart Performance/RSS choose EVOMSit all day everyday.

<o></o><o></o><o></o>Enjoy the ride Mike….

RSSmike<o></o>
I got my EVOMSit ECU re-flashed with a slightly different tune last week. Special thanks to Todd Zuccone at Evolution Motorsports for rewriting my tune and a thanks to Mike at RSS for taking the time to upload the flash for me.

Todd modified the tune on my tt to fit what I was looking for. The EVOMS tune I had was great. The boost came on really strong early and the car was pretty darn fast. The power delivery would level off a bit at the top of the RPM range, but this was great for pretty much dusting anybody that wanted to take a run at me.

I asked Todd if we can make the power delivery more linear all the way up to redline, as I was looking for a slightly different acceleration characteristic. He said no problem. He asked me to send him an updated list of mods on my car and started his magical tweaking process. He sent the file to RSS and we uploaded to the ECU and off we went.

My impressions of the new tune is this. It is exactly what I was looking for. The power delivery is smooth and linear. The boost comes on strong and stays strong to redline. The car feels even faster than before.

I learned a tremendous deal from Todd from our conversations. Here is the skinny. EVOMS is a world class tuner. Even with all the success that EVOMS has gone thorugh, Todd is a down to earth guy who runs a class operation. He spent more than enough time with me on the phone to help me through this process.

After this experience, It really solidified one thing in my mind. EVOMS stands behind their products and their customer service is second to none.

Last edited by RSSmike; 05-05-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:25 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I am no expert, but my understanding is that the boost guage will max out at 17 lbs regardless of what the actual boost pressure is in sport mode.

Apparently, the factory programmed the ECU to only read 15 lbs of boost in non sport mode even though you are putting out more boost.

That is my understanding. Maybe some of the experts can jump in here and share some of their knowledge with us.
I can verify that statement. I don't have the sport chrono and the factory programmed ECU will top out at 15 lbs. So I asked Todd to program my ECU with "sport on" all the time. My boost guage now pegs (and stays) at 15 but according to Todd, I'm getting the full 18. And yes, my butt dyno agrees.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
I also got my EVOMSit ECU re-flashed couple of weeks ago. Another thanks to Mike at RSS and Todd Zuccone at Evolution Motorsports. It's great to have someone you trust to work on your car!!