997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

EVOMSit update re-flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:27 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
EVOMSit update re-flash

I got my EVOMSit ECU re-flashed with a slightly different tune last week. Special thanks to Todd Zuccone at Evolution Motorsports for rewriting my tune and a thanks to Mike at RSS for taking the time to upload the flash for me.

Todd modified the tune on my tt to fit what I was looking for. The EVOMS tune I had was great. The boost came on really strong early and the car was pretty darn fast. The power delivery would level off a bit at the top of the RPM range, but this was great for pretty much dusting anybody that wanted to take a run at me.

I asked Todd if we can make the power delivery more linear all the way up to redline, as I was looking for a slightly different acceleration characteristic. He said no problem. He asked me to send him an updated list of mods on my car and started his magical tweaking process. He sent the file to RSS and we uploaded to the ECU and off we went.

My impressions of the new tune is this. It is exactly what I was looking for. The power delivery is smooth and linear. The boost comes on strong and stays strong to redline. The car feels even faster than before.

I learned a tremendous deal from Todd from our conversations. Here is the skinny. EVOMS is a world class tuner. Even with all the success that EVOMS has gone thorugh, Todd is a down to earth guy who runs a class operation. He spent more than enough time with me on the phone to help me through this process.

After this experience, It really solidified one thing in my mind. EVOMS stands behind their products and their customer service is second to none.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:37 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Would love to see a dyno graph of this new tune. I'm also getting a tune from EVOMS, hoping to get it installed this weekend. Can't wait.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:39 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bli8
Would love to see a dyno graph of this new tune. I'm also getting a tune from EVOMS, hoping to get it installed this weekend. Can't wait.
Bruce,

The only problem with a dyno is finding a facility that has sufficient cooling to do a proper dyno run.

Good choice on the ECU. You will not be dissapointed. Did you lower the car yet?

Old 04-30-2009, 06:54 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Bruce,

The only problem with a dyno is finding a facility that has sufficient cooling to do a proper dyno run.

Good choice on the ECU. You will not be dissapointed. Did you lower the car yet?
Mike,
Maybe we can get a dyno day going? I was just at Stack Performance in Santa Ana for a dyno day w/ the Viper Club and they are very careful w/ the cars and have a 4WD Dynojet. I think they can put the fans at the right places for proper ventilation.
Lucent put the springs on for me and the car is slammed now. I need to get out of downtown LA and Monterey Park to try out the new suspension though. As I have not really pushed the car in corners and don't know how it handles yet. The ride is just like stock though, very smooooooth. Thanks for a great deal. Lotus is sold too btw. Time for more mods...

Old 04-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Great stuff. Definitely one of the key benefits of working with someone as knowledgeable as Todd and the team at EVOMS.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I got my EVOMSit ECU re-flashed with a slightly different tune last week. Special thanks to Todd Zuccone at Evolution Motorsports for rewriting my tune and a thanks to Mike at RSS for taking the time to upload the flash for me.

Todd modified the tune on my tt to fit what I was looking for. The EVOMS tune I had was great. The boost came on really strong early and the car was pretty darn fast. The power delivery would level off a bit at the top of the RPM range, but this was great for pretty much dusting anybody that wanted to take a run at me.

I asked Todd if we can make the power delivery more linear all the way up to redline, as I was looking for a slightly different acceleration characteristic. He said no problem. He asked me to send him an updated list of mods on my car and started his magical tweaking process. He sent the file to RSS and we uploaded to the ECU and off we went.

My impressions of the new tune is this. It is exactly what I was looking for. The power delivery is smooth and linear. The boost comes on strong and stays strong to redline. The car feels even faster than before.

I learned a tremendous deal from Todd from our conversations. Here is the skinny. EVOMS is a world class tuner. Even with all the success that EVOMS has gone thorugh, Todd is a down to earth guy who runs a class operation. He spent more than enough time with me on the phone to help me through this process.

After this experience, It really solidified one thing in my mind. EVOMS stands behind their products and their customer service is second to none.
Couldn't have said it better. The EVOMSit has been such a great step forward for us too.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Same here. Mine was reflashed when I placed the Tubi race exhaust on .The newer software version combined with the catless exhaust makes my car feel like it's a rocket ship. I have never driven anything like my current car with its setup .

Old 04-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Couldn't have said it better. The EVOMSit has been such a great step forward for us too.
Thanks for pointing me the right direction last time Alex.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
Mike, you should get the car dynoed at GMG

Old 05-01-2009, 12:09 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
GB--Ditto that on all counts.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:46 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Ive been meaning to swing by RSS now that tax time is over and have a bit of cash in the mod fund....the only fund growing!

Old 05-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
Ive been meaning to swing by RSS now that tax time is over and have a bit of cash in the mod fund....the only fund growing!
Feel free to swing by anytime gmoney, look forward to seeing you...

Old 05-01-2009, 05:14 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Thanks for pointing me the right direction last time Alex.
Seriously my pleasure and glad it worked out

Old 05-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by bli8
Mike,
Maybe we can get a dyno day going? I was just at Stack Performance in Santa Ana for a dyno day w/ the Viper Club and they are very careful w/ the cars and have a 4WD Dynojet. I think they can put the fans at the right places for proper ventilation.
Lucent put the springs on for me and the car is slammed now. I need to get out of downtown LA and Monterey Park to try out the new suspension though. As I have not really pushed the car in corners and don't know how it handles yet. The ride is just like stock though, very smooooooth. Thanks for a great deal. Lotus is sold too btw. Time for more mods...
Glad to hear the springs worked out. If they have a proper dyno setup, I am in to do some dyno runs. Let me know.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:57 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
I'm not trying to start an argument but I thought the growing consensus is that the dyno is a tool best used to measure the delta of a mod. As much as possible, the variables need to be reduced to gain any meaningful information. It needs to be same car, same dyno settings, etc. with the only thing changed being the mod. I am not sure an "after" dyno without a baseline will yield much useful information. Maybe some of the experts will chime in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMSit update re-flash