997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

IPD Plenum - never saw anyone saying this...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
IPD Plenum - never saw anyone saying this...

I installed the plenum last week and this weekend made a trip of 600km. The reason for this trip was a trackday. In the track i got higher trap speeds (+15km/h - 249km/h) in the starting straight (1km), but in the last time i was there the car was bone stock. I think that is mainly due to the race cats, and higher corner exit speed due to the suspension mods. I not saying that the plenum doesn't make power, and i bet it does due to the Y-pipe design, but the differences that i saw with the plenum was the jet intake sound in the cold starting and when cruising in highways in top gear and lower rpm, and it drop the fuel consumption: 1-1,5l/100km overall. Am i the only one that noticed that???

Last edited by Tiago; 05-04-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:35 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
I was at Stuggart Performance over the weekend and had a tour of their showroom and manufacturing facilities. First rate operation there definitely. What I didn't know was that they were the ones that make these IPD Plenums. I was able to compare the IPD to the OEM plenum and looks like the IPD would flow a lot more air and the patented Y wedge inside the plenum would manage air flow to either side better and thus minimize turbulence, and in theory that should make more power. I can see more air is needed w/ larger turbos but w/ the OEM turbos, but with mods like yours or mine (flash and exhaust), would the gains be worth the investment?

Old 05-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Brian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really nice
Originally Posted by bli8
I was at Stuggart Performance over the weekend and had a tour of their showroom and manufacturing facilities. First rate operation there definitely. What I didn't know was that they were the ones that make these IPD Plenums. I was able to compare the IPD to the OEM plenum and looks like the IPD would flow a lot more air and the patented Y wedge inside the plenum would manage air flow to either side better and thus minimize turbulence, and in theory that should make more power. I can see more air is needed w/ larger turbos but w/ the OEM turbos, but with mods like yours or mine (flash and exhaust), would the gains be worth the investment?
Worth the investment, absolutely!!! Without it sounding like a sales pitch which I know you guys hate, I would have to say that this piece definitely helps on throttle response. While I have not actually done dyno testing with it, the few that I have done for clients reported they noticed an improvement on/off/on the throttle in a positive way, one car with OEM DV's and the others with Evoms DV's. You guys know me to be brutally honest with everything I sell and this is one piece that does not fall into the "snake oil" category. If anyone is interested in picking up one, PM me your zip code and I can put a shipped price together for you.

Brian