997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Question for EVOMSit Experts Re. Spare ECU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:21 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Makes sense. If I get a spare ECU, it's actually for reasons other than warranty protection.
I was just thinking about 2 situations; just thinking ahead, perhaps it won't be necessary:
1. If something goes wrong, some warning lights, this would save me a lot of headache to be able to pop in the original one.
2. If there is something I don't like about the new flash, comparison to stock would confirm the findings for me.

I have a couple of other questions for you please:
I have heard of people asking for "custom" tuning. What are the typical case scenarios that a "custom" tune is necessary?
Do your customers mostly have just the standard EVOMSit tune?

Thanks again Alex. Like I said, it's a good thing I don't live close to you; I bet your shop is a constant source of temptations for Porsche owners.

Originally Posted by sharkster
1)The really useful reason to do it would be to have a true 91 or 93 pump set up/tune and then maybe a race gas 100 octane tune. You can also do it so that you have your stock ECU untouched etc... and then swap in for your modified ECU however the number of hours etc... So if you're going to do that use the "new" ECU as your programed one if that makes sense?
2)Absolutely. Easy as pie and takes about 15 mins on a Coupe to swap.
3)You can although if that's something that's important I would keep your stock ECU un-touched and get a second ECU that's tuned. Make sense?