997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Turbo badge in body color?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 11:22 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo badge in body color?

I usually scoff at people asking a board their opinion on things such as this

Ah, what the hell. I can see how a few opinions can help someone, so why not.

First, I'll scoff at myself.

Second, I have a Guards Red with the red taillights (from factory) and Fabspeed blackened chrome tips. So the chrome turbo badge looks out of place.

I've read through other posts regarding badging, and many people seem to like the removal of the badge alltogether. I happend to like the badge.

So, I'm torn between a satin black (which I think will offset the black chrome tips fairly well) or Guards Red. I'm leaning toward Guards Red given it does hint to a badge removal since it is subtle.

Any thoughts/opinions (scoffing welcome too). Any pics of a Guards Red badge on the same body color would also be great!

Cheers

Old 05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
I suggest either stain or gloss black.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:00 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sparkhill
I suggest either stain or gloss black.
Thanks, I just ordered satin black.

Thanks for not scoffing (publically at least).

Old 05-08-2009, 02:26 PM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
Mine is body color and I love it.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:30 PM
^^^awesome pic

the shadowng on your paint color gives the car incredible dimension...looks excellent!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:11 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
I would do satin i did mine myself ,just take a piece of fishing line & wrap it around your fingers & use it like a saw to remove emblem ,took me about 30 mins including letting the $4.00 can of paint dry.

Attached Images  
Old 05-08-2009, 08:48 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by twturbo
I would do satin i did mine myself ,just take a piece of fishing line & wrap it around your fingers & use it like a saw to remove emblem ,took me about 30 mins including letting the $4.00 can of paint dry.
Looks great! How did you get the badge to stay after the paint. What did you use?

Old 05-09-2009, 07:55 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
I usually scoff at people asking a board their opinion on things such as this

Ah, what the hell. I can see how a few opinions can help someone, so why not.

First, I'll scoff at myself.

Second, I have a Guards Red with the red taillights (from factory) and Fabspeed blackened chrome tips. So the chrome turbo badge looks out of place.

I've read through other posts regarding badging, and many people seem to like the removal of the badge alltogether. I happend to like the badge.

So, I'm torn between a satin black (which I think will offset the black chrome tips fairly well) or Guards Red. I'm leaning toward Guards Red given it does hint to a badge removal since it is subtle.

Any thoughts/opinions (scoffing welcome too). Any pics of a Guards Red badge on the same body color would also be great!

Cheers
go with black. i have a white tt and i painted the emblem "guards red"; the contrast looks great! if you ever change the wheels to some type of "black" (powder coated, matte, clearcoat, etc.) it will look awesome together. you have to get new emblem and paint it; just make sure they
put it back on "straight"! good luck

Old 05-09-2009, 07:56 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Once the emblem was removed there was a very thin foam backing on the emblem that stayed on the decklid & the emblem i used a small amount of super glue to reattach the emblem ,the glue is only on the foam as it was on both surfaces & not touching the paint.The foam backing on the decklid aids in the exact replacement location.

Last edited by twturbo; 05-09-2009 at 07:59 PM.