997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

How long did it take to complete modifications?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:14 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yrralis1
In Miami I have heard stories of the police finding just the lojack (no car) so i decided not to get it . I figured it might be a waste. Since my car is so unique I imagine it would not be stolen outright (too easy to spot) but things like wheels, lights, Techart steering wheel etc .. might disappear . I had issues with my 996 where the front end was torn off for the lights . My first 997S too . My neighbor (forum member Krown05 --doesn't post often) had his lights taken three times .. once while he got a haircut . He uses his 997 as a daily .

The east west roads are wide open in Florida as you describe but creatures like alligators can cross the road .

There are so many tracks in Florida -Sebring/Homestead etc . I haven't taken my car yet because I have wanted to savor it and just enjoy having it first . Sometimes I sit in my garage and look at it .

If in town shoot me a PM . BTW -to make your car a 700 car would not be a tremendous expense . You have many of the parts . I did not have the race version exhaust at first . I had the regular Tubi like you and it was great .
that would be tough to live with; how do you get around with such a great & $$ car without having to worry about it every second? a friend of mine (has 997.2 C2S cab/w pdk) did Palm Beach International Speedway and loved it! tt a 600 car right now and like you loving every moment. i do look into the garage from time to time just to look @ it. the 911 turbo was my dream car while in professional school. i have to pinch myself now and then to make sure it's not a dream i have the Tubi "race" exhaust; the sound is just incredible as you know. I can just imagine how great it is @ 700hp! i'm on mod hiatus for now. EVOM Clubsport I/C and WERKS1 airbox in the future. how do you like WERKS1?
better airflow? any leak issue? WERKS1 looks beautiful; puts a "spark" in the engine bay

Old 05-12-2009, 09:23 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997tt RS 2.7
that would be tough to live with; how do you get around with such a great & $$ car without having to worry about it every second? a friend of mine (has 997.2 C2S cab/w pdk) did Palm Beach International Speedway and loved it! tt a 600 car right now and like you loving every moment. i do look into the garage from time to time just to look @ it. the 911 turbo was my dream car while in professional school. i have to pinch myself now and then to make sure it's not a dream i have the Tubi "race" exhaust; the sound is just incredible as you know. I can just imagine how great it is @ 700hp! i'm on mod hiatus for now. EVOM Clubsport I/C and WERKS1 airbox in the future. how do you like WERKS1?
better airflow? any leak issue? WERKS1 looks beautiful; puts a "spark" in the engine bay
I love the werks 1 . It's an awesome piece of equipment plus the Evoms IC is a nice compliment to your setup.

Today I took a drive out of Miami up to Weston . It's somewhat a blend of city and newfangled residences . It's nice but I get bored . It's very safe though and parking spaces were larger so I took the Turbo . I thought to myself "if i lived in a place like this I could drive the car more" . I'm not moving though . Too much fun in Miami.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
I love the werks 1 . It's an awesome piece of equipment plus the Evoms IC is a nice compliment to your setup.

Today I took a drive out of Miami up to Weston . It's somewhat a blend of city and newfangled residences . It's nice but I get bored . It's very safe though and parking spaces were larger so I took the Turbo . I thought to myself "if i lived in a place like this I could drive the car more" . I'm not moving though . Too much fun in Miami.
i've been to Weston, it is nice; but Miami is where the action is! Southbeach especially; Coconut Grove is nice too

Old 05-12-2009, 11:20 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I guess it depends on your definition of what "modding" the Turbo means. I spent WAY more money on driving schools than I did on actually modding my car because IMHO, it makes much more sense to improve the driver before the car. Once I knew exactly what I was looking for, I went ahead and modified the Turbo to suit my tastes. I was lucky enough also to drive the Turbo before it was released and that gave me a good sense of what needed to be "fixed." So, I got the exhaust, wheels, steering wheel, and a few other bits and pieces before mine even arrived. I left it be for a while but after going to two driving schools plus driving a GT3, I knew exactly what needed to be done which was to modify the suspension. I've since then added the IPD plenum, the GT2 sides, and painted front/rear lips. IMHO, she's perfect the way she is right now. Larry aka HUMMM 3 must agree with me because he copied everything I did!

IMHO, the car does not need any more power. She's powerful enough for my needs. Besides, anyone can drive fast in a straightline. Try doing that in the twisties.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:26 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I spent WAY more money on driving schools than I did on actually modding my car because IMHO, it makes much more sense to improve the driver before the car.
I am trying to figure out something . When it comes to driving school it's geared for a track and seems more like an organized sport with a goal.

My basic training with driving began as a teen commuting in New York City all the way through my early 20's . 7AM running late to class the streets of the city were filled with Checker Cabs . They are not track drivers NOr are they Sunday drivers . They drive fast and most of the time efficiently . Major accidents occur everywhere .. even the track but the cabbies in NYC was what i had to face growing up . After leaving there it was base to drive almost anywhere .

Then comes Miami .It's a place where people come from many other countries and cities which makes driving styles a different obstacle course than NYC . Both challenging but different . In fact it's not uncommon to see a 35 year old get his first car in Miami because in his country hecould not have one . So there are middle aged people with driving experience of a an 18 year old with slower reflex and vision.

I am not trying to debunk driving school and it is the only way to drive these cars properly but I can't seem to see the real world practical application .

Old 05-13-2009, 12:31 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Quite the contrary, Larry, you do have a point that real world offers lessons that driving schools can not but on the other hand, you do learn a whole lot more about the way you can control the car. The limits you'd never thought you'd know about. You could easily apply those newfound knowledge towards real world driving. I know that knowledge gained from those driving schools has gone a long ways in preparing me for what lies ahead. In fact, I had such a scenario today. I was a victim of an overzealous female driver today on the streets and truthfully, if not for my driving training, I think the outcome could have been worse and I wasn't even in my Porsche at the time.

Besides, it isn't just real world driving that these would apply towards, but also all the driving I love doing so much on those back roads. Like yourself, I have spent years learning how to drive from all sorts of driving conditions all around the world thanks to my travels but that coupled with what I learned at the driving schools makes for a killer combination. In any case, I don't even track at all!

And imho, driving training in addition to the physical mods is part of my modding equation.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Interesting point Jason . It almost sounds like cross training . I am ready to try my first lap .

Old 05-13-2009, 12:45 AM
hugo is infamous around these partshugo is infamous around these parts
From my experience the modding never stops!
Even when you think you have it all and the car is perfect,there's the next car and it all starts all over again...

Last edited by hugo; 05-13-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by hugo
From my experience the modding never stops!
Even when you think you have it all and the car is perfect,there's the next car and it all starts all over again...
I have the "all or none" philosophy . For instance my Honda Si and 08 M3 are pure 100 percent stock . The mother load of mods is riding on the Turbo .

I won't mod the other cars at all --zero.
I won't stop modding the Turbo if I see improvents suit my taste and style.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:45 AM
hugo is infamous around these partshugo is infamous around these parts
I have the "all or none" philosophy . For instance my Honda Si and 08 M3 are pure 100 percent stock . The mother load of mods is riding on the Turbo .

I won't mod the other cars at all --zero.
I won't stop modding the Turbo if I see improvents suit my taste and style.

I don't mean the DDs and the lux/cruise cars, i did a 720 Rt12 and then i started to like the 993 turbo cars so i did a ctr2 with a few mods then the ctr3 was ready - peace for a while now again waiting for a ctr and a Novitec is being considered at the moment,see what i mean?

Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Interesting point Jason . It almost sounds like cross training . I am ready to try my first lap .

Taking the car to the track for a driving event vs street driving is like having real sex vs dry humping. It is an awakening

Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by eclou
Taking the car to the track for a driving event vs street driving is like having real sex vs dry humping. It is an awakening
Dry hump is disease and pregnancy free . Plus its an exit strategy of commitment. There's a good feature in everything .