997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TechArt Noselift Kit installed @ SharkWerks (demo video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 07:29 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Exclamation TechArt Noselift Kit installed @ SharkWerks (demo video)

Hey folks, James just finished installing the first kit TechArt nose-lift kit in the US today on a customer's EVT700 997TT. It's a pretty elaborate set up, including a hydraulic pump, plenty of lines, couplers and electronics as well as a nifty home-link switch replacement. Dan whipped up a demonstration video featuring our chief scientist and test pilot behind the wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyVEcfdGWFI

We've got a lot more to do on this car (including a full Type II conversion) so it's back to work. For those of you interested in purchasing a kit and for more information check out:

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=211

Here's a few pix of the installation process starting off with all the parts (and there's a lot of them):

The all-important pump and battery tray (very neatly put together I must say):

Here's one retro-fitted with the techart kit (top) and regular coilover (bottom):

In she goes back into the front:

The hydraulic lines need to be run careful and secured out of the way:

Much of the front trunk area needs to be removed etc..

In goes the battery tray and pump

Out comes the homelink panel..

And the switch panel (a lot of wiring etc...)

Last edited by sharkster; 05-14-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:42 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
hahaha. love it!

Old 05-14-2009, 08:32 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
wow! Wonderful job! thanks for the detailed post.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:50 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Cool video. Nice work...It looks like the helper spring is now placed over the main spring?

Last edited by bbywu; 05-14-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:58 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Great work Alex, Dan and James. I love it! Just another quality SharkWerks project. See you in about a week.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:25 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
hahaha. love it!
Cheers very much John!
Originally Posted by NeilM
wow! Wonderful job! thanks for the detailed post.
Thanks Neil. Our pleasure. We really do have fun doing this stuff!
Originally Posted by bbywu
Cool video. Nice work...It looks like the helper spring is now placed over the main spring?
Danke bbywu and TechArt does provide replacement springs for the front with a new helper spring correct.
Originally Posted by sparkhill
Great work Alex, Dan and James. I love it! Just another quality SharkWerks project. See you in about a week.
Thanks for the kind words Sparkhill and we're looking forward to it:

Old 05-14-2009, 11:31 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
That is bad ****! And the Shark helmet to boot She needs to see this clip.

Is mine ready???

Old 05-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by N2it
That is bad ****! And the Shark helmet to boot She needs to see this clip.

Is mine ready???
I sent her another thank you Email... I was floored when she brought that by. Her 580HP 997TT Cab is swell too I've said it before and I'll say it again us Porsche-folks are absolutely barmy aren't we?

Yours is on the chopping block. Come by tomorrow and get some ahem "ideas" lol! Drop me a line on the cell, James will be there but Dan/I are on a secret test mission tomorrow with PDK Caymans, PDK 997S' somewhere in Northern Cal.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:48 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
That is extremely cool.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:21 AM
aznoophi is infamous around these parts
sweet...i was wondering if it would work on a honda s2000 with coilovers too?

thanks

Old 05-15-2009, 06:15 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Nice job, i'm waiting for mine to come

Old 05-15-2009, 06:33 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Great kit ! it's a must have if you live in my country hehe

Old 05-15-2009, 06:54 AM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
nice video and great job!
definitely a great thing to have

But I`d love to do it Chuck Norris style..
not lifting the nose to clear the driveway/speed bump,but flattening the driveway/speed bump to clear the nose

Old 05-15-2009, 07:19 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
This is one cool kit man... and people will be watching from the sidewalk. Great job TEAM!

Old 05-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
That is extremely cool.
Sure does help around here Thanks mate!
Originally Posted by aznoophi
sweet...i was wondering if it would work on a honda s2000 with coilovers too?

thanks
Cheers and in principle a kit like that would work yes. I'm sure there's someone out there making these?

Originally Posted by milou
Nice job, i'm waiting for mine to come
You'll like them!
Originally Posted by 997-QTR
Great kit ! it's a must have if you live in my country hehe
Thanks and hopefully it'll help
Originally Posted by youngbimmer
nice video and great job!
definitely a great thing to have

But I`d love to do it Chuck Norris style..
not lifting the nose to clear the driveway/speed bump,but flattening the driveway/speed bump to clear the nose
LOL too funny and thanks for the kind words!
Originally Posted by MY996TT
This is one cool kit man... and people will be watching from the sidewalk. Great job TEAM!
Cheers pal! People did think we were weird with the helmet and stuff

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TechArt Noselift Kit installed @ SharkWerks (demo video)