997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fabspeed Intake in hot humid climate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 06:19 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ishmerc
so your car is a Turbo and not a C2S .
yup. did i miss something?

Old 05-22-2009, 06:19 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by meaker
I would say if you are seeing a temp. rise in Pittsburgh, where the temp and himidity is nowhere near that of Dubai. I would stay away of a intake, unless it blocks all air from the engine compartment. I agree with Gmoney about a better flowing filter. Until I see data proven different..
I'm looking into a better flowing filter also and does anyone have any dyno before and after numbers on any aftermarket filter?

Old 05-23-2009, 10:21 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I have same intakes on the turbo. I put it for look and sound. The car in saudi and faces almost same climate. I don't drive the car a lot, but as long as i keep them clean with NO temp raise

Old 05-23-2009, 11:28 PM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly.Not suitable for the summer.I am in NZ( southern hemisphere ) so the summer/winter time is opposite to US...I bought a set at OCT. last year (summer start).I used them for couple of weeks and found they are too hot during street driving.Not good for the engine.I then changed the stock air box with BMC filter back.I readed the intake temp. from OBDport and the stock airbox air intake temp. is around 10F lower than the fab intake after street drive on a 90F day.

Now it is winter here so I changed them back for some track days..

Old 05-24-2009, 01:01 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Who makes that Y pipe?

Old 05-24-2009, 01:33 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by milou
Who makes that Y pipe?
porsche does, it's the factory pipe just painted in red

Old 05-25-2009, 03:39 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
I have same intakes on the turbo. I put it for look and sound. The car in saudi and faces almost same climate. I don't drive the car a lot, but as long as i keep them clean with NO temp raise

Thanks for the help. The engine bay looks great by the way.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:42 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
I am still not sure what route to take. Problem is I drive my car everyday so I just have to make sure before I jump to anything. Some say the fabspeed is fine in the heat while others say it is not. Still not sure. Thanks all though.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:55 AM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
I'll not add it to my car, as mentioned by lintc this intake will rise IAT tempreture which means the ECU will pull timing = less hp.
it might be good but not over here.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:54 AM
I think I might just add in a bmc air filter to the stock box. However it looks very unrestricted. Looks nearly as if there are very thin gaps in between the filter lines. Is it something I should be worried about using in a dusty climate? or should it be ok if I clean it regularly? Thanks

Old 05-25-2009, 05:57 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
add the BMC in the airbox and wash it with the BMC liquids every service

Old 05-25-2009, 08:06 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
not sure why anyone would do this mod when I don't believe there are no performance gains, and you now have to worry about heat?

Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 AM
The sound of the turbos coming alive is what I am really looking for. That is why I keep on thinking of the fabspeed intake. However I am now thinking of just adding a bmc filter to the stock airbox. Just need to be sure that the added dirt through the bmc will be safe enough to use in this dusty region.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:34 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by milou
Another solution for you could be this thing, just make sure you speak French well
I can be wrong but it seems the GruppeM airbox. If i right, you need to speak japonese. (there are several GruppeM dealers worldwide).

But what i can't understand is that all systems similar to this, name it as ram air system. From my point of view, all this systems will have the same air pressure as in the stock airbox, unless you have some trunk scoops like GT3 for forced air (= Ram Air). Only this will increase the air pressure inside the airbox, and all the rest is fake marketing. I'm talking in something like this:

Last edited by Tiago; 05-26-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:39 AM
or a GT2 spoiler

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Intake in hot humid climate