997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Cargraphic LOUD vs. Tubi RACE, which one is LOUDER?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Canay is infamous around these parts
this one is also very loud ... It is a special 9ff racexhaust which is on a 700 HP 997 GT2. If you hear it live ... its amazing deep sound and i love the sound of the turbos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoRvi2Cb18o

Old 05-28-2009, 01:31 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Just to let everyone know we have have an sound version (loud) and a TUV version (quiet) both available with 200 cell, 100 cell or bypass. TT Gasman, the one you maybe referring to was done by Ruf and was our sound version with 100 cell cats. Nyamg's is our 200 cell sound version.

Here is a video of the sound version with 100 cells...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw5QRpZPwac

Thanks,
Rhonda
Whats the difference other than the quad tips of this system and the old model you were running a special on a few months past?

Thanks again for the input everyone!

Old 05-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
Whats the difference other than the quad tips of this system and the old model you were running a special on a few months past?

Thanks again for the input everyone!
C4SxM5,

Our new "Brombacher" systems are 2 3/4 inch all the way through for maximum power and give that deep almost air cooled sounding growl. The key is in the design of the cats, in the picture you will notice below that there is minimal flow restriction out of the cats into the 2 3/4 inch tubing. Then you'll notice that the flow remains consistent thru the can and out thru the tips. They are built in Germany by the same company that builds the Cup S exhaust for Porsche Motorsports. Our vendor is extremely concerned with power and sound and everything that has come thru here from them is top quality and sounds amazing!! Here are the complete details on the 200 cell cat sound version...

- + 25 crank hp & + 19 crank torque
- 200 Cell high flow, tri metal german HJS sport catalysts
- 2 3/4" tubing (70mm) straight through design for max. power
- Weighs 51 lbs. (23,0 Kg)
- T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304
- 4 x 3.5"(90mm) round tips
- Cone style catalytic connection design to prevent exhaust leaks
- Includes quick release clamps
- Made in Germany
- Modular design for 100 cell, 200 cell or bypass use
- Intoxicating growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle

We are just about to put the turbo exhaust systems back on sale, send me an email for details...

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 05-28-2009, 05:01 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
If I had to do it all over again, I think I would go with the TUBI race. It would be a tough decision between the Cargraphic Loud though. I just love the sound of the TUBI race at WOT.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Nyamg --I got dizzy watching the video as the camera bounced all over the place .

To the OP -- Here's my opinion of the Tubi race . It is loud as lion when you want it to be and can be quieter than the Tubi regular on low throttle when you are on quiet streets . By far it's the best exhaust I have heard on the car . I have sound clips . Shoot me a PM with your e mail and I'll send a few .

Old 05-28-2009, 10:55 PM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Canay
this one is also very loud ... It is a special 9ff racexhaust which is on a 700 HP 997 GT2. If you hear it live ... its amazing deep sound and i love the sound of the turbos.

Now that is what a turbo should sound like. Anyone know how much it is?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Canay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HRTC
Now that is what a turbo should sound like. Anyone know how much it is?
You can ask me ... I am the designer at 9ff. We actually build up a 99t GT-2 with complete Gulf design and 850 HP.

I will post you some prices

Old 05-28-2009, 11:22 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I just installed the FVD exhaust Rhonda describes and nyamg has. I totally agree with nyamg's assessment. It's deep and throaty and when you accelerate the sound is unbelievable. It's also 70 mm (stock is 60 mm). Give Rhonda a call. She is really great to work with. I sincerely doubt you will find a better sounding exhaust with 200 cell cats, especially considering the price.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:29 PM
You can ask me ... I am the designer at 9ff. We actually build up a 99t GT-2 with complete Gulf design and 850 HP.

That would be great. Also looking for the specs on the exhaust system.
Thanks

Old 05-28-2009, 11:51 PM

and pics if you get a chance.

Cheers

Old 05-29-2009, 07:07 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TTdude
I just installed the FVD exhaust Rhonda describes and nyamg has. I totally agree with nyamg's assessment. It's deep and throaty and when you accelerate the sound is unbelievable. It's also 70 mm (stock is 60 mm). Give Rhonda a call. She is really great to work with. I sincerely doubt you will find a better sounding exhaust with 200 cell cats, especially considering the price.
That's great, congrats, it's a great sounding exhaust. when people first hear the car in person they can't believe how amazing it sounds....air-cooled almost.
I'm extremely happy with it and glad to see you are too. Couldn't agree more about Rhonda too.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:22 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Props to you nyamg. I relied heavily on your description which was right on. Many thanks for leading me to the "right" exhaust.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:11 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TTdude
Props to you nyamg. I relied heavily on your description which was right on. Many thanks for leading me to the "right" exhaust.
glad I could help

Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of

WOW! will it spit flames like that on stock cars with this exhaust? For the first time I like the sound of a 997T with this exhaust...

Old 07-21-2009, 10:43 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic LOUD vs. Tubi RACE, which one is LOUDER?