997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Cargraphic AirLift Kit Installed @ SharkWerks: Demo video

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:59 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SoCalCFP
great vid. i am really torn. do i put lowering springs on and change the lip as it gets scrapped over time or spend over $5 grand for the whole set-up and save my lip?????
The thing is that the $5K does far more than save you some lips. The handling of the 997TT out of the box is probably the weakest link. The Bilstein B16's really make a huge difference. Some credible owners say that springs and a proper alignment are all you really need and I can't argue either way with that. But I can say the Bilsteins are really nice.

The Airlift is pure fluff... and I love it. I did the math $150 (new lip) + $75 (paint) and you can buy about 20 lips for the cost of the Airlift system. So you could change you lip out every 2.5 months for four years before the Airlift reaches the break-even point. But, really, is there anything remotely practical about having a car like this? Not really. So, like with most of my options and mods, I opened my wallet and widened my grin.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:24 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
Hi KA 997TT,
1) No, the handling is unaffected when the kit is not in use. The airbags deflated, and act as a solid aluminum spacer when the kit is disabled. I believe RSS/Cargraphic posted another video, showing Walter Röhrl driving a 997TT around a track with this kit, and it's still very fast.

2) No, it will not effect corner balancing as long as the heights are adjusted correctly when installing.

3) As long as your installer sets the height and camber the same as it was, there is no need for re-alignment etc. The height can be adjusted while the kit's being installed. Bilstein or TechArt coilovers (or factory coilovers on GT2, GT3 cars) are required for the installation.
So this is out the window as i have Motons...
Thank you for your reply. Still a great product.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor
Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KA 997TT
So this is out the window as i have Motons...
Thank you for your reply. Still a great product.
Ahh! Yes, you're right. I should've read your signature, it was designed for the Bilstein coil-over kit... I wouldn't put it on a Moton setup. Thanks for the comments.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:29 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Itzkirb
Nice system and even nicer video!
Danke! You guys in the Lambos have this already
Originally Posted by sparkhill
The thing is that the $5K does far more than save you some lips. The handling of the 997TT out of the box is probably the weakest link. The Bilstein B16's really make a huge difference. Some credible owners say that springs and a proper alignment are all you really need and I can't argue either way with that. But I can say the Bilsteins are really nice.

The Airlift is pure fluff... and I love it. I did the math $150 (new lip) + $75 (paint) and you can buy about 20 lips for the cost of the Airlift system. So you could change you lip out every 2.5 months for four years before the Airlift reaches the break-even point. But, really, is there anything remotely practical about having a car like this? Not really. So, like with most of my options and mods, I opened my wallet and widened my grin.
I hear you and if anything it just makes the car more easy to live with everyday. My wife's understanding of physics and getting the car in/out of driveways is sketchy so this sort of thing will help