997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My New Techart Kit and HRE Wheels!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:17 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
My New Techart Kit and HRE Wheels!

All my life I've been a car guy. I'm so thrilled that these boards have opened up the lines of communication for guys (and girls) like us where we can discuss our passion, our fears, our excitment and commitment about our cars. This truly is a community that I'm very thankful for.

When I decided to do some mods I reached out to several people who were incredibly helpful and I would like to thank all of them publicly.

First Andreas at CEC for his vision on someone else's turbo that I fell in love with and copied! Even though I was not buying anything from Andreas he answered several emails and really was professional, prompt and helpful. Second is Dana at Teamspeed who posted up the pics of the car I copied and helped put me in touch with Andreas. Third Alan Reichenthal at Jack Daniels Motors who did all the work and did an awesome job like usual! Fourth Phil at detailersdomain for another fantastic detailing job. And last but not least my man Maciej for coming over and taking pictures for me since I'm such a lousy photographer!

Thanks everyone!

Now to the mods.

1. OEM short shifter - this is something Alan and others have been trying to convince me to get for years now. But I kept thinking...why am I spending so much money when I have a perfectly good shifter already? But as we know logic eventually goes out the door with these cars. So I did a ton of research on it and was leaning in the direction when Alan finally convinced me to do it and so far...I absolutely love it. It has actually improved my desire to drive the car. I really like it a lot and would highly recommend it to anyone else that's on the fence.

2. HRE 890R - 20" - A lot of people are in love with P40s and they are very nice wheels albeit becoming a bit ubiquitous. However I'm old school and nothing makes me happier than a big fat lip on my wheels. So when I saw the car Andreas worked up I was infactuated. Despite everyone trying to convince me otherwise I went with the 890Rs and damn they are stunning!!!!!!

Now to the argument of 19s vs. 20s that's been argued ad naseum...I don't track the car (yet) so for the hard core racers perhaps there's a difference. But for me, they are outstanding. I was very worried about a harsh ride that I read so much and heard about as I have a back injury. After discussing it non stop with Alan he convinced me that 20s were the way to go. After having them installed, I would never go back to 19s.

The car first of all looks lower and the wheels look perfect. In addition, the car just "feels" faster and lighter. I find the ride quality to actually be much better than stock and now drive in sport mode all the time whereas in the past I used sport mode with the shock setting at normal as the ride was too harsh and jittery for me. Now it's perfect.

So if you are debating 19s vs. 20s...first make sure you speak to someone that actually has had both and then don't fear the 20s...they are fantastic. It will cost you more for the new rubber but I can't say it enough...the 20s are perfection.

As a side note, my car came with the Bridgestones and I switched to Pilot Sports (again on Alan's recommendation) and I can't believe the difference. They are way better than I ever expected and much more quiet.

3. Techart aero kit - Gene's car (eclou) has always captivated me and he only has the front techart spoiler (again...thanks to Gene for all his input over the years!). So when I saw the car that Andreas put together with the full techart kit I was sold. The only thing I left off was the rear diffuser. I just had the lowers painted and it's totally fine (for now).

The kit looks GREAT and makes me so happy I can't tell you...

While this car has always been beautiful it's never drawn attention like it does now. I have had people pull up to me in traffic to talk about it, had people follow me into parking lots to talk about it, etc. The transformation is unreal.

I drove it to a softball game last week and 30 guys literally stood still watching the car go by like I was riding on the back of a naked supermodel!

So gents...again thank you for everything. I love this car even more now and really appreciate the passion and friendship that we all have in common!

Ok...ok...to the pics...

Old 06-01-2009, 07:27 AM
mburns813 is infamous around these partsmburns813 is infamous around these parts
Wow. Great looking car. I really like the wheels.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:32 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
riding on the back of a naked supermodel? yeah, i'd stare too.

phenominal looking car! i do love the wheels.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:39 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
way to go Justin, and lovely shots by Maciej as always. Enjoy the new mods and hopefully we will get to see you on the next run
Danny

Old 06-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Nine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud of
Beautiful car. Ditch the front plate, consider the tickets just part of your mod budget. None of my cars have front plates, I might get 1 ticket a year. $75 is well worth the nose wart removal

Old 06-01-2009, 08:51 AM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
great looking car. Been thinking about that TechArt deck spoiler for a while now. Hope to see it in person at some meets.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Beautiful!

Old 06-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking car, ruined by the front number plate position though.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:28 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for all the comments guys.
With regard to the plate...it's not drilled in there...I bought an adapter that screws into the front tow hook so it's fully removable. The cops in NJ are a real PITA!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:17 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Well done that car does look fantastic!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:03 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Great Looking car bud. Now you need to drop it a bit.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:22 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Car looks insane....the rims are perfect, are the centers matte and the lips polished??

Old 06-01-2009, 07:19 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
nice work Justin! The only suggestion I might add would be tinted film for the LED turn signals. Stickercity.com has them pre-cut

Old 06-01-2009, 07:29 PM
jahnke has a spectacular aura aboutjahnke has a spectacular aura aboutjahnke has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Your car looks amazing. I have a black 997TT and wanted to see pictures of that kit on a black car. Now I want the Techart kit.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:34 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Very nice machine, sinister looking and a true "Show Stopper".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New Techart Kit and HRE Wheels!