997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ultimate SharkWerks 997TT Project: EVT700, TechArt Type 2, HRE, RSS Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 01:51 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAT J.
i'm speechless guys !!!! but damn nice job!!!!! way to go !!!
Thanks we love this car like our own I miss it already
Originally Posted by markccars
wow!
you gotta be proud of this one.
Thanks ever so much and as always we couldn't have done it without ya'

Here's a video of the daytime running light LED kit from TechArt on this car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B48xbyQtGNw

Old 06-07-2009, 04:25 PM
elow is infamous around these partselow is infamous around these parts
Alex, did I tell you how much I love this car? Thank you again!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:04 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by elow
Alex, did I tell you how much I love this car? Thank you again!!!
Hehe... Rack up some miles on this baby!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Banned
Rezmoto is infamous around these parts
wow great build!

Old 06-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Former Vendor
Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rezmoto
wow great build!
Cheers and the coolest one we've done!

Old 06-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
That car look HOT!

Old 06-30-2009, 11:51 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
Alex - is this the same car you took me in? 700HP?

Old 07-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by NeilM
Alex - is this the same car you took me in? 700HP?
Clones already. Had most of this stuff but not all of it.... Similar but no
Originally Posted by Itzkirb
That car look HOT!
Cheers... need to arrange a photoshoot

Old 10-01-2009, 05:43 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Just got the car back from Alex today! Thank you Alex, James and Dan! The car looks and handles amazing. The driving lights and lift kit is total coolness!!! Thank you Sharkwerks for making my dream car possible!!!!
Thinking of putting the Type II kit on my car. Can I please ask a few questions of yourself and Alex?

1. why you didn't go with the TA side skirts?

2. do you know if the roof spoiler actually does anything aerodynamically?

3. are you worried about stones etc damaging the front radiators now that they are even more exposed than the stock model?

4. any issues with the Daytime Running Lights in terms of dashboard warnings?

5. have you noticed any better downforce at speed ie. is the nose now feel heavier when accelerating?

Many thanks.

-Alex

Old 10-01-2009, 06:20 AM
elow is infamous around these partselow is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
Thinking of putting the Type II kit on my car. Can I please ask a few questions of yourself and Alex?

1. why you didn't go with the TA side skirts?

2. do you know if the roof spoiler actually does anything aerodynamically?

3. are you worried about stones etc damaging the front radiators now that they are even more exposed than the stock model?

4. any issues with the Daytime Running Lights in terms of dashboard warnings?

5. have you noticed any better downforce at speed ie. is the nose now feel heavier when accelerating?

Many thanks.

-Alex
1. i personally like the porsche side skirts better
2. i don't think so, but i think it looks cool
3. nope, custom mesh installed by none other: "Sharkwerks"
4. nope, no problema
5. feels very very stable and planted

i am very happy with this set up, no issues at all. hope this helps.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Many thanks that does indeed help!!

So I need to ask my TechArt fitter to create a custom mesh for the front grill. Hmmmm...

Other questions:

6. The rear spoiler, I believe it's adjustable right? Is this something you just leave well alone yourself though or are there instructions on making adjustments from TA?

7. Is the front lip adjustable too?

8. I am torn on the airlift nose kit but as my car is already -15mm I am a little worried about scraping the new lip. What's your experiences thus far? Those airlift kits are CRAZY expensive here in the UK.

9. The DRL, I assume they come on when you select the side lights on the lights switch? Or perhaps the home setting?

10. Do you know if the air scoops in the rear spoiler help cooling and thus give more engine more power on warmer days?

Old 10-01-2009, 07:37 AM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
WOW, you have a beautiful car. That has to be the nicest Turbo I've seen. I am not a fan of the GT street as honestly its waaayy too much, kinda rice imo but the type II kit is perfect, great job. Oh, and I love that you stuck with the Porsche skirts, Techart has some nice stuff but their side skirts always ruin it.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:48 AM
I am also on the fence about side skirts although they look great here:

Old 10-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
1. i personally like the porsche side skirts better
2. i don't think so, but i think it looks cool
3. nope, custom mesh installed by none other: "Sharkwerks"
4. nope, no problema
5. feels very very stable and planted

i am very happy with this set up, no issues at all. hope this helps.
All TECHART aero components are wind tunnel tested and functional.
The roof wing generates 3.2 kg of downforce at 140 km/h.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:27 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
I am also on the fence about side skirts although they look great here:

the techart skirts are to big, go for gt2 or mansory (rinspeed).

Last edited by jiaim; 10-01-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added pic

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ultimate SharkWerks 997TT Project: EVT700, TechArt Type 2, HRE, RSS Suspension