997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ultimate SharkWerks 997TT Project: EVT700, TechArt Type 2, HRE, RSS Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by markccars
All TECHART aero components are wind tunnel tested and functional.
The roof wing generates 3.2 kg of downforce at 140 km/h.
That's correct... and really unique compared to other aero part manufacturers...

Old 10-02-2009, 06:04 AM
elow is infamous around these partselow is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
Many thanks that does indeed help!!

So I need to ask my TechArt fitter to create a custom mesh for the front grill. Hmmmm...

Other questions:

6. The rear spoiler, I believe it's adjustable right? Is this something you just leave well alone yourself though or are there instructions on making adjustments from TA?

7. Is the front lip adjustable too?

8. I am torn on the airlift nose kit but as my car is already -15mm I am a little worried about scraping the new lip. What's your experiences thus far? Those airlift kits are CRAZY expensive here in the UK.

9. The DRL, I assume they come on when you select the side lights on the lights switch? Or perhaps the home setting?

10. Do you know if the air scoops in the rear spoiler help cooling and thus give more engine more power on warmer days?
6. i leave it alone but it is easily adjusted: 2 bolts on each side
7. nope
8. can't live without it
9. it's on when you start the car
10 . not sure about cooling, but the air gets directed in better

Old 10-02-2009, 11:59 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
Many thanks that does indeed help!!

So I need to ask my TechArt fitter to create a custom mesh for the front grill. Hmmmm...

Other questions:

6. The rear spoiler, I believe it's adjustable right? Is this something you just leave well alone yourself though or are there instructions on making adjustments from TA?

7. Is the front lip adjustable too?

8. I am torn on the airlift nose kit but as my car is already -15mm I am a little worried about scraping the new lip. What's your experiences thus far? Those airlift kits are CRAZY expensive here in the UK.

9. The DRL, I assume they come on when you select the side lights on the lights switch? Or perhaps the home setting?

10. Do you know if the air scoops in the rear spoiler help cooling and thus give more engine more power on warmer days?
For grills you'll need to go custom:P
6) It's adjustable and not hard to set....
7) Front lip isn't adjustable.
8) I love the noselift so much we have it on our GT3RS. Makes it so much easier to just drive every day.
9) Correct they come on just like that.
10) I truly believe it's just like a GT2 (more so) in terms of the way it feeds more fresh air in with a ram air effect. I know it doesn't hurt

Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Love coming to your threads. Great info!!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by StuartsPNB
Love coming to your threads. Great info!!
My pleasure... this is honestly one of my favorite ever turbos. It's been completely undressed