997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

imagine auto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 05:40 PM
nyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the rough
imagine auto

anybody know this shop ? I think they recently went out of biz I am looking at a 997 TT that they worked on with several mods mostly from fabspeed and trying to determine the level of quality

Old 06-01-2009, 05:52 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
I have dealt with Stephen @ Imagine and he is one of the most knowledgeable porsche people you could deal with. I haven't heard anything about them going out of business. There website is still working. I purchased an XM module for my TT and was pleased with his service. I haven't had any mods done by them but I know some of the other guys on this site have used them. They seem to be a first class operation. Good luck.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-02-2009 at 12:21 AM. Reason: non-sponsor link
Old 06-01-2009, 07:34 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Stephen at Imagine Auto really knows his Porsche's. Dealt with him in the past. Class act. I didn't know they went out of business. That's a shame.....

Old 06-01-2009, 08:23 PM
nyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the rough
imagine auto

I dont want to spread any rumors I only know what I was told by the owner of the car. Maybe there are 2 companies by the same name ? Or maybe they did go out of biz I just dont want to affect this guys biz if maybe it is not true. This is a 997 tt w/ exhaust ecu headers and new suspension, I think this guy used fabspeed parts

Old 06-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
^^^ HAHA I was wondering the same thing when I read the preview for this post. I didn't think that they had gone out of business. While I have never purchased from them they seem like a good group from what I have read online.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:44 PM
imagine auto

I just went back and read the email from the owner of the car. I think it is the same company as the owner was also named Stephen. I an only trying to determine the quality of the mods on this car I might buy

Old 06-01-2009, 10:04 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
If you are buying Stephen's Yellow Bird, than I am certain it has the best of everything!
Robert

Old 06-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you should let search be your friend...there are cheerleaders and detractors in this thread and some explain why the business is no longer

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ns-thread.html

Old 06-02-2009, 12:37 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
you should let search be your friend...there are cheerleaders and detractors in this thread and some explain why the business is no longer

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ns-thread.html
What the heck happened? Any updates? I purchased my first exhaust and ECU upgrade from Stephen.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
it was a series of events where Stephen got deeper and deeper and eventually had to close the shop..unfortunately, many members and customer cars were left in pieces...to Stephen's credit he did all he could to return cars to customers before the doors closed...however, some of those cars had been there for months and years and were still in pieces..there are many who are owed parts and money...it is most unfortunate because at one time Stephen was a very well respected member/sponsor of 6 speed and a highly regarded tuner...very sad

Old 06-02-2009, 12:57 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
it was a series of events where Stephen got deeper and deeper and eventually had to close the shop..unfortunately, many members and customer cars were left in pieces...to Stephen's credit he did all he could to return cars to customers before the doors closed...however, some of those cars had been there for months and years and were still in pieces..there are many who are owed parts and money...it is most unfortunate because at one time Stephen was a very well respected member/sponsor of 6 speed and a highly regarded tuner...very sad
I guess it's a truly unfortunate sign of the times and am sorry to hear that happen to anyone. Things must have gotten really bad to leave a sitation in that state.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:23 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Good riddance.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:52 AM
imagine auto

I was looking at the blue tt coupe at premier a 2008 model on ebay. Seems like a great car I am just having a hard time getting comfortable with what parts he used in this car and get get much info since he closed. But sounds like when he was open people think he was a quality shop and I should not be worried ?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:25 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Stephen was one of the good guys, I have no idea what happened. But, speaking from experience he was always there to help and his work was amazing. My buddy Phil has one of Stephen's 3.6 Turbo's that is spitting fire!
Granted the car was with Stephen off and on for 3+ years, but the final result is just freaking amazing and nothing compares to it, nothing.
I hope everyone gets their car back and I really hope Stephen comes back stronger then before.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
I didn't see that other thread I don't feel so bad that I only got beat for $300 bucks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: imagine auto