997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Detailer's Domain: 997 Turbo Exterior Detail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Detailer's Domain: 997 Turbo Exterior Detail

Here is another Porsche detail. Condition of the car it was in good shape, but still needed to be polished out. Customer wanted to regain its shine and gloss. I figured this would be a great car to use the Lusso Prototype Wax on. I believe we got the results the customer wanted.

Exterior only detail, take a look.

Products Used:
Exterior:
Adam's All Purpose Cleaner in the Cam Spray Foam Canon
Swissvax Paint Rubber and Optimum Instant Detail Spray and Gloss Enhancer for clay lube
Menzerna Super Intensive with the Uber Green Pad
Menzerna PO85RD with the Uber Blue Pad
Menzerna Top Inspection
Prototype Lusso
Einszett Spray Wax

Wheels and Tires
Uber Wheel/Tire/Wheel Well Kit

Tools:
Infratech 5300
Brinkmann MaxFire
Metabo PE12-175
Makita 9227 Hi Speed Rotary
The Uber Foam Pads (5.5inch)
Tons of "Uber" Microfiber Towels
Uber Drying Towels

Cam Spray 1500A with Cam Spray Foam Gun

Before:

Prep:
Wheels - P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel, and P21S Total Autowash on the wheel wells and tires

Old 06-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Bug and tar removed off the mirrors and bumpers with P21S TAW

The 911 being foamed up with Adam's All Purpose.

Claying

Polishing:
Before

Old 06-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor
After

Rinsed down with cold water.....Beading shots of the Lusso prototype

After shots:

Old 06-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor

Last shot:

Old 06-14-2009, 12:01 PM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
Amazing work.

I swore to myself that my last car would be my last black car.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:40 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
wow! night and day! amazing work Philip and thanks for sharing.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:28 PM
rideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to all
Thumbs up

As always, good job Phil.

I see a GR series STi in the background.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor
thanks guys the gr sti is my new work vehicle couldn't stand driving the fj cruiser anymore.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:29 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nevert00fast
Amazing work.

I swore to myself that my last car would be my last black car.

I said the same thing, so far Ive stuck to it! But if you have the time / patience black is amazing.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:15 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
damn, wish there was someone local to me that had this type of skills! great work!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:03 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
that is some of the deepest and most beautiful black paint I've seen,
amazing work...

Old 06-14-2009, 08:26 PM
996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that is truly professional work!

Old 06-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Former Vendor
thanks everyone I appreciate the feedback.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:17 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Amazing as per usual Phil. Further proving, a properly detailed black is the perfect color.
Couple questions...
1) How long do you recommend the TAW soaks bugs/tar before you go at it? Do you scrub with TAW on the paint or just rinse and then move onto the suds?
2) I just got the foam gun...any particular soap you recommend for it? I have some Zaino car wash left over from before, will that be fine for now before I buy something new?

Thanks!
Now I gotta get myself a Flex package from you...

Old 06-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Former Vendor
1. not long at all especially if it starts getting warmer. you can etch the paint if its left too long you can polish it out if it hasn't been long but I use an uber boar's hair brush agitate and rinse.

2. Adam's Car Wash has been working really well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Detailer's Domain: 997 Turbo Exterior Detail