997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Mesh screen for 997TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 06:39 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Mesh screen for 997TT

I got tired of having to fish out objects from within the front spoiler area in my 997TT plus a friend recently had his radiator punctured by a solid object of some type. I'd been thinking of getting it done but it was finally time to do it. Larry with his "twin" car also had it done too. We both had a mesh screen made by a local tuner shop and powdercoated black.

What I like about it is that it's not that obvious and would be hard to see when within the car. I considered getting a hexagonal type but in the end opted to go with these instead. I also couldn't find anyone out there that sells these pieces. I found one but it requires removing the plastic vanes and IMHO it didn't look very good.

Mesh pieces

Can you see it?

Another view

Even closer still

Close-up

Very happy with the end results and would highly recommend anyone looking to protect their radiator to get this mod done. It was relatively cheap.

Last edited by atomic80; 06-17-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:01 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Looks great, good job. I always find crap back there, like cigarette buts and leaves, very annoying.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:09 PM
substance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud of
u can get the mesh from home depot

Old 06-16-2009, 07:10 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by substance
u can get the mesh from home depot
I think that's exactly where they got it from. The hard part is removing the bumper and shaping it to fit within.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:42 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Jason, is that a laser jammer? How did you run the wires from the sensors to the battery? Im thinking about doing this soon.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:48 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
nice work! did it take long to install? I'm assuming it wasnt easy.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:16 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Great idea! My radiator has already been punctured and replaced 2 times!!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by gmoney
Jason, is that a laser jammer? How did you run the wires from the sensors to the battery? Im thinking about doing this soon.
Yes, that's a laser diffuser. I've had it for a while now. I wish I could help you with the wiring schematics but I had Benchmark Motoring install it so I have no idea how they did it. I can tell you however that they did not drill holes anywhere.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:55 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Thanks!

Old 06-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Beco is infamous around these parts
Very nice, but doesn't it create any additional noise?

Old 06-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Beco
Very nice, but doesn't it create any additional noise?
Not as far as I can discern. We chose that mesh design for a reason. To create as little wind resistance as possible.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Tiger is infamous around these parts
nice, i simple but vital mod. best,

Old 07-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Jonnydeep83 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by raclaims
Great idea! My radiator has already been punctured and replaced 2 times!!
Had this happen on my 06 Cayman S Tip once. It was shooting a stream of coolant out about 2-3 feet. Hopefully I will have better luck w/ my 997TT.... you think someone at porsche would have noticed and done something about this... Mercedes and Lambo have atleast some sort of mesh grill protecting the radiators in the front...

Old 07-24-2009, 06:26 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jonnydeep83
Had this happen on my 06 Cayman S Tip once. It was shooting a stream of coolant out about 2-3 feet. Hopefully I will have better luck w/ my 997TT.... you think someone at porsche would have noticed and done something about this... Mercedes and Lambo have atleast some sort of mesh grill protecting the radiators in the front...
The new GT3 has a mesh screen in the front bumper if Im not mistaken from some of the promo shots.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 AM
RT-TURBO is infamous around these parts
Hey all, check with mike @Road Sport Supply. Last week he was shoing me some mesh kits that they stock for just this type of application.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mesh screen for 997TT