997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

LED Rear Taillight pics & questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 01:10 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Well don't feel bad I have original TA and we had to spend more than a week adjusting before painting,now my rear type II wing is one piece a lot of work but it is 100% better and the side rockers are a mega PITA.
Incredible for the cost of this components and the cars they are focused to be installed.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:39 AM
sayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
Well don't feel bad I have original TA and we had to spend more than a week adjusting before painting,now my rear type II wing is one piece a lot of work but it is 100% better and the side rockers are a mega PITA.
Incredible for the cost of this components and the cars they are focused to be installed.
Very true! They should test fit these parts on vehicles before sending them out to their knew owners!
Post up some images of your car lets see it!

Old 06-21-2009, 01:42 AM
sayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura about
Hey Guys... car is almost finished, needs some minor things and it will be set. I have an issue with the rear bumper, which wasnt a very good fit, but since my bumper was the first one to be adapted to fit LED lights it will need adjusting...

Here are some pics!

Attached Images     
Old 06-21-2009, 02:27 AM
Porsh997TT is infamous around these parts
love your car!

Old 06-21-2009, 02:29 AM
Porsh997TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
I wish i could help you Bro, but please post pix of the car once it is done
Abdulla, someone took the lead and tried the NA auto kit...now Hesham and I can give it a shot:-D

Old 06-21-2009, 12:16 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
the front bumper looks ok, but that side skirts, rear bumper doesn't seem to align with the rear lights and doesn't look aligned with the engine cover/wing...

Old 06-21-2009, 12:37 PM
jahnke has a spectacular aura aboutjahnke has a spectacular aura aboutjahnke has a spectacular aura about
Your car looks AMAZING!!! I love the styling of this body kit. Its unfortunate that the fitment is not so good. I was seriously considering the NR Auto version vs Techart due to the cost. I will probably wait until the winter to do anything since I do not want my car down for that long.

In the pictures you posted, is the hood and rear spoiler popped? The gap looks very wide.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:44 PM
mrwonder is infamous around these parts
looks nice! please post pictures of the rear lights lit.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:29 PM
buzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sayegh87
Hey Guys... car is almost finished, needs some minor things and it will be set. I have an issue with the rear bumper, which wasnt a very good fit, but since my bumper was the first one to be adapted to fit LED lights it will need adjusting...

Here are some pics!
Looks very good, I've had the LED's and the bumper fitted by Techart, no issues whatsoever, the LED's worked immediately as they have a built in module and no modification for the lights where needed. Some mods were required to fit the rear bumper it took two hours to fit after painting.

Enjoy in good health...

Buzz

Old 06-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
wow! that looks nice!!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 06:58 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buzz
Looks very good, I've had the LED's and the bumper fitted by Techart, no issues whatsoever, the LED's worked immediately as they have a built in module and no modification for the lights where needed. Some mods were required to fit the rear bumper it took two hours to fit after painting.

Enjoy in good health...

Buzz
So you heve rear led lights and front TA leds?

Old 06-22-2009, 03:31 PM
buzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
So you heve rear led lights and front TA leds?
Only rear one's, here's a picture...

Buzz

Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2009, 05:00 PM
The car is with me now, but doesnt look much different than the pics I showed you above. Still need to have the exhausts done and the front light washers installed, but I am not getting an answer from my body shop! I also need to have the LED's working, which will hopefully start working once the dealer does everything needed.

Regarding fitment of the rear bumper from NR Auto, it is not a perfect fit one side, but I have called them and we are trying to straiten that issue out.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by buzz

Enjoy in good health...

Buzz
Did you send your car to Techart Germany? You installed all of the modules and everything? They were fine with modifying your vehicle's rear bumper?

Old 06-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by jahnke
Your car looks AMAZING!!! I love the styling of this body kit. Its unfortunate that the fitment is not so good. I was seriously considering the NR Auto version vs Techart due to the cost. I will probably wait until the winter to do anything since I do not want my car down for that long.

In the pictures you posted, is the hood and rear spoiler popped? The gap looks very wide.
Yes the hood was open but that is how the rear spoiler is for some reason! I have contacted them on that, but thats how it seems to look on other images I have seen.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Rear Taillight pics & questions